Dutchess

Kingfisher

• 1 month later...

Beautiful Lady! Too cool to hear about her "working" MP duty..I always like hearing those stories...more?...do tell!?

Blessings to you both,

This one has her begging to go out hunting... 230 and it's nearly a full moon.

You can take the dog out of the Army, but you can't take the Army out of the dog. Hooah.

Aye, she's my little Cargo Dog. Likes to "go for ride", but especially likes to "go for long ride". She's flown more than a lot of people. :)

She suffered quite a bit of separation anxiety when she arrived, I just try to make her feel at home wherever she goes. She did real well over the holidays. Here she is defending the fort from an invading tree.

5937785426_0a41036325.jpg

In the storm, in the night, action left, action right...

Was it high, was it low, where the hell did that one go?

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/miljokes/bltdy.htm

Har, how do you like THEM apples?!! :lol:

"Maower roaw meow maow me-ow maooeow maow moaw!" from the kids to your Cargo dog!

Blessings of Peace,

Translation..."As cats, of course we're suspicious, but you look like the type that would fit in nicely around here somehow! May we sleep on your belly?? Blessings!"

• 2 months later...

Her old family claimed she was a Golden Retriever/Australian Shepherd cross, didn't seem unreasonable and I thought it explained her coloring, but upon further research I suspect it's more likely she's a Flat-Coated Retriever. Yep, that's a pretty typical expression. Seems I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for cancer, though there's really not much to be done but give her a good life.

And speaking of the good life...

6239994698_4150692d79.jpg

<slobber>

That's her new boyfriend, Yogi, trying to steal her picnic basket again. He's a German Shepherd/Boxer cross, also rescued from an abusive household by my neighbor. Should be an interesting litter, hopefully the pups will be spared the dysplasia and other inbred illnesses, but he's still young and hasn't suitably impressed her yet. Quicker than a chipmunk, and a right pouncy tigger too, though a real slobber dog. He's just like my brother's Rottweiler, always at the water bowl recharging the slobber glands. You see, according to slobber dogs, everyone needs more slobber. Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun...

<slobber>

(Don't worry, he drinks holy water.)

• 9 months later...

I had drive down to our old family vet and take her in for pyometra surgery yesterday. She's doing fine and resting at home now, but any prayers for a swift and uncomplicated recovery are welcome. I was a bit concerned about her separation anxiety issues but she handled it pretty well. Thankfully she doesn't seem upset about taking rides, although she's determined not to leave my side again. She said every time she stays with someone else bad things happen.

This is a picture of us leaving the wiggle dog behind on Monday...

far%2Bside.jpg

sending you and ms. four paws love and light my friend, let her heal quickly and well ..

it stinks when they have to go through this, because they can't "tell us" if they're okay :( (or need anything)

but dogs are amazing healers - themselves and us

(she's lovely, reminds me of my old girl)