Sorta Stunned

The best friends of very good friends of mine were in a fatal car accident the day before yesterday. The father and younger son (10) were killed and the mother and older son (12) are both in critical condition with burns and internal injuries.

I/we (my family) didn't know them real well, however We saw them at all the parties the mutual friend had, my daughter babysat for them once or twice.. and my sons played with their sons at the mentioned parties... etc..

We are all sorta stunned. How crazy it can be... I know no one here knows them... but if you could send some prayers anyway... I would be appreciative. To my mutual friend also as they were all best friends.. Thanks :(

Our sincerest prayers and condolences to you and especially those affected directly. Such tragic events are never easy to "know what to do". Kay and I both will send prayers and meditations their way...and of course yours as well Sister Sky.

Blessings of Healing and Sympathies,

"RevAl" and Kay - CUH

Atwater, CA

It's very weird because I don't feel I knew them well enough to "cry" however, they were such a happy family and it's hard not to.. The accident was horrific, the car burst into flames.. Dad and youngest died at the scene and the mom and eldest son are both in critical in two different hospitals in two different states...Not even in the state they live in.. (it was near the four corners area of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico.) Mom and son have massive burns (over 60%)

I also hurt for our mutual friends... the families were tight.. the mutual family has 3 kids that played together ALL the time. Just having a hard time processing this..

Oh, and sorry I forgot to say Thank you Rev Al.

Edited by Sky

It's very weird because I don't feel I knew them well enough to "cry" however, they were such a happy family and it's hard not to.. The accident was horrific, the car burst into flames.. Dad and youngest died at the scene and the mom and eldest son are both in critical in two different hospitals in two different states...Not even in the state they live in.. (it was near the four corners area of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico.) Mom and son have massive burns (over 60%)

I also hurt for our mutual friends... the families were tight.. the mutual family has 3 kids that played together ALL the time. Just having a hard time processing this..

Oh, and sorry I forgot to say Thank you Rev Al.

you'll have my prayers - and the family will as well...

Sending warm loving energy to all involved.

I watched a nature show the other day where a baby fawn was just born and stood on it legs a few moments later only to be eaten by a lion. Makes one wonder about life and purpose.

it's really hard to not be affected by horrendous events - and when your dearest friends are involved? well, we hurt when they hurt, surely

I am so sorry for your loss and wish you strength and courage as you stand beside your friend; and I wish them love and light as they try to move on through the pain

Sky,

I understand your quandary of acquaintances, but for those that were/are close to this family, one thing that can really make an impact is to create a "Loving Remembrances" scrap book. We've done this a couple of times for people that we only "sort of knew", and twice for closer friends, (Dollar store, binder, sleeves, paper etc a LOT for under $10)- with a cover letter on first page: "As this goes around, please add your favorite story, pictures or what have you....etc." Your words...

As that scrap book goes around from friend to friend it brings Life to the deceased and fond memories for the surviving family. Six months to a year down the road, depending on the surviving hubby and child's mood, (a close friend should pick the time) give them the book. We still get very warm "thank yous" and letters, cards etc. from one family we did this for 8 years ago. The children of these "acquaintances" are grown now and the eldest daughter, 24, hangs on to that scrap book like it was gold....which it is, to them.

If you think that "not" being the closest friend you would feel like you were imposing..?....remember that those closest to this family are grieving and not of the mindset to think of such things, right now. Of the four books we've started, and several other people we've heard about passing this idea around, not once have I heard about negative feedback.

Just a thought!

Blessings of Peace,

(The web-site I saw the idea on had hundreds of positive testimonials...it was actually a funeral home...of which I now have no idea and have new computer since, otherwise I'd send link)

I understand your quandary of acquaintances, but for those that were/are close to this family, one thing that can really make an impact is to create a "Loving Remembrances" scrap book. We've done this a couple of times for people that we only "sort of knew", and twice for closer friends, (Dollar store, binder, sleeves, paper etc a LOT for under $10)- with a cover letter on first page: "As this goes around, please add your favorite story, pictures or what have you....etc." Your words...

As that scrap book goes around from friend to friend it brings Life to the deceased and fond memories for the surviving family. Six months to a year down the road, depending on the surviving hubby and child's mood, (a close friend should pick the time) give them the book. We still get very warm "thank yous" and letters, cards etc. from one family we did this for 8 years ago. The children of these "acquaintances" are grown now and the eldest daughter, 24, hangs on to that scrap book like it was gold....which it is, to them.

A great suggestion RevAL.

I too, would like to share my sadness for these friends. I am reminded of the words that I was once told are written on a tombstone in Spain. I heard this over 45 years ago, and it still stays with me.

"When I was born my family and friends gathered about me and smiled... and I cried.

And when I died my family and friends gathered about me and cried... and I smiled!"

Let us hope that death came quickly, and that they are at peace in whatever afterlife there might be. Let us hope that the family members that lived will recover from their hurting.

And it gets worse.... it appears the other driver, the one that crossed the double yellow causing the accident, had previous DUIs... However, Toxicology screens aren't in, so we don't know for sure yet. My heart aches...

• Amulet locked this topic