Guest Veterinarian

I'm glad to see there's been some interest here! Our veterinarian that takes care of our brood is writing up a short topical article on some basic in-home care tips for your dogs and cats that I look forward to posting.

She's given the assignment to one of her trusted technicians and should be forth coming soon, very soon! Jolene said she's typing away on it and should have it by early next week depending on how busy the office is!

Anyway, just an FYI for something else to look forward to!

Blessings of Peace,

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I called the veterinarian's office yesterday to see what the progress was on the "promised article" from our veterinarian for the "Pet Corner". Bad news and great news! :unsure:

It seems Dr. B has volunteered to go to Japan with two of the technicians from the Animal Clinic for animal relief efforts that have been ongoing since the March 11 quake. Jolene told me that "several dozens vets from around the world have organized relief efforts and many have been there since the quake", over 3 months now. Thanks to these dedicated professionals many, many animals have been given appropriate care and hundreds have been reunited with their owners. Many sadly, did not have such good luck. Even more sad is the hundreds of pets that were also killed during the catastrophe.

Jolene has said she'd keep me appraised of the situation and "promised" me the article soon after Dr. B's return, sometime in mid-July. In the meantime, anyone wishing to help the animal relief effort is encouraged to contact the following:

japanearthquakeanimalrelief.chipin.com/japan-earthquake-animal-rescue-and-support

jears.org

www.zoenature.org/2011/03/​japan-earthquake-animal-rescue-2

https://​www.theanimalrescuesite.com/store/item.do?itemId=44084&​siteId=310

(You may need to c/p links)

Blessings of Peace,

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I gently asked the vet last Friday (helping a neighbor take their pet) if anything was to come of the article promised a year and half ago. She was rather dismissive and said she wouldn't be able to contribute any more than "dozens of pet care sites already posting such information".

Ok, I'm glad she finally answered that question, but rather disappointing that it wasn't more of a thought to her.

True enough on both responses Salem and Songster.

I guess my disappointment comes from her "promising" and I thought we had a better person to person relationship. It also came from her saying "most pet sites are "**" and don't give good info" so I was hoping she'd throw out some 'better tips' than what was there.

She's also decided I can't volunteer at her clinic because of "insurance concerns". The standard volunteer application has a waiver in the language and I still have a copy of the one written up when I volunteered in Willow Creek years ago...a four page manifesto as much as waiver! She is really a very good vet and genuinely cares for her 'patients' so I'll keep going there, but if I could work off some of the fees and charges, well, I'd be far more inclined to be more regular with the routine stuff that I have great difficulty affording.

I'm beginning to think it has far more to do with me being here at ULC. She attends the United Methodist here in town and that church is one I speak of often that "hates" ULC. I gave her the web address for here so she could see for herself where her words of wisdom would go. Ever since her return from Japan and our couple of meets, there's been a strained, almost unfriendly, relationship though she hasn't come right out and said why.

Oh well, life goes on!!

Blessings of Peace,

that stinks viking, but thanks so much for all your effort :)

I'm a huge fan of bartering for goods and services, it would be so nice if you could volunteer in trade for some of your pets care, especially in these rough times.. would you consider putting it out there to other vet hospitals in your area and maybe changing to someone a little (ulc) friendly :)?

I worked some at hours at a large tile studio in exchange for a gorgeous custom tile foyer for my house back east. I really wanted it, but just had better things to do with two thousand dollars .. also to use the clay, glazes, workspace and kilns and make my own, and let me tell you, i had a field day.. I always traded dog sitting, it saved me hundreds of dollars over the years. I'm trading dog sitting with my new friend the acupuncturist here..

Let's see if we can rally a little more interest here in our fuzzy,fluffy place here on the forum - I've noticed a few new four legged friendly members .. (ahem) that means you!

tell us some dog stories (or cat, rat, bat, horse, llama - not alpacas, the two legged kind - fish, fowl, parrot, marmoset, you get the idea :)