A Light Unto The World

I woke up this morning at 5:30 with an amazing rush of euphoric energy, which I believe to be a revelation. I started hearing a phrase repeat itself gently in my head.

I've heard the words before and immediately associated them with the bible but this time, I actually understood their meaning.

With this understanding came more insight about the language of the bible, the meaning behind the words and the relevance to the period of time when the scriptures were written.

The phrase that played in my head was

"Be a light unto the world."

I don't know the bible word for word, so I went online to look up the phrase. I found a lot of scripture referencing the light of love, the light of truth, God's light and the light of Jesus but not the actual sentence

"Be a light unto the world"

The many links I followed, however, led me to a site that posted spiritual quotes and it was within a quote by Neal Donald Walsch that I found the phrase:

Neale Donald Walsch in Conversations With God, Book 2 Wrote:

Neale: "How can I begin to be a part of the new consciousness?"

Neale channelling "God," hereforth to be referred to simply as "God": "Be a light unto the world, and hurt it not. Seek to build, not to destroy. Bring my people home."

Neale: "How?"

God: "By your shining example. Seek only Godliness. Speak only in truthfulness. Act only in love. Live the law of love now and forevermore. Give everything. Require nothing. Avoid the mundane. Do not accept the unacceptable.

Teach all who seek to learn of Me. Make every moment of your life an outpouring of love. Use every moment to think the highest thought, say the highest word, do the highest deed.

In this, glorify your holy self and thus too glorify Me. Bring peace to the Earth by bringing peace to all those whose lives you touch.

Be peace. Feel and express in every moment your divine connection with the All, and with every person place and thing. Embrace every circumstance. Own every fault. Share every joy. Contemplate every mystery. Walk in every man's shoes.

Forgive every offense including your own. Heal every heart. Honor every person's truth. Adore every person's God. Protect every person's rights. Preserve every person's dignity. Promote every person's interests.

Provide every person's needs. Presume every person's holiness. Present every person's greatest gifts. Produce every person's blessing. And pronounce every person's future, secure in the assured love of God.

Be a living, breathing example of the highest truth that resides within you.

Speak humbly of yourself lest someone mistake your highest truth for a boast. Speak softly, lest something think you are merely calling for attention. Speak gently, that all might know of love. Speak openly, lest anyone think you have something to hide. Speak candidly so you cannot be mistaken.

Speak often, so that your word may truly go forth. Speak respectfully that no one be dishonored. Speak lovingly that every syllable may heal. Speak of Me with every utterance. Make of your life a gift.

Remember always you are the gift. Be a gift to everyone who enters your life, and to everyone who's life you enter. Be careful not to enter another's life if you cannot be a gift. You can always be a gift because you always are the gift. Yet something you don't let yourself know that. When someone enters your life unexpectedly, look for the gift that person has come to receive from you."

I anticipate that this post will draw alot of flack from some here, but for those who have borne witness to similiar illuminating experiences, I wanted to share mine.

We can hear something any number of times, but the understanding that comes with enlightenment is a totally different level of comprehension that impacts our energy feild in a profound and uplifting way, bringing it a surge of renewed positive energy.

I feel I have been "touched by God", as we all are when that quiet voice speaks, and we understand the message we are being given.

Edited by reverend irma

I woke up this morning at 5:30 with an amazing rush of euphoric energy, which I believe to be a revelation. I started hearing a phrase repeat itself gently in my head.

I've heard the words before and immediately associated them with the bible but this time, I actually understood their meaning.

With this understanding came more insight about the language of the bible, the meaning behind the words and the relevance to the period of time when the scriptures were written.

The phrase that played in my head was

"Be a light unto the world."

I don't know the bible word for word, so I went online to look up the phrase. I found a lot of scripture referencing the light of love, the light of truth, God's light and the light of Jesus but not the actual sentence

"Be a light unto the world"

The many links I followed, however, led me to a site that posted spiritual quotes and it was within a quote by Neal Donald Walsch that I found the phrase:

Neale Donald Walsch in Conversations With God, Book 2 Wrote:

Neale: "How can I begin to be a part of the new consciousness?"

Neale channelling "God," hereforth to be referred to simply as "God": "Be a light unto the world, and hurt it not. Seek to build, not to destroy. Bring my people home."

Neale: "How?"

God: "By your shining example. Seek only Godliness. Speak only in truthfulness. Act only in love. Live the law of love now and forevermore. Give everything. Require nothing. Avoid the mundane. Do not accept the unacceptable.

