For Our Brothers And Sisters Within Ulc

Over the past few months I've noticed an increase in the number of our Membership that have had all sorts of calamities strike them. Barring the individual requests for various needs, there also seems to be a generalized need for support, understanding, compassion and even advice.

Naturally there a number of things that could be said concerning the content of a prayer and perhaps each of you who may stumble across this topic may want to add your own words towards someone or something you know needs special attention. I am thankful in numerous ways that my wife Kay and I, though we may not have it necessarily "easy" on a day to day basis, are far better off than many, many others during these tragic and terrible times. We sincerely wish there was more we could for those we know.

It seems to be a small thing, but sometimes just being there for someone, whether that is in person, over the phone, via e-mail or just another semi-anonymous screen name, for a fellow Brother or Sister to share their angst, joys and concerns with does indeed help.

I'd just like to offer a moment that we each reflect on those who may not be doing as well Spiritually, physically or financially as our Brethren here at ULC. It is after all, mutually beneficial to each of us to have a Spiritually enriched camaraderie and association while we visit our "favorite" forum. While I can think of many words I'd like to say concerning each of those I know about, I think the Christ has no equal when it comes to words for a prayer of enrichment of Spirit for those who may need a bit of a 'lift'.

Please, join me for just a moment, silently or out loud, and pass this on to our Brothers and Sister here at ULC. Thank you.

Mat 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.

Amen.

Blessings of Peace,

The Prayer to Our Father in the Original Aramaic

Abwûn O cosmic Birther, from whom the breath of life comes,

d'bwaschmâja who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

Nethkâdasch schmach May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Têtê malkuthach. Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha. Let Your will come true in the universe (all that vibrates) just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna. Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,

Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên. detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma) like we let go the guilt of others.

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

ela patzân min bischa. but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn. From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Amên. Sealed in trust, faith and truth. (I confirm with my entire being)

Edit :This is not my translation.... I added nothing.... this is how it would have been taught to the disciples....

or you may listen to it in Galilean Aramaic ( or very close...):

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Thanks BroMSky and RevAl

I like the latter version a lot better than what I was taught. Even though what most of us were taught woks pretty good as well. I had an ineteresting event occur while praying the Lord's Prayer for two friends of mine this past Saturday.

While meditating and praying the Lord's Prayer for them I saw two streaks of white light leave my body on slightly different paths. When I opened my eyes after I finished the prayer I noticed I was facing North and it just so happened that both parties were North relative to my position. One was in Pennsylvania and the other in a hospital nearby north of me.

I felt assured both would be fine and I actually got the pleasure of taking the one home the next day.

The Prayer to Our Father in the Original Aramaic.....I shamefully neglected to give credit for this to the The Nazerene Way website

Thank you for sharing this Bro. Sky. I must admit though, I'm bad enough in English and was completely tongue tied in the Aramaic! I'm certain the Nazerenes will forgive the oversight!! :rolleyes:

I think we often get too caught up in our daily lives to understand the origins of many things. I firmly believe prayer and/or meditation are one in the same thing. Prayer, if done according to what Jesus had to say about it was a connection to the Host. I think the reference of "going into your closet to pray" is one very tell tale sign of it. By sequestering ourselves from the noise and ramblings of the world we can indeed connect so much better.

My wife and I do energy workings together from time to time and this not only gives us a better 'connection' to each other, but our individual selves as well. As with most things, it is the simplistic that seems to have the most impact.

I hope more will contribute to this topic in support of the needs of our ULC Fellowship here.

.... and Rev. Rainbow...you have most certainly piqued my interest!!! Just what was it you deleted?? Wrong topic? Hmmmm.. :unsure: ...hehehehehe... :lol: I fully understand as I too, so often get so many dang tabs/windows open I completely lose track of where I am!!!

Blessings of Peace,

Edited by RevAl

• 4 weeks later...

Almighty God, give us the strength and courage to stand when we are faced with trials and tribulations. Unite us in our cause. Be ever watchful over us. Amen

Are we forgetting the Tower of Babel story here. United causes are a No No!

.... and Rev. Rainbow...you have most certainly piqued my interest!!! Just what was it you deleted?? Wrong topic? Hmmmm.. :unsure: ...hehehehehe... :lol: I fully understand as I too, so often get so many dang tabs/windows open I completely lose track of where I am!!!

Blessings of Peace,

Nothing more than I had responded to a different thread in this, the wrong one! Yeah, I was lost but now am found. :rolleyes:

Good thread and methinks it is a good idea that we include our brothers and sisters here in our daily prayers and/or devotions.

Nothing more than I had responded to a different thread in this, the wrong one! Yeah, I was lost but now am found. :rolleyes:

Good thread and methinks it is a good idea that we include our brothers and sisters here in our daily prayers and/or devotions.

shoulda had UBUNTU with it's lil desktop tabs... :lol:

:jest: I keep talking and I'm prolly gonna have problems... :lol: check out the UBUNTU thread Rev...

I have included the ULC, and my fellow ministers in more than a few heartfelt prayers over the last bunch of months... and I hope others will too...

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

• Amulet locked this topic