Academic Degrees

F. Bayer

I recently looked at the ULC Seminary and found quite a few courses that weren't listed in the store here. Assuming that he store contains all degrees created by the Universal Life Church per se, I was wondering how the degrees at the Seminary are valid/legal: Did they register the courses and degrees one by one with headquarters or is it possible for congregations to create courses and degrees themselves, which are then automatically accredited by the ULC?

I recently looked at the ULC Seminary and found quite a few courses that weren't listed in the store here. Assuming that he store contains all degrees created by the Universal Life Church per se, I was wondering how the degrees at the Seminary are valid/legal: Did they register the courses and degrees one by one with headquarters or is it possible for congregations to create courses and degrees themselves, which are then automatically accredited by the ULC?

err, not all ULC is ULC, if you can understand that.

and any ULC church can teach what courses it wants too.

Isn't the ULC affiliated with the ULC? It didnt look like it belonged to the monastery.

Yes, the ULC (Seminary) IS affiliated with the ULC HQ in Modesto.

If the Seminary is listing certain courses that are not also showing up here,

that "probably" just indicates that we need to update the store on this website

to reflect ALL of the Seminary's current offerings.

as was stated,the seminary is affilated with the ulc hq in modesto.

that said,the courses offered there are offered thru that site,and hq knows about them.in the same respect,the courses offered here are not listed with seminary,but hq ok's them.

at this point"credit"for a course from hq cannot be applied to seminary and vice versa.in answer to your question(and dorian can answer this better)the degrees at seminary are recognized in california,the information for it available here: Click here to see the Seminary Listed on the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education website :thum:

sorry,not able to make the above a link,but thatis where the information is.

Edited by mark 45