Marriage Certificates

cns

I just had a quick question-

My uncle is becoming ordained through ULC so he can perform our wedding ceremony in Florida.

Basically, I'm confused.

I was just browsing the "ministry packages" he can choose from. The "mini clergy package" says all the bare essentials needed but does not include a marriage certificate, but the package one step up ("basic ministry package") includes a marriage certificate. Does he need to buy the marriage certificate in order to validate our marriage, or do we obtain that when we apply for and receive our marriage license? I guess basically what I'm asking is does HE need to provide the marriage certificate for us, or is the mini clergy package enough for him since he is only planning on doing one marriage ever?

Sorry if this is a confusing and/or silly question, but I am totally clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Thankyou!

• Administrator

I just had a quick question-

My uncle is becoming ordained through ULC so he can perform our wedding ceremony in Florida.

Basically, I'm confused.

I was just browsing the "ministry packages" he can choose from. The "mini clergy package" says all the bare essentials needed but does not include a marriage certificate, but the package one step up ("basic ministry package") includes a marriage certificate. Does he need to buy the marriage certificate in order to validate our marriage, or do we obtain that when we apply for and receive our marriage license? I guess basically what I'm asking is does HE need to provide the marriage certificate for us, or is the mini clergy package enough for him since he is only planning on doing one marriage ever?

Sorry if this is a confusing and/or silly question, but I am totally clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Thankyou!

The answer lies in the states laws. Some states require a marriage certificate and some do not. Often, when a state requires a marriage certificate they also provide one in some form. Often attached to the marriage license.

Read the Florida Statutes (link found in the Legal FAQ) and see if it is addressed there. If not, then Florida is a state that does not require a marriage certificate. However, what couple does NOT want a certificate of marriage?