Family Needs Prayers

My Brothers and Sisters in Light,

Recently, over the past couple of months, several things have hit my Family rather hard and I'd like to request prayers in the direction of those who earnestly need all the support they can get through the Ethers.

My Sister, Lynda, has had the worst time dealing with an abusive and drug addicted daughter. My niece has caused such havoc and harm lately as she has been cut off public assistance in June, lost her umteenth place to live in July and is currently running with an abusive, addicted and criminal "man" that also has multiple times threatened physical harm upon my sister and husband Larry.

Larry suffered a stroke 11 years ago and has had four more since with the latest one just 12 days ago. During his last stroke, he fell and broke his hip and is now barely hanging on to Life in ICU due many complications. He has also been very verbal about wanting to "go home to the Lord" as he feels so overwhelmed by having been such a burden on sis these many years. As well, at 72 yrs, he's lived a full and productive Life, giving 40+ years to the Santa Fe railroad, for which we've have all been thankful for his duty to family and my sis.

My Mother, 86, Evelyn has of course been upset by this however as she is in a diminished capacity her "help" seems more invasive and intruding than "helpful". She has done such things as bring the entourage of LOL's (little ol' ladies) from her church to sister's house and, well...., did more harm than good. She insists on sister bringing her to the hospital "for Larry" every day and then spends the entire time complaining about the "hard chairs", "the bad food" and ...and ...and .... which means sister must devote all her time to Mother rather than her husband. (Yes, I know what I would do!)

Sis is the most forgiving and wonderful person, however, by doing so she brings so much "extra" into her Life. She has just yesterday, finally, gotten a restraining order against my niece and boyfriend, but the battle continues as of a few minutes ago on the phone.

Anyway, both Mother and Sister live 40 miles north of me in Modesto, CA and with our conditions of not able to do much physically to help, prayer is the most supportive we can do.

Might I indulge upon the many Good Souls here to send a prayer their way?

I Thank you all so much,

Blessings of Peace,

Dave "RevAl" K.

RevAl

Not only are you and yours in my prayers today, but I'll do what I'd normally do for those close to me who are experiencing a harrowing and destructive set of circumstances that appear to be gaining momentum and causing so much hurt.

I'll keep a candle burning for your family to help keep them in my thoughts today and hope that your situation improves as quickly as possible.

God bless

My Brothers and Sisters in Light,

...Might I indulge upon the many Good Souls here to send a prayer their way?

I Thank you all so much,

Blessings of Peace,

Dave "RevAl" K.

I am sorry for the travail of your sister, and her husband, Larry.

I will most certainly keep all of you in my heart.

May the peace that passes understanding

be yours and theirs.

Hex

I haven't been able to post, But I am including you in my heartfelt prayers...

We all have relatives who we feel need to shine their light a little more... the shadows get thicker and thicker, just before the dawn...... then, not a shadow can exist within the light...

I will send my Love and Light to your family AL, gladly.... and my prayers as well....

Thank you all so much. My sister sends her "Thank You" as well as she was amazed that so many here were praying for her hubby, a total and complete stranger to everyone here. Once again the ULC Forum group Astonishes and Amazes!! thumbsup%281%29.gif Might I ask for a few days of continued support for Sis as she endures this most uncomfortable period of adjustment? Thanks in advance.

The sad news to it all though is that Larry passed away yesterday at noon, ironically as they brought in his lunch. Please don't hold back on hospital food and passing jokes as Larry (72) would have appreciated every one of them! He LOVED my sister, a good joke and baseball, with Sis always being the first. Jokes were subjective depending on 'for or against' his Dodgers!

He was a good man, great father and excellent husband. Our entire family appreciated so much his taking such good care of my sis. The funny thing is she dated Larry's brother David during junior/senior years in HS. Larry was the oldest of five boys and in a miserable marriage during Dave and sis' dating, but that ended just before sis and Dave broke up (seems he didn't want to "wait" for marriage - which sis was a stickler for) and when Sis left home at 18, well the timing was perfect and remained so for 46 years!