Teach all who seek to learn of Me. Make every moment of your life an outpouring of love. Use every moment to think the highest thought, say the highest word, do the highest deed.

In this, glorify your holy self and thus too glorify Me. Bring peace to the Earth by bringing peace to all those whose lives you touch.

Be peace. Feel and express in every moment your divine connection with the All, and with every person place and thing. Embrace every circumstance. Own every fault. Share every joy. Contemplate every mystery. Walk in every man's shoes.

Forgive every offense including your own. Heal every heart. Honor every person's truth. Adore every person's God. Protect every person's rights. Preserve every person's dignity. Promote every person's interests.

Provide every person's needs. Presume every person's holiness. Present every person's greatest gifts. Produce every person's blessing. And pronounce every person's future, secure in the assured love of God.

Be a living, breathing example of the highest truth that resides within you.

Speak humbly of yourself lest someone mistake your highest truth for a boast. Speak softly, lest something think you are merely calling for attention. Speak gently, that all might know of love. Speak openly, lest anyone think you have something to hide. Speak candidly so you cannot be mistaken.

Speak often, so that your word may truly go forth. Speak respectfully that no one be dishonored. Speak lovingly that every syllable may heal. Speak of Me with every utterance. Make of your life a gift.

Remember always you are the gift. Be a gift to everyone who enters your life, and to everyone who's life you enter. Be careful not to enter another's life if you cannot be a gift. You can always be a gift because you always are the gift. Yet something you don't let yourself know that. When someone enters your life unexpectedly, look for the gift that person has come to receive from you."

I anticipate that this post will draw alot of flack from some here, but for those who have borne witness to similiar illuminating experiences, I wanted to share mine.

We can hear something any number of times, but the understanding that comes with enlightenment is a totally different level of comprehension that impacts our energy feild in a profound and uplifting way, bringing it a surge of renewed positive energy.

I feel I have been "touched by God", as we all are when that quiet voice speaks, and we understand the message we are being given.

I think we should all endeavor to be a light unto the world. It is a difficult thing to do, sometimes.

And sometimes, people don't want the light. Especially when the light is truth.

I know exactly how you feel and I agree with your words I have quoted, especially the underlined phrase, except I would exchange "energy field" with "spirit," but that is a minor POV on my part. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by RevRainbow

Impossible

which one is impossible or are you saying all are impossible?

Before I embarked on my spiritual journey, I was very cynical. Some of this anger over flows in my posts, which is truly embarrassing, but a good wake up call that I am not paying attention.

Anyway, during my cynical bouts when I am consumed with negative energy, I used to scoff at the idea of "love every body", a phrase my father said often before his illness.

Now, however, I have a different take on "love, everybody."

The spiritual sense of love isn't the gooey, sentimental, wishy washy love, it is a state of being unencumbered by emotional attachment.

When we aspire to "love everybody" from a spiritual perspective, we are merely being accepting, kind and tolerant.

To my cynical mind, this is much easier to handle and much easier to adapt as my own state of being.

Excruciatingly hard sometimes, but worth the agony because the times that I do apply the spiritual philosophy of "love everybody", my energy feild feels cleaner. I don't know if any of you can relate to this, but for me, when I think, speak or act, from my "humanness" which is angry, cynical, and self-serving, I am left feeling that I have corrupted the integrity of my spirit.

This is why I return to this forum in humility and ask forgiveness for my transgressions. I want to clear my energy feild. I do not want the pains, sorrows or the ugliness of hate, or anger to soil me. I also do not want to be responsible for "soiling" any one else's energy feild either, as this would just come back to me. I want to reach the etheral plane where I can become one with the state of lovingness, and when I interact with others, I want to leave this state with them.

Edited by reverend irma

Before I embarked on my spiritual journey, I was very cynical. Some of this anger over flows in my posts, which is truly embarrassing, but a good wake up call that I am not paying attention.

Anyway, during my cynical bouts when I am consumed with negative energy, I used to scoff at the idea of "love every body", a phrase my father said often before his illness.

The spiritual sense of love isn't the gooey, sentimental, wishy washy love, it is a state of being unencumbered by emotional attachment.

When we aspire to "love everybody" from a spiritual perspective, we are merely being accepting, kind and tolerant.

To my cynical mind, this is much easier to handle and much easier to adapt as my own state of being.

