A Light Unto The World

I agree, but I have had days when everything seemed to go wrong, and I was on the receiving end of alot of negative energy. At a time like that, being treated with consideration by one passing stranger can make all the difference in the quality of the over all day. I consider that healing energy. It won't cure cancer, but it made the day better.

This is one of the things Dr. Pearl mentions in his book "Reconnection" that I told you about. Too many people see the "wonders of healing" as some big fireworks display or absolutely fabulous and miraculous thing. In reality you are 100% correct in that a passing stranger heals with but a kind word or gesture. No big display of "Wow", no thundering clouds, no magical fairy dust explosion and so on...just a word in passing and "POOF!" you are "healed". If I remember correctly there is a chapter on this in the book, or at least a big part of one chapter.

We humans, in general, seem to need big and wondrous results to prove things to us, something a person such as my brother "reports" quite frequently. Myself, Kay and others who are well familiar with and versed in these experiences know it to be quite different. I would say 99% of the time there is NO visible sign of anything, but a definite change in the person afterward.

Hollywood especially has put this thinking in our minds that every little event is some big special effects wizardry, :wizard: when the reality of Spiritual Works rarely even create a puff of smoke or other "miraculous" image. When Kay and I do our energy works there is usually nothing, zip, zero, nada that would suggest we were "on the mark" or doing some good. Every once in awhile we will observe an ever so slight "wiggle" in the air (like heat off a road) and in one case a very dim little sprinkle of "glitter-like" around the person's afflicted area...other than that...nothing like what we see in movies or often read about.

Now we have seen things like wispy, ribbon-like trails of "energy" in white, blue, red and green but mostly if anything, it's like the "heat wave" type visualizations...very faint and almost completely "Un-" anything. We once, at our peak of energy works, played with a red wisp of energy for about 10-15 minutes while laying in bed, relaxing before our meditations and off to sleep. Another time we got a very definite white "smoke like" energy trail to go between our outstretched hands for at least a good couple of minutes. That one was one of our most visible experiences. When we lived on the beach, on Maui at the "Reef"..was probably our MOST connected and strongest we have ever been prior to or since. An amazing year and a half of incredible energy works.

This to me is one of the biggest tell-tale signs of truth vs. fantasy or fairy tale when others describe some events in their lives. When it gets just a bit too fantastic to believe...it usually is just that...fantasy or a very acute imagination. I also believe this to be what held me back for many years. Because I wasn't seeing things like in movies or on TV I thought nothing was happening, but then a new truth entered my thinking shortly after seeing and playing with the energy balls of light outside my upstairs bedroom window I wrote about in another thread. Reality set in and my imagined results waned.

I got what you said and meant! :)

Blessings of Peace,

Edited by RevAl

I fell off the face of the forums several years ago, and stumbled across this thread tonight as I'm trying to reacquaint myself. I hope it's not too much of a goofy meta-commentary to say that the progression of this thread made me giggle.

Post Number One: "I have had an amazing spiritual experience! Perhaps others will not agree, but I think this is an amazing truth!"

Post Number Two: "Bah humbug!"

Ha!

In keeping with the actual content of the discussion: I'd say that spirituality or personal religion is inherently aspirational -- that's a significant part of what religion is trying to see or accomplish or foster. And if your understanding of the universe includes God or the Great Spirit or the Big Whomever, that's a fundamental acknowledgement that you, the aspirant, are part of the Greater Something. Maybe you as an individual can't "heal every heart" (and maybe it's even vanity or folly to think you can, like a spiritual Batman), but you can do your part toward the Universe's overall efforts, and cast your vote that healing all hearts is a worthwhile goal.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot relate. While I try very, Very, VERY hard to smile at everyone, I have no desire to love everybody. To me it would be fake. We have evolved an entire array of emotions and the ability to discern, and I think we should follow those instincts and exercise them all. In doing so, there are people I genuinely dislike. And to use your word, I feel "cleaner" when I admit the truth to myself.

I must say, I do agree with you. It is within us all to decide what is good and what is bad. We can not love everyone because there are just some people that are down right evil.

I also think that before any healing can go out to anyone, a person must heal themselves. This can be a process of months, years, decades...everyone has their own bucket of slop to sift through and pick out the chunks worth "Saving".

Let's begin with a very simple concept: you can't "save them", change their mind or correct their behavior.

That person has to heal their Self.

No minister, friend or any other person on the face of the earth can possibly be "the reason for" that individual's progress towards "healing". All anyone else can do is present options, a new or different way for an individual to seek change, but the change itself has to come from within. That is the person I've been working on to heal for going on 35 years. The last 20 have been a bit easier, but even today, there are times when it is a real struggle, but I'd say the progress has been quite incredible. I love my wife dearly, think our cats are humanized and our kids are animals, even talk to neighbors instead of just hating everyone...so there has been significant progress! :unsure: I'm certain my Dear Rev. Irma, I could swap "Hate Humanity" stories with you all day long.

But I understand your apathy towards humanity as it was also my call letters at one time, "Screw 'em" was my only thought towards people in general for all too many years. I, much like is depicted in "Logan's Run", figured at 30 I'd simply be whisked away in some big ball of light and no one would have to worry about me any more...good lord...the 20 something brain!

Even though it was literally on my hands and knees, that night in front of ULC I've written about so many times, that something clicked for my change of mind...."I may be RIGHT in my message, but the delivery is simply WRONG!"

No "god" did this for me, no preacher, minister or priest. No one, including ex wives, past and/or present "friends", family or even "professionals" helped me. I helped ME...which is what everyone must do in the long run. Now, for the past 10+ years I have been able to spread that message of Self Empowerment and Healing. And, like anything, there comes a time when a person has to put down the "instructions", put away the Self Help tapes/books/web-sites and DO IT or live miserably for the rest of their Lives.

I do indeed completely understand your anger "AT" the world and human beings, I still believe there are several billion more on this planet than necessary, but alas, that too is another subject for another day. Thankfully, we have our little "home away from home" here at ULC to help those in whatever level of frustration, burdened heart or Self-help situation they happen to be at/in/from.

Smile today, heal tomorrow, Become Spiritually inclined the next!

Blessings of Peace,

• Amulet locked this topic