Florida Officiant Question

mererdog

In what context?

It could mean many things from the tid-bit there, but usually it means some sort of verification from the licensing agency that credentials and such have been duly noted and "certified" by the dept or agency. Without seeing the whole document and putting it in context though I'm really not sure...is there a link to what you are referring to?

Blessings,

In what context?

It could mean many things from the tid-bit there, but usually it means some sort of verification from the licensing agency that credentials and such have been duly noted and "certified" by the dept or agency. Without seeing the whole document and putting it in context though I'm really not sure...is there a link to what you are referring to?

Blessings,

No offense, but if the topic title didn't give you enough context to know the answer, I think whatever answer you give would be guesswork at best. I'm looking for the voice of experience...

• Administrator

Here is the full text, for the benefit of others...

741.08 Marriage not to be solemnized without a license.--Before any of the persons named in s. 741.07 shall solemnize any marriage, he or she shall require of the parties a marriage license issued according to the requirements of s. 741.01, and within 10 days after solemnizing the marriage he or she shall make a certificate thereof on the license, and shall transmit the same to the office of the county court judge or clerk of the circuit court from which it issued.

All this means is that, before you solemnize a marriage you will require the couple to have the proper license, and within 10 days after the ceremony you will certify on the license that you conducted the ceremony according to the law, and you will return the license to the office where is was originally obtained.

How you do that certification depends on the license itself. Most states have a form on the license that is completed by the minister to include appropriate signatures.

I am not speaking from experience in solemnizing Florida marriages, however, but from experience with the law. I believe that once you see the license it will be quite evident to you. A good way to approach this would be to visit the office of the county court or circuit court and see a blank license in advance. They will likely offer assistance to you with advice in completing it correctly.

Here is the full text, for the benefit of others...

All this means is that, before you solemnize a marriage you will require the couple to have the proper license, and within 10 days after the ceremony you will certify on the license that you conducted the ceremony according to the law, and you will return the license to the office where is was originally obtained.

How you do that certification depends on the license itself. Most states have a form on the license that is completed by the minister to include appropriate signatures.

I am not speaking from experience in solemnizing Florida marriages, however, but from experience with the law. I believe that once you see the license it will be quite evident to you. A good way to approach this would be to visit the office of the county court or circuit court and see a blank license in advance. They will likely offer assistance to you with advice in completing it correctly.

I saw that too md...just I HATE doing other people's homework! :P:P