A Prayer Request For A Soldier

Bro. Hex

It is easy to turn our backs, to turn off our attention, to not even care... especially when the someone in question has been accused of a serious crime. That someone is an American soldier by the name of Bradley Manning, and whether he did, or didn't do what he is (sort of) accused of doing, he is a human being. He is a very young human being, and he is being held under conditions of such severe stimulus deprivation that he is slowly losing his mind.

No person should be treated like this. Please pray for him.

It is easy to turn our backs, to turn off our attention, to not even care... especially when the someone in question has been accused of a serious crime. That someone is an American soldier by the name of Bradley Manning, and whether he did, or didn't do what he is (sort of) accused of doing, he is a human being. He is a very young human being, and he is being held under conditions of such severe stimulus deprivation that he is slowly losing his mind.

No person should be treated like this. Please pray for him.

He has enough people praying for him, I'll pray for those whose lives he endangered.

He has enough people praying for him, I'll pray for those whose lives he endangered.

You know when I read about the accusations against him I sort of felt the same way you do, but when I remember 'forgive us our trepasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" , then I have to readjust my thinking on the subject.

His lesson is a lonely one, and I will send my prayers to him, so that whatever the outcome and whatever the truth, he takes time to reflect and learn from the whole proceeding such that he is enriched in mind, and it will be a turning point for him to lead a life of greater good.

For the others placed in danger, I send my prayers for they experienced some things done against them which were also life changing and threatening. May they too, find learnings from their experiences to the greater good.

For those who saw and heard, I send prayers, for they will have been changed by the experience of the watching and possibly not intervening. May their learnings also bestow the greater good.

• Amulet locked this topic