Ulc.net Down?

musicman153

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably all those darn updates windows shoved down my throat yesterday on work PC, Home PC and laptops....I had 24 updates they took forever and I could barely do anything while on line while they downloaded

Or Al was making birthday cupcakes out of one of his USB ports again!!

Probably all those darn updates windows shoved down my throat yesterday on work PC, Home PC and laptops....I had 24 updates they took forever and I could barely do anything while on line while they downloaded

Or Al was making birthday cupcakes out of one of his USB ports again!!

:unsure: Why...er..ah hmmm....always pointing the finger at the pointy hatted one eh? :wizard: But, once again you are correct, I thought I could upload some of my wife's wonderful fudge for y'all to share in the festivities and well, it got through my unit okay, but then something terrible and dark (chocolate) happened...I got an error message: # 21708 that said: "What the frick you doing idiot? No nuts! Server allergic!!" So beings that happened and the Windows Update mandatory download thing, well... it turned out to be a frustrating mess!

I hope everyone is back to nermal today and have reset their settings to de fault...good of place as any to blame!

Blessings of Peace,

• Administrator

Was out again for a little while around lunch today. All seems fine now except for some sweet sticky substance oozing out of my DVD drive all over the place

You silly Alpaca, You should NOT put crumpets with honey in the DVD drive, You should eat them!:P

You silly Alpaca, You should NOT put crumpets with honey in the DVD drive, You should eat them!:P

Silly Alpaca?!?! Look Ed I followed the directions you gave me to a tee....well almost I improvised a little.

Directions

1) Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and beat vigorously for 2 minutes. A stand or hand mixer, set on high speed, work well here.

I did this and believe me I beat the heck out of the outside of that bowl with the hand mixer on high speed vigorously for a full two minutes. Not much happened

except now I need a new bowl and hand mixer.

2) Cover the bowl, and let the batter rest at room temperature for 1 hour. It will expand and become bubbly. Towards the end of the rest, preheat a griddle to medium-low, about 325°F. If you don't have an electric griddle, preheat a frying pan; it shouldn't be as hot as the temperature you use to cook pancakes.

This seemed a bit odd but I took the bowl upastairs undid my blankets and hopped under the covers with the dough and took a 1 hour nap. Then awoke and heated up the frying pan to 325. I must admit the rest did me good.

3) Lightly grease the griddle or frying pan, and place well-greased 3 3/4" English muffin rings in the pan, as many as will fit. (If you don't have English muffin rings, use well-cleaned tuna cans, from which you've removed the top and bottom.) Pour sticky batter by the scant 1/4-cupful into each ring; a muffin scoop works well here.

This part was messy. I got out the axle grease and couldn't find any English muffin rings or tuna cans but did find some rusty old oil cans in the back yard.

4) After about 4 minutes, use a pair of tongs to slip the rings off. Cook the crumpets for a total of about 10 minutes on the first side, until their tops are riddled with small bubbles/holes. They should be starting to look a bit dry around the edges. Their bottoms will be a mottled, light-golden brown. Note: They probably won't be as full of holes as store-bought crumpets; that's OK.

I couldn't find a pair of tongs to remove the rings, I don't wear them, so I had to use a pair of my SpongeBob thongs. They worked great I didn't burn my hands at all.

5) Turn the crumpets over, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, to finish cooking the insides and to brown the tops gently. This isn't traditional; "real" crumpets are white on top, but the crumpet police won't chastise you for adding a little color to the tops.

Well the crumpet police never showed up but the fire depratment got there just in the nick of time before the rest of the house went up in flames. Did you miss a step in the directions or something. Maybe next time give them to me in American instead of English :)

When I went finally back into the kitchen area I did notice one of the crumpets was done to perfection. It tasted fantastic!! Funny thing about that fire, I haven't seen my hamster since.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of a sad day for me, after all these years :unsure:

I guess what i meant was that its that standing in the doorway with a suitcase in your hand kind of feeling. There's a place for me somewhere, maybe, or maybe I am just a rolling stone.

Edited by Ravenstrikes

Mods, delete at will. the posts I mean, not me. I don't see why I should let you guys off the hook that easy, not after all the torture I've been through. I do feel that everything is finding its own course, as it usually does. And its not all bad, its not all doom and gloom. Just because I suck at being a pastor doesn't mean life's over. Not yet anyway.

