I Don't Speak Cat...

grateful

Dogs are also extremely territorial. Outside in a fenced yard they protect their territory from intruders. I am not saying that I would isolate my dog. I am saying that he would live outside. He would still be the beneficiary of all the love and attention he would get if he were inside. My dog, inside, does not get up on my furniture or in my lap. I do not pet him when he is in the house because it raised so much hair, which lays in little clumps soon to be hair bunnies and grow into hair werewolves. I have had other dogs outside before marriage, that were quite well adjusted to their surroundings and happy in the roll they were required to lead. Of course, I have always had what I call "real dogs" and not those little things that can be mistaken for rodents.

Edited by Brother Kaman

Guest ministermom

sorry, what you said triggered a response, I was not speaking directly to you

but to people who would chain a dog to a tree for their entire life, or leave a dog alone endlessly without what it needs to survive. a knowledgable and loving dog owner can provide an outside environment that is perfectly acceptable to the spca and dog lovers alike :)

my dogs/dog have always served as guard dogs, though they might be inclined to show someone where we keep the silver - so they were always most welcome inside, especially at night. I lived for a number of years alone in a city many would view as incredibly dangerous but slept pretty well with eighty pounds of dog at the foot of my bed and seventy five more in the doorway to my room - good dogs

(my sister's yellow lab arrived for the holiday, there is most definitly a coating of yellow hair all over my world as we speak)

Funny, I don't see any previous posts from "formermember-ministermom...." Which alter-ego do you share with your present identity?

it's me my friend! (grateful...)

if I'm not logged in, it does that :)

Edited by grateful

• 2 weeks later...