Larry worked for Santa Fe Railroad for almost 40 years as a Brakeman, actually an obsolete job after 1978, but gotta love them Unions! Sis worked off and on, but mostly was a stay at home Mother to two daughters Laurel, Kristin and a son Leigh. Laurel passed away in 1997 from injuries inflicted by an abusive husband, who served only 4 1/2 years for his actions (Courts can be ridiculous) Kristin is the niece I mention from time to time as being the "problem child" of addiction and Leigh, bless his heart has four girls (19, 14, 12, 10) and a son (8) and Leigh can be heard on "Family Radio" every now and then when he fills in for one of the ministers on regular programming. He is one of the programming producers for the station. His wife Christina is a physical therapist and they both home school the kids, with Brittany (oldest -duh!) just being accepted at William and Mary College a few weeks ago.

So my wonderful, good heart, loving and caring Sister (66) must now see Life through the different prospective of being a widow. All the adversities she's faced in life have now come to a point of not mattering as much as they once did and her home is empty from the many, many years of loving commitment she shared with a great guy that are now mere memories. A plethora of good memories mixed in with the few, but devastating, sad and heart breaking ones.

Again, I ever so much appreciate the fact so many here helped in our family's need of prayer, which I do believe is a valuable and important Spiritual "tool" that binds individual energies into a common "frequency" and does indeed petition "God", "The All Father", "The Source", "the Great One", whomever, whatever "title or label" one wishes to give s/he/it.

Blessings Be in Peace,

Well Larry is onto the next leg of his adventure and I don't blame him for deciding to do so before he had to try and digest those hospital chicken croquettes.

I hope your sister takes comfort in thinking that his departure on the scale of eternity is less than a quick bathroom break during a TV commercial and that they'll be reunited at some time in the future, or already are doing so in another realm.

To Everyone,

Thanks again for everyone's prayers, thoughts and continued support. I, and my family appreciate it more than one can fully comprehend. My Mother especially was touched to read the posts y'all put out and Sis cracked up on the jokes...THAT was good to see!

Mom remembered when ULC began in Modesto and all the hoopla over "that church" starting in 1959. The Pastor of Bethany Covenant in Ripon, CA, Rodney Rosengrin wrote a letter to the Bethany congregation outlining the "sins against God" for what Kirby and Lida Hensley were "doing to the Curch" as a whole. I heard the whole story when I announced I had been ordained here back in '07. But when Mom read the posts I had printed out to share with Sis and her, she actually was put to tears. Isn't it amazing how things change?

We attended Larry's funeral yesterday, complete with Honor Guard for his Korea Service and the Pastor of their little church in Houghson, CA Sovereign Grace even announced my nephew, Associate Pastor from Family Radio when he spoke and never said one disparaging word when I got up to speak. Yes, amazing how things have changed. Everything went beautifully and so many people showed up that in itself touched my sister very much. I'm going back up in a couple days to help Sis and Mom so I'll be gone for a few days.

Oh, and RevGen....spooky, Isiah 46:2-5 & 7 was read during the service! I was a bit taken back reading it here this a.m.....thank you.

Isa 46:2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.

Isa 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

Isa 46:4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Isa 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

Isa 46:7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

And I added to things with one of Larry's favorite verses from KJV :1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

....and from a letter of the Dane King Ragnar the "Red Beard" in the mid 9th Century CE, to his elder sister concerning their youngest brother's death:

And though a great Warrior or simple smith (as was the prince by trade) may journey before the gates to Asgaard, the All Father sees their heart. The Mighty One Eye, who brought us our direction through the language of the staves, knows before the death kneal or the Time Keeper Valüt's call who shall cross Bifrost into Asgaard and even moreso who shall enter Välhalla. Whether delivered by valkyrie or by the Dark One's cold grasp, shall the Äsa Trû, be harken upon to the gilded path towards the ending place of our beliefs for all eternity.

(the letter was three pages long but the above seemed to display a side of a Viking King few would think of, which is what I spoke, and for our History lesson today :fear: it ended:

I know now, had I half the heart of our dear and gentle Harrold, I shant have lived this life of misery and deception that has been frought with such vulgar views. I may be king through the treachery of our father's power and the ability of my blade yet I find my heart empty and my mind awash with the misery of suspicion and the pains of paranoia for what some who fear me, and their consorts, wish upon my head.)

Anyway, Kay and I just wanted to say "Thank You! to everyone for your heartfelt, and heart felt on this end, condolences and the many prayers. It warms our Soul to know so many care.

On one hand it's sad that so many can identify with grief, but on the other it's comforting to know how its dealt with in so many ways. It is something that we all seem to get through.

Many, many prayers and