Excruciatingly hard sometimes, but worth the agony because the times that I do apply the spiritual philosophy of "love everybody", my energy feild feels cleaner. I don't know if any of you can relate to this, but for me, when I think, speak or act, from my "humanness" which is angry, cynical, and self-serving, I am left feeling that I have corrupted the integrity of my spirit.

This is why I return to this forum in humility and ask forgiveness for my transgressions. I want to clear my energy feild. I do not want the pains, sorrows or the ugliness of hate, or anger to soil me. I also do not want to be responsible for "soiling" any one else's energy feild either, as this would just come back to me. I want to reach the etheral plane where I can become one with the state of lovingness, and when I interact with others, I want to leave this state with them.

I cannot relate. While I try very, Very, VERY hard to smile at everyone, I have no desire to love everybody. To me it would be fake. We have evolved an entire array of emotions and the ability to discern, and I think we should follow those instincts and exercise them all. In doing so, there are people I genuinely dislike. And to use your word, I feel "cleaner" when I admit the truth to myself.

I think that your intent is good, but somewhat over-reaching. I know that you were just quoting the following, but I just doubt that any human could or should endeavor to lay all that pressure on themselves.

"Heal every heart. Honor every person's truth. Adore every person's God. Provide every person's needs. Presume every person's holiness. Produce every person's blessing."

I said "impossible" because I don't believe any person has the ability to heal every heart. How do you honor a truth that's false? If you believe a persons truth is false, and you honor it, your honoring a lie. I believe in one God (monotheism), so adoring every persons God would be idolatry, not to mention hypocritical. How do you provide every persons needs when billionaires can't do that? I believe God is Holy, not people.

I personally don't see anything wrong with anger. Anger which is properly channeled, directed, and controlled can be a productive emotion. God gets angry and Jesus got angry. If nothing ever rattles a person and nothing ever bothers a person, doesn't that person equally accept good and evil? To never object or show any anger over someones wrong-doing, is not the definition of showing love for that person. The absence of anger can be reflective of an absence of principles and values. Show me a person who never gets mad or upset, and I'll show you a person who doesn't care about anything or anyone.

I agree to the extent that people with out-of-control tempers are best handled with straight-jackets and anger management classes. But "anger" itself is a necessary emotion and I think it can be unhealthy to try and suppress it.

Everyone judges, its how we come to determinations, and everyone is intolerant of certain things. If a person is intolerant of nothing, they most likely stand for nothing. Just my opinion of course.

I cannot relate. While I try very, Very, VERY hard to smile at everyone, I have no desire to love everybody. To me it would be fake. We have evolved an entire array of emotions and the ability to discern, and I think we should follow those instincts and exercise them all. In doing so, there are people I genuinely dislike. And to use your word, I feel "cleaner" when I admit the truth to myself.

I have no desire to throw my arms around everyone and take their problems home with me, or to support every decision they make, of financially support them either. I have no desire to listen to their incessant chatter about things that do not concern me or to wait on them hand and foot.

I do, however desire to be gentle, respectful and non-contentious. In other words, to assume a peaceful demeanor and to extend compassion and kindness to all.

In other words, I aspire not to start arguments or fights. Do I stand up when I perceive an injustice? Yes. But, because of my journey, I try to choose my battles carefully. I put my health first, which is affected by my energy feild.

I do not see all contention as a call to battle. Many conversations here turn contentious however, I do not feel that engaging in a heated debate validates my truth. I do not feel clean, nor do I feel my truth is more true merely because I won an argument, or got in the last word. My truth is true for me, and that is enough. It doesn't matter if my truth is true for some one else.

Live and let live. Have I explained my pov well enough?

I also speak the truth. I believe in the truth, and it can make you "clean". However, I believe it takes wisdom to know when to tell someone the truth, and when it is necessary to allow someone to learn a truth for themselves.

Sometimes we cannot learn truth by hearing it. Sometimes we have to experience it. For me, I find when I experience truth, it is a deeper, richer understanding then the surface comprehension that occurs from the auditory experience of hearing truth.

I think that your intent is good, but somewhat over-reaching. I know that you were just quoting the following, but I just doubt that any human could or should endeavor to lay all that pressure on themselves.

"Heal every heart. Honor every person's truth. Adore every person's God. Provide every person's needs. Presume every person's holiness. Produce every person's blessing."

