Prayer For A Dear Friend

I would like to ask all members who read this post to sincerely pray for a dear friend of mine named Susan. A 62 year old lady, she has recently left her husband of 33 years and is attempting to start a new life. I make no judgement on this decision.

However, all of her close friends are worryed for her because, as she is making these changes, another friend, also married, is trying to convince her to marry him. They tell us they have been in love for 4 weeks (yes, I said weeks). Last week this man left his wife of 37 years so he can marry Susan. While both, of course, will have to work through divorce proceedings with their spouses, we are terrified that Susan is making decisions based on pure emotions without weighing the consequences, which we are convinced will be great and ultimately bad.

Please join me in this simple prayer:

Dear Lord of the Universe;

Please look upon your good daughter, Susan, and guide her in making a thoughtful decision that may alter her life.

Please let her see all sides of her decision.

Please let her realize the sincerity of the love and concern her friends have for her future happiness.

Amen.

If you can add prayers to this post, please do. All of her friends love this woman, and I cannot overstate the concern we now have.

Edited by Brother Peter

Shouldn't her joy now be of some import seeing as she is a bit older.

I think I will pray that Susan makes the best choice which brings herself and others the most joy and least suffering. Yet from the original post I get the sense that even if staying in her present situation brought her agony her friends would be quite happy.

Please rest assured that her friends only want the best for Susan. We feel that she is being "bowled over" with decisions that she needs to take time to address. She is leaving her second marrage, has left her home, and the dogs she adores. She is adjusting to life in a very small apartment. Unfortunatlely she has not been eating well, because of the stress of the whole situation. Everything has it's time and place. Marrage has to be a commitment that takes time to ponder.

I don't know, of course, how many have read this prayer request, offered this or a similar prayer. I can say that, as of today, she is starting to think more clearly of the total consequences of acting too quickly. And I got her to eat a hot meal at our workplace.

• Amulet locked this topic