Thoughts On The Visitation Of Grace

Bro. Hex

Experiences are experiences.

Is it so, that Grace is a benediction to those who are empty?

When the most beautiful spiritual experiences come,

they come without being the result of a personal effort,

but more from leaving the windows & doors open

to the house in which the spirit lives...

Yes. Grace is basically the bestowing of unmerited favor.

Each time I was aware of God's grace, it was not because I made promises or vows, or even did anything, other than open my hands (heart) to receive it.

I like the way you put that Hex.

No fair - how am I to sully such beautiful words with questions - or alternate perceptions of awareness? You do not play fair, Hex....

( yes, that question was rhetorical...)

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Do your spirits really need a house?

I used the term "house" because that was the metaphor in the original post (as you well know). To me everything has a spirit - from me and you to the rock you just kicked down the path. This includes spirits that are not "attached" to an object or living thing. However, not all those spirits are loving little entities. Therefore, you can leave the doors and windows open to your house, but unless you are watchful, one of those non-loving spirits may take advantage of your situation and make an entrance to where you do not want. You or someone else may refer to this as a "possession" but that is not how I view it. All residential metaphors aside, I'm not sure if I can explain it better for your understanding. Sorry, if I seem to have taken your question as a pointing accusation.

I used the term "house" because that was the metaphor in the original post (as you well know). To me everything has a spirit - from me and you to the rock you just kicked down the path. This includes spirits that are not "attached" to an object or living thing. However, not all those spirits are loving little entities. Therefore, you can leave the doors and windows open to your house, but unless you are watchful, one of those non-loving spirits may take advantage of your situation and make an entrance to where you do not want. You or someone else may refer to this as a "possession" but that is not how I view it. All residential metaphors aside, I'm not sure if I can explain it better for your understanding. Sorry, if I seem to have taken your question as a pointing accusation.

I see where you are coming from.

To me it is not about opening doors and windows but about removing the stumbling blocks, what or who prevents us from seeing the spiritual, what or who gives us the delusion the material is key? Who made the material?

Edited by hyperreal

If we can humbly accept Grace, from "G_d", "Odhinn", or "(Insert preference here)" we have then acknowledged far more than simple 'forgiveness', rather Life, Mind and Soul(Spirit) changing attributes from a higher Power/Being. It would behoove each of us to accept it with all due love and respect for that which we hold dear, our Spirituality.

This simple, but emotionally powerful, act can take many forms from overwhelming change in our lives to Spiritual Cleansing to acceptance of others just as they are. Grace it seems can be from the subliminal to obtuse, abstract to 'in our face' powerful.

Just how, where, when and why it connects to the "who's" in our lives is as individual as we each are.

Bottom line though Hexalpa, is I'm in total agreement with those above; you posted a beautiful message of Hope above all else, IMHO.

Blessings of Peace,

Now looks whos dropping gems of wisdom around for all to enjoy!

Great post Hex.

Now looks whos dropping gems of wisdom around for all to enjoy!

Great post Hex.

Thanks Frank,

I wish I could claim authorship, but the "gem" is "borrowed"

I just recognized the brilliance... and passed it on.

• Amulet locked this topic