Prayer For Westboro Baptist Church

Just playing devil's advocate here.

I can appreciate the sentiment but you are singling out a specific group of people based on their beliefs and behavior and condemning them. You are asking god to punish them for who they are.

How is this spreading god's love?

Isn't what you're doing with this the exact same thing as they are with homosexuals?

gay people aren't who they are or what they do for the purpose of causing misery to others,

while that's precisely what these individuals are and are doing.

big diff.

gay people aren't who they are or what they do for the purpose of causing misery to others,

while that's precisely what these individuals are and are doing.

big diff.

Now that I can agree with...natural vs. contrived. When someone is just who/what they are, not unheard of but it is rare, that there is maliciousness behind their actions. I'm sure if you got people from the WBC group individually there wouldn't be the "outcry" that there is as a whole, incited by one or two.

Blessings of Peace,

Thanks, Fawzo. LOL over 9000 sins!

Yea the wole conversation was funny to me, I would have loved to had been the moderator.

I once had a fellow Pentecostal member come over and lay her hand on my shoulder and tell me she saw 99 demons come out of me. A few days later I saw her again and said "Rita someone knocked on my door today and you'll never guess who it was" she responded seriously "Who was it Frank" I then told her " It was the Demon of Lust and I asked him whered he'd been the last few days and that I missed him and to come on in!" lol

One thing I do find a bit scarey is that those people don't seem as downright ignorant and uneducated as one would expect. Fred Phelps did get admitted to West Point and earned a law degree before he got disbarred.

Father in Heaven, You have done some awesome judgments in the past and I would like to ask for a favor. The Westboro Baptist Church people have been spreading hate messages and doing it in Your Name. Our Supreme Court says it is okay to do that under the first amendment but I believe Your commandment to Love one another supersedes that. I ask that You make it rain or hail on those people - JUST THOSE PEOPLE - when they are out demonstrating at soldier's funerals, and set their hateful signs on fire by spontaneous combustion! Maybe even cause their buses and cars to break down so they never make it there. Expose their hypocrisy. Deal with them, Lord, that they realize they are so wrong. Please. I ask in the Name of Your Son, Yeshua, Who taught us to Love and showed us that You are Love. Amen.

A good Judgement,

I wish they would turn 'ultra screaming gay for a week'

A good Judgement,

I wish they would turn 'ultra screaming gay for a week'

Pegs maybe they are so extroverted on the subject because they are fighting those very urges inside of themselves like we have seen here from some of our own.

I will not pray for them, nor perform rituals of any kind for them. To do so would be associating/connecting my spirit with theirs and I wish to maintain a very healthy distance from that type of hatred. They have made their choices and must live with them. If they wish to be reviled by the rest of the population for their beliefs, then they have that sad choice. I will continue to see them as an excellent example of how not to live my life.

Someday someone will snap because of them, and commit an act of violence that will cause what they are doing to be considered very much like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

When people are physically hurt as a consequence of their speech the court may view it differently. They just have not hurt the right grieving person yet, but they eventually will.

In the meantime they should be shunned.

Edited by panpareil

• Amulet locked this topic