Merry Solstice!

Dyn Hysbys

Hi Everyone,

Here's wishing all Witches, Druids, and Pagans a merry Winter Solstice, and wishing all others a merry Christmas or whatever holiday you will be celebrating :) . (Also, a belated happy Chanukah as well!)

How'd you like the eclipse with the Solstice, some combo! Any spiritual significance in that for yourself?

How'd you like the eclipse with the Solstice, some combo! Any spiritual significance in that for yourself?

Hi Fawzo,

I thought it was great, although I didn't get to see the eclipse first hand. I am not attaching any significance to it, mainly because an eclipse was often considered a negative omen (unless you are using it as the title of a teen movie about vampires :vamp: ). I'm hoping for a merry Solstice anyway :D .

Sorry I missed the thread opening...but belated Merry Solstice to all.

I was only able to catch a quick glimpse of the last roughly half of the eclipse due to cloud coverage here. I could however witness the darkening of the clouds until it was completely dark...a rather amazing quality on it's own actually. I was thrilled at the darkest point (obviously the full eclipse) to hear an owl screech off in the distance. Brought a quiver to me soul knowing nature was in tune with itself as always. Quiver turned to tremble knowing how man screws it all up.

Was an excellent night, even if not able to "see" the actual eclipse, but the effects of it were none the less impressive.

This solstice also marked a personal break through for me in my meditations. Several "Big Questions" answered through a most delightful and inspiring meditation lasting several hours. My chakras are still "singing" a bit!

Blessings of Peace,

its actually a very energetic time.

agreed..... has me all discombobulated .... this Holiday season feels " different " somehow - but that could just be my perception... the energies I experience are as strong as usual - but folks reactions to it are not... people seem reserved to my eyes... and they are keeping their energies tightly about them.... It is shaping up to be an unusual Holiday season...

For those who missed the cosmic dance, I've shared a few shots of my ragged and humble craft (set tags; slideshow slow) at Flickr [Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57410334-at-N05/sets/72157625667047302/]. With the equipment I had on hand I'm amazed I was able to capture any of it for posterity. It was great fun, sharing stories like treasures and participating in the ancient sagas, though we are but poor players. Feel free to use or share any of the images as you see fit.. a higher Authority holds the copyright to this show, mine is but a mere echo of an Ocean beyond measure. The names may have changed, yet the song remains the same. Three days later and I'm still tired and sore, but I'm grateful to have lived to bear witness to the rhythms beyond time. If you listen carefully, you can still feel the Word moving softly through the night. And what is with that dude with the ankh?...

~Merry Yule, and a Hopi New Year!!!

PS - How's this for an Omen? The two (5s) videos I shot were marked as being recorded January 4, 1970, despite my camera and the computer being set to NIST. All photographs were recorded accurately and have I been unable to view the video since. It's probably a random Quicktime glitch or some such, rather than "spooky" in a Blair Witch or CIA sort of way, but it's interesting to note that this date is approximately the time of my conception. I'm sure the 1638 Puritans would have hanged me for it, silly English kannigits. Now, maybe y'alls will just laugh and write it off. Perhaps "Bona Dea" was just a shivering time lapse. Perhaps the deciphering of omens and portents depends entirely upon your point of view. Gaze into the Mirror, if you dare.

"People don't you listen now? Sing along!" ~ Led Zeppelin

(Edit: Bad link, trying to work it out.. ahh, forum formatting replacing "-at-" with "-at-"... what, here too? *shakesfist* LOL)

Edited by Kingfisher

Question: Why is it "merry solstice?" Why is it not "natural solstice" or "cyclical solstice?" I mean, solstice is a bi-annual, natural occurence with no emotional meaning, right? It is, in a nuthsell, a demarkation or zenith of the changing of the seasons. Why is that something to be merry about? I would think, much like the passage of time, that it is something to be acknowledged, but not necessarily by itself something to be celebrated. Perhaps I am ignorant about the celebration of the natural events of universal nature. Is it the worship of (ancient) nature that causes people to recognize cyclical shifts as something other than physics?

• Amulet locked this topic