God being common.... whether it be God v.1 - 2- or 3. The very reason you gave Him versions......

they are rivers springing from the same spring...

blades of grass from the same plant...

fingers on the same hand.........

shall i go on.... :jest:

( don't make me wax poetic..... :P )

Indeed, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have the same God.

However you seemed to have trouble with that statement about two weeks ago, I wonder why as it appears to me you are saying exactly the same?

and you have yet to explain how you think this is true - beyond " It's what I believe" - irregardless of the fact you are being insulting to certain members of the forum... Were you to explain the line of thought, we could, at least, understand why you feel the need to be so insulting...

http://forum.ulc.net...post__p__684271

Edited by hyperreal

Indeed, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have the same God.

However you seemed to have trouble with that statement about two weeks ago, I wonder why as it appears to me you are saying exactly the same?

http://forum.ulc.net...post__p__684271

I was specifically interested in your continued use of the name Yahweh, to further your particular view of the Judaic and Christian Cosmology.... I still do not really understand how it all comes together for you - it is understanding of your view I was, and am looking for... I am not arguing actuality, in regards to you - This was meant to spell out the very real HISTORIC side of the religions in question, to point out that Christianity is not some instantly appearing phenomena, but the product of a very long and continually evolving Jewish understanding... and which very clearly defines what they understand of this god- without limiting further understandings...

You are putting an entirely new spin on things with the name you choose to use... and I just wanted to know how it all makes sense to you...

I try to be careful with the Names others use in their religions.... people get offended...

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

You are putting an entirely new spin on things with the name you choose to use... and I just wanted to know how it all makes sense to you...

I try to be careful with the Names others use in their religions.... people get offended...

We can argue about the romanization of the name Yahweh but it is mentioned in the OT, so I fail to see how using the name Yahweh could be offensive to anyone.

I am not a Jew so I certainly do not feel obliged to refrain from speaking his name or even spell God as G-d. Why some Christians would think it would be offensive to a Jew when a gentile speaks the name Yahweh or even spels God as G-d is completely beyond me. I tell you I think most would not care for a bit what gentiles think of the bible or Yahweh.

In Judaism, and let me keep it nice here, a gentile has simply nothing to do with Yahweh as the covenant between Yahweh is only between him and the Jews. Judaism, unlike Christianity, is not out to find new people to become Jews and I think many Jews find all this Christian mimicking simply irritating.

Frankly I never understood it, this 'wannabee Jew' behavior. What on earth has a gentile to do with the Torah? It records the history of the Jewish people! Almosts all peoples in the world have their own chronicles, why not stick to one's own? The Greek had them, the Romans, admittedly strongly influenced by the Greek, had them, the northern people had them. But no they want to take the Jewish chronicles and read it in such a twisted way to make it theirs as well. What gives?

Edited by hyperreal

We can argue about the romanization of the name Yahweh but it is mentioned in the OT, so I fail to see how using the name Yahweh could be offensive to anyone.

I am not a Jew so I certainly do not feel obliged to refrain from speaking his name or even spell God as G-d. Why some Christians would think it would be offensive to a Jew when a gentile speaks the name Yahweh or even spels God as G-d is completely beyond me. I tell you I think most would not care for a bit what gentiles think of the bible or Yahweh.

In Judaism, and let me keep it nice here, a gentile has simply nothing to do with Yahweh as the covenant between Yahweh is only between him and the Jews. Judaism, unlike Christianity, is not out to find new people to become Jews and I think many Jews find all this Christian mimicking simply irritating.

Frankly I never understood it, this 'wannabee Jew' behavior. What on earth has a gentile to do with the Torah? It records the history of the Jewish people! Almosts all peoples in the world have their own chronicles, why not stick to one's own? The Greek had them, the Romans, admittedly strongly influenced by the Greek, had them, the northern people had them. But no they want to take the Jewish chronicles and read it in such a twisted way to make it theirs as well. What gives?

Frequently I find, when one has a pet idea they WANT to believe, they will overlook much to uphold it...

Did you miss the dozen or so references to the fact that the "record of Jewish History" is also, and just as importantly, an HISTORICAL record of the interaction between the Jewish people and their God...

When you wish to brandish the names of someone's else's religion - it behooves one to be aware of what the words they are spouting mean.....

You are taking opinion into the realm of an attack.... with zero provable foundation - towards a religion which is convinced it has proof ( The Historical Record of God's interaction with man ) of Who their God is. A religion which doesn't even approve of the name being written - and you do not understand how this could be offensive?

Yes, a misunderstanding can still be an insult - but the onus is on the one putting forth the idea to show some sort of basis for their claims. Otherwise there is no other recourse but to see such behavior as insulting - if only through ignorance...

I am thoroughly convinced - you simply desire to be sensational in your claims... there is no substance to the idea, and I will not let it take up further of my time...

I tried - feel free to continue the tirade...

Why not simply address your issues - you dislike Jews.

Is that the problem? God, the Unity behind existence, is beyond all duality -- including good and evil. Consequently, God is neither good nor evil. IMO.

Define good? If all righteousness resides in God, then how is God not good?

Define good? If all righteousness resides in God, then how is God not good?

That is a very big if -- and I made no such claim. Quite the contrary. Good and Evil are dualities. The Unity behind all things must be beyond all dualities; including good and evil. I conclude that God is not good Or evil.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
  • Amulet locked this topic