I said "impossible" because I don't believe any person has the ability to heal every heart. How do you honor a truth that's false? If you believe a persons truth is false, and you honor it, your honoring a lie. I believe in one God (monotheism), so adoring every persons God would be idolatry, not to mention hypocritical. How do you provide every persons needs when billionaires can't do that? I believe God is Holy, not people.

I personally don't see anything wrong with anger. Anger which is properly channeled, directed, and controlled can be a productive emotion. God gets angry and Jesus got angry. If nothing ever rattles a person and nothing ever bothers a person, doesn't that person equally accept good and evil? To never object or show any anger over someones wrong-doing, is not the definition of showing love for that person. The absence of anger can be reflective of an absence of principles and values. Show me a person who never gets mad or upset, and I'll show you a person who doesn't care about anything or anyone.

I agree to the extent that people with out-of-control tempers are best handled with straight-jackets and anger management classes. But "anger" itself is a necessary emotion and I think it can be unhealthy to try and suppress it.

Everyone judges, its how we come to determinations, and everyone is intolerant of certain things. If a person is intolerant of nothing, they most likely stand for nothing. Just my opinion of course.

I agree with you in your surmation of the "heal every heart" statement", I don't interpret it literally so much as philosophically. I am not capable of healing you, I can, however, assert myself to be mindful that I do not add injury to your wound.

For instance, you and I are strangers. We know nothing about one another's hearts. You may be happy, or you could be in heartbreak. I don't know and it is not my place to know so the best way I can honor your feelings is to not cause you pain. In my mind it is like that saying, and I am probably misquoting but it goes something like this: smile at everyone, it may be the only smile they see today (?) and my smile may bring comfort. Or perhaps, by saying please and thank you, I have brought comfort into someone's heart and "healed it" just a little.

In allowing another person to live their truth, I am honoring their truth. I don't have to take their truth as mine, I merely have to live and let live.

In allowing another person to believe in their own God, I am honoring that God. It isn't adoring their God as we think of adoring, but it is also not maligning thier beliefs. It is accepting the right to individuality.

When I see the statement "provide every person's need" I understand this as our need to be accepted too. I do not take it literally.

To presume everyone's holiness, in my mind, is to acknowledge that we are equal in our relationships to our God(s). I am no more holy than you are.

Produce every person's blessing is the easiest one for me. My interpretation of this is the same as "heal every heart".

We all share the common need that we want to be loved. Even those who will defy this at the very least want to be recognized. Through the acceptance of others, I feel I recognize everyone, which I feel generates acceptance, which is translated to positive energy which is healing.

When I speak of anger, I speak from my understanding of emotions as energy. It is in our nature to be angry because of our survival instinct.

In a spiritual sense, anger is an intense form of fear that arises when the brain perceives it is under attack.

I do not claim to judge the emotion of anger as wrong or right, rather, I seek to be alert to the potential danger in allowing anger to take control.

I endeavor to understand the source of the fear that generates the anger, as opposed to blindly accepting my brain's opinion that it is under attack.

Caring is very important, but on my journey I need to weigh the importance of the things I care about.

Do I care more for my anger then for my health? If I care more for my anger, then I will seek justice, retribution, or some kind of settlement which ultimately entails engaging in the exchange of negative energy which will impair my health.

If I care more about my health, then I need to look at my anger as fear and understand what it is I am afraid of and why, before I can begin to understand my next move.

The Journey I am on involves the deliberate practice of thought monitoring, which I commit to in order to refine my energy (clear it of negative influences), so I may evolve spiritually.

True, we all do this. Again, it is a human characteristic. But, on my journey I need to be mindful of the weight of my verdicts. Often I find I criticize others for things that I am guilty of myself. This isn't justice, in my mind, for if I cannot ween a particular inclination from my behavior, I have no right to judge another for the same inclination.

In my mind, this makes understanding myself to be of paramount importance. For if I can understand myself, I may be that much closer to understanding you and (hopefully) that understanding will lead to peace.

Yes, ad nauseum.

You might find it interesting to explore the views of others, as well.

I will be 51 in March. For 50 years I have lived allowing my ego and automatic programming to lead me. I haven't cared if I hurt anyone's feelings as long as I spoke my truth. I fought every sacrifice I had to make, I resented and hated my fellow man to the extent that I would want certain members of the species dead.

I think 50 years of living like that is enough.

The goal I have in mind requires a 100% committment on my part. I cannot be a part time spiritualist. I wouldn't want to be. I enjoy the freedom too much.

