How Is Brother Michael Sky Doing?

I've noticed the lack of our good friend Brother Michael Sky in the forum lately. Last I heard personally from him he was having difficulty with his internet connection (due to weather) as well as being sick with a terrible bug. I also know he suffers, on occasion from terrible physical pain and frequently "takes a break" from things.

I haven't seen a post, topic or comment from our Brother in quite sometime which has me a bit concerned as even e-mails go unanswered. I was just hoping that perhaps someone here might know how he was doing...or am I the only one that notices when regulars disappear?

I offer up to a friend in need,

A Prayer of Healing,

The thought of an energy feed,

Sought out upright or kneeling.

I offer up, to the Cosmos connection,

A Prayer of Healing,

Through a varied conviction,

Good wishes, most appealing.

I pray that you are doing well,

I ask that God be thy guide,

Protect you from thy personal quell,

I ask that God be by thy side.

From the expanses of the Universe,

To the inner questing mind,

Take healing from this little verse,

Our healing energies go to you in kind.

Blessings of Healing and Grace,

May you soon be well,

We need your smiling face,

Shown here at starting Bell.

May you get better quick,

May you soon be able,

May a poet get here lickety-split!

May this prayer not become a fable.

But all joking and humor aside,

'Tis my hope for a speedy recovery,

'Cause ULC is where you best reside,

Not seeing you around, is in no way Loverly!

(at all!)

Many Blessings to you my Friend and may you quickly return to nermal! I sincerely hope that you are on the mend and back with us shortly!

Blessings of Healing and Peace buddy!

I've also noticed that Silver Rose, nestingwave, Qyros and a few others haven't been around for awhile either ...anyone else wish to list people they know and are in regular contact with that haven't been here for awhile?

It's just so curious to me when people "disappear" without a note such as "On vacation", "need a break" or "?" what-have-you. Guess few people feel the need anymore, either that or they don't realize how people worry...sorta like family...when no contact for some time.

I guess all anyone can do is hope for the best and be relieved when they come back around!

Blessings of Peace, to ALL, here in the Now or not!

My concern about brother Sky has grown since you last posted, Rev Al. I too have not received an answer to my PM to him nor has he responded to our posts here. Has anyone heard from him? I do hope he is well and just taking a breather.

I know that at times I shrink back from posting for a while, and think all of us "regulars" should at the least pop a quick comment on the sidebar here that we are still around lest we cause some members undo worry. I do know that Fawzo is locked in chess games right now and will return more often once he is mated (har-de-har), but I do hope we hear from some of the other members you have mentioned, Rev Al. Peace.

I did get an answer from Brother Michael Sky in PM...he is very sick and has temporarily lost his internet connection. He did say hello to all and that he'll "be back" soon.

I think this does bring up a good question about our little family here. We all go on like no tomorrow, but then we "suddenly" notice that someone, mostly speaking of regular posters, is "missing in action" after they haven't posted for a couple of weeks.

Yes, many times this is just taking a break, weather, not feeling well etc.....but what if something serious happened...would any of us ever know?

Well, I've had a few thoughts on that subject... :unsure: ..(oh no, heeeeere he goes!)....:wacko:

What if:

We could "sign up" with ULC forums (Murph or ?) to have our home address, phone and of course e-mail addy's posted on an admin. sheet that would give us a jingle by phone or snail-mail (our preferences) if we hadn't posted in say 15, 30 or 45 days (multiple choice type questionnaire)

OR

A trusted "friend" here on ULC that we can forward our contact info to with similar instructions for "how long" and "when" to post a "Gone fishin'" post for us in the event of accident or?

OR

Make sure that a wife/hubby/sig other has access to our e-mail acct's and sign in for ULC (Kay has all my info in her notebook and would post if something bad happened beyond normal illness or ?)

I spent quite a bit of time the other day looking at profiles and found several of my "ULC Member friends" haven't posted in a long time. I came up with nearly 20 names that are "hit and miss'ers" on postings.

And in closing, the biggest reason I was "worried" about our Brother Sky was we were in the middle of exchanging e-mails, several times a week, and then poof! Gone, no answers for days, then a couple weeks and now almost a month until yesterday. I probably wouldn't have been so worried had I known in advance and we never thought to ask each other for private info, but I will now when he's back around.

I realize internet friendships are something we should all be "careful about", but when you've gotten to "know someone" via the ULC forum, private e-mails etc for months or years, probably a fairly "safe bet". On one of my other forums I found out a "friend" of 3 years had passed, 8 months after disappearing, when her daughter was cleaning out her computer and "mailbox" and found a saved draft e-mail to me and finished it and sent it with the news...a tough way to "find out" about someone you know. Kay and I are friends with a person she met online in 1994 and he's been a real charmer to be acquainted with ever since. When he takes an internet break, he always sends a "Do not disturb, the Bear is hibernating" e-mail and then poof, one day he's back.

Blessings of Peace,

I missed this thread last night when I found my way back here....

I apologize for any worry I may have caused.

I have indeed been ill, and I have had problems maintaining an internet connection. I'm in the country, so there is not the option of driving to the local library or community college ( too many folks using too few connections )...

I have been concentrating on getting well and building my strength back up...

Because I always thoroughly intended to be back here annoying folks as soon as possible....

I sincerely apologize if my sudden absence is construed as rudeness - but be assured I have missed the friends I have found here. I value the people I have come to know here, and though I feel a close connection at all times - I realize this may not be true for all...

Thank You for your concern, my friends. I am well enough, and My finances are straightening themselves back out... I should be able to return with regularity soon...

and folks..... I'm listed in the Directory... y'all who know me, may search by location....

edit: that could be the answer Al.... I do not get an inordinate number of prank calls - and sometimes folks call for a pep talk... LOL.. it hasn't been a problem to be listed...

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

• Administrator

We could "sign up" with ULC forums (Murph or ?) to have our home address, phone and of course e-mail addy's posted on an admin. sheet that would give us a jingle by phone or snail-mail (our preferences) if we hadn't posted in say 15, 30 or 45 days (multiple choice type questionnaire)

like, the ULC Minister Directory?

http://ulc.net/index.php?page=minister_directory

:D

Why you devils! Ha! Put something up so simple! I only looked at our profile pages when searching for info, I didn't see a link (doesn't mean it wasn't there) to http://ulc.net/index...ister_directory so I didn't even thunk of that one!

You guys should be PI's...or do I need to pay more attention? :doh:

Blessings of Peace,

...and thanks, now I have my listing done correctly!....finally!

Why you devils! Ha! Put something up so simple! I only looked at our profile pages when searching for info, I didn't see a link (doesn't mean it wasn't there) to http://ulc.net/index...ister_directory so I didn't even thunk of that one!

You guys should be PI's...or do I need to pay more attention? :doh:

Blessings of Peace,

...and thanks, now I have my listing done correctly!....finally!

begin enjoying warm fuzzy feeling in: 5, 4, 3 , 2 ,1....... Tah Daaaaaaah......

then I suppose I'd better go approve it!

anndddd done.

I deleted the duplicate one :)

begin enjoying warm fuzzy feeling in: 5, 4, 3 , 2 ,1....... Tah Daaaaaaah......

Thank you both very much...now to go get dummy hat out of lock up and long, slow walk of shame around office!

• Amulet locked this topic