~ Japan...

~ I believe this is large, really Really REALLY large! & I believe this ought to be here.

Please, let us all weep & pray & hope that all those people are given strength.

We are Ministers.

Though we can't be there to minister to the people in need, please, let us join in universal love & care, OK?

It is with great sadness that we all look at what is happening to our brothers and sisters in Japan. They, as a nation, will come through this, although so many families have been affected and are hurting.

It is all too easy to visualize the horror that perhaps 10,000 or more people faced in their last moments. Let us hope that the end came swiftly and easily for these, as well as those who died a month ago in New Zealand. Let us hope that they have found peace in whatever type of afterlife there might be.

Though we can't be there to minister to the people in need, please, let us join in universal love & care, OK?

I'm with you on that, Qryos.

Personally, I don't believe that prayer does anything, so instead, I donated some money to the relief effort.

Diversity truly makes the world go 'round... we all have different impulses, we need to follow our own... Bravo, Verisoph... :thumbu:

Thanks. If you believe that prayer works, then by all means, pray. Framkly, if that's what you believe, I hope you're right, the people of Japan need all the help they can get right now.

As we think about and pray for the people of Japan, I would like to share something that might give us all pause:

I have,and maintain at my home, an official US Geological Survey seismograph for measuring earthquakes. This instrument sends data to Colorado, where it is analyzed. At my home, at the western edge of the Rocky Mountains, we recorded the shaking from the Japan earthquake, approximately three minutes after it occured. The energy travelled approximately half way around the world in three minutes. It was of course, very slight by the time it reached here. Only the seismograph noticed it. But when I looked at those graphs of ground acceleration, and could recognize the same patterns as seismographs in Japan were recorded, I realized all of us here were, in a way, joined with the people of Japan. We all, in a very small way, experienced the terrible earthquake. The world is a very small place.

http://kamogawa.smugmug.com/Events/Kameda-Medical-Center/16228141_RSzQG#12191126 29_nPXid

With the media sensationalizing the nuclear reactors, little is being said about the displaced people. A friend of mine in Japan who works at this hospital sent this link which I felt should be shared. So many lost so much. Now, so may are doing what they can to help. This is one story. Click on the slideshow option to see all the photos with captions. Peace.

The animals - I have been sending prayers for the pets who are in dire straits. It occurred to me to ask y'all to do the same. The Japanese are very good to their companions, and these pets are like lost children, in the minds of their companions and in their innocence... They need to be thought of as well.

article w/video:

Heroic Dog

Japanese language video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3TM9GL2iLI

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Prayer is good

we've also been sending Reiki

But right now cash is really helpful so a few bux to the red cross is a helpful thing. My business takes a lot of payments through PayPal, and if you have a PayPal account it's very easy to make a small (or large) donation.

Like the old saying "If you have it, please give"

When it comes to disaster relief, The Red Cross rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked this topic