Mods, delete at will. the posts I mean, not me. I don't see why I should let you guys off the hook that easy, not after all the torture I've been through. I do feel that everything is finding its own course, as it usually does. And its not all bad, its not all doom and gloom. Just because I suck at being a pastor doesn't mean life's over. Not yet anyway.

well, ummmm. like it or not - you're a pastor, it seems ( unless you feel that is a shirt you wear...)

There is no recourse but too get better....

failure is not an option - unless it wasn't about being a pastor.....

no, you are not off the hook.....

well, ummmm. like it or not - you're a pastor, it seems ( unless you feel that is a shirt you wear...)

There is no recourse but too get better....

failure is not an option - unless it wasn't about being a pastor.....

no, you are not off the hook.....

I want to be honest here, becuase I hope that someone may benifit from my experience, and that would make me feel that it wasn't all in vain. When I started out I was ego tripping, I wanted the title, I wanted to have a congregation, and I did..we had as many as 50 people show up locally and we had over 50 members on our forum. Then all hell broke loose and I was woefully unprepared to deal with it...not to mention I was going through my own economic collapse as southwest Baltimore was simply devastated by the latest depression.

I left the music business...very few people ever make money in the music game...I did. but it was a similar situation in a way...I followed the typical course, getting into a band, practice, practice, practice, get a few gigs, get into fights, break up, get back to together...you get the idea..

Now I've re-entered the biz with a whole new strategy, and a few aces up my sleeve. One of the first things I did was to sign a two year contract with BMI.

SOoooooo...if I were to try again at running a ULC congregation it would also need to be with a clear plan and a good strategy. I hope that makes sense...I do still have the Tax ID and all, I never cancelled that.

Good talking to you again Bro and I hope I haven't ticked you off as well, I got enough enemies as it is. Peace.

and whats really cool is that Lady Gaga, Christine Augulara (SP?) and my man, Snoop D-O- double G, are all there...not like they notice or care about me, but they are there...who knows, maybe will meet at one of the conferences...silver linings, always looking for those things. :rolleyes:

I want to be honest here, becuase I hope that someone may benifit from my experience, and that would make me feel that it wasn't all in vain. When I started out I was ego tripping, I wanted the title, I wanted to have a congregation, and I did..we had as many as 50 people show up locally and we had over 50 members on our forum. Then all hell broke loose and I was woefully unprepared to deal with it...not to mention I was going through my own economic collapse as southwest Baltimore was simply devastated by the latest depression.

I left the music business...very few people ever make money in the music game...I did. but it was a similar situation in a way...I followed the typical course, getting into a band, practice, practice, practice, get a few gigs, get into fights, break up, get back to together...you get the idea..

Now I've re-entered the biz with a whole new strategy, and a few aces up my sleeve. One of the first things I did was to sign a two year contract with BMI.

SOoooooo...if I were to try again at running a ULC congregation it would also need to be with a clear plan and a good strategy. I hope that makes sense...I do still have the Tax ID and all, I never cancelled that.

Good talking to you again Bro and I hope I haven't ticked you off as well, I got enough enemies as it is. Peace.

LOL, Raven - folks are always assuming they know my mind..... you have not even slightly aggravated me... I read the bits you post and try to follow along.

and I was not talking about having a church - I've discovered that a minister is a minister, all of the time.....

In my mind, it's more about an instinct, deep inside - even if we do not realize it on the surface - and a bad taste in your mouth doesn't last forever ( there's interesting things out there for a flavor changer, now and again )

It was my intention to poke you, to keep your eyes open for those small moments when you can be of use to another in your daily life.... That is ministering as well - and there is no congregation to manage.... and you do not have to wear the Pastor badge....

I have noticed that folks appreciate my kindnesses to a greater degree, when they have no idea I am a minister... I love to anonymously minister - it fills my heart like nothing else ( I cannot quite explain why I get so much more joy from it - I just do... ) I help folks with flat tires on thee road, visit old folks who are so alone it is painful, visit inmates who have burnt every bridge in their life from a burning frustration ( that I have felt ), and smile and talk kindly to folks for "no reason"..

no one I know, knows I do these things.... ( except Y'all - and those who have seen me going about my life ) and THAT gives it a very personal flavor..... which heals something inside me....