I understand the ad nauseum and laughed out loud when I read it. I know what it is to cling to our humanness when we perceive that that is all there is.

Because I have experienced the infinity that waits beyond the human experience, I do not value the human experience as highly.

Note I said I do not value THE human experience very highly. There are humans I value, however. (Just didn't want any confusion there.)

Do you need a barf bag?

Yes, ad nauseum.

You might find it interesting to explore the views of others, as well.

I will be 51 in March. For 50 years I have lived allowing my ego and automatic programming to lead me. I haven't cared if I hurt anyone's feelings as long as I spoke my truth. I fought every sacrifice I had to make, I resented and hated my fellow man to the extent that I would want certain members of the species dead.

I think 50 years of living like that is enough.

The goal I have in mind requires a 100% committment on my part. I cannot be a part time spiritualist. I wouldn't want to be. I enjoy the freedom too much.

I understand the ad nauseum and laughed out loud when I read it. I know what it is to cling to our humanness when we perceive that that is all there is.

Because I have experienced the infinity that waits beyond the human experience, I do not value the human experience as highly.

Note I said I do not value THE human experience very highly. There are humans I value, however. (Just didn't want any confusion there.)

Do you need a barf bag?

I see that I was wrong. It is all about Irma.

In allowing another person to live their truth, I am honoring their truth.

& that's the core of the problem. some do not want to hear 'it is right for you,' but insist on hearing 'it is right.'

and mine also.

I agree with you in your surmation of the "heal every heart" statement", I don't interpret it literally so much as philosophically.

In my mind it is like that saying, and I am probably misquoting but it goes something like this: smile at everyone, it may be the only smile they see today (?) and my smile may bring comfort. Or perhaps, by saying please and thank you, I have brought comfort into someone's heart and "healed it" just a little.

In allowing another person to live their truth, I am honoring their truth. I don't have to take their truth as mine, I merely have to live and let live.

In allowing another person to believe in their own God, I am honoring that God. It isn't adoring their God as we think of adoring, but it is also not maligning thier beliefs. It is accepting the right to individuality.

When I see the statement "provide every person's need" I understand this as our need to be accepted too. I do not take it literally.

To presume everyone's holiness, in my mind, is to acknowledge that we are equal in our relationships to our God(s). I am no more holy than you are.

Thanks for the explanation.. It sounds like your just saying; "Be nice to others".. I agree with treating others nice and respecting their right to believe whatever they choose, but I just didn't comprehend how it would be possible to "Heal every heart, Provide every need, & Produce every blessing". That obviously can't be done by offering everyone a Coke and a smile.

I don't think that being nice, polite, and respectful towards others is equivalent to healing or blessing them, but is rather just common courtesy that all civilized people should extend to one another.

You have lost me completely here. I have been speaking about my journey, yes. but, I would be happy to listen as you discuss yours.

Aren't we all on a journey to learn about our selves? This is how I perceive things.

I am learning about me, therefore my journey has to be about me, if it is about someone else then I am forsaking me and making myself invisible. I do not believe we can live healthy, normal lives if we live through another person.

We have to live for ourselves. My journey is all about me. Your journey is all about you. You may want to help others, but still your journey is about you. In the feeling of wanting to help others you have learned you want to help others.

You may fall in love and put that person's needs above your own, but still, this experience is your experience of you in love with this person.

You made a remark that my post made you nauseous. This was your experience of my post.

I didn't make me nauseous, and I didn't make you nauseous, your own perception of my post made you nauseous

You experienced ad nauseum singularily and individually, as your experience. Ad nauseum was all about you, because your life is all about discovering you. Who you are, how you feel, how you think, what you want, etc.

Everytime you express an opinion, that opinion is always about you, otherwise you would say, in so and so's opinion.

Thanks for the explanation.. It sounds like your just saying; "Be nice to others".. I agree with treating others nice and respecting their right to believe whatever they choose, but I just didn't comprehend how it would be possible to "Heal every heart, Provide every need, & Produce every blessing". That obviously can't be done by offering everyone a Coke and a smile.

I don't think that being nice, polite, and respectful towards others is equivalent to healing or blessing them, but is rather just common courtesy that all civilized people should extend to one another.

I agree, but I have had days when everything seemed to go wrong, and I was on the receiving end of alot of negative energy. At a time like that, being treated with consideration by one passing stranger can make all the difference in the quality of the over all day. I consider that healing energy. It won't cure cancer, but it made the day better.

• Amulet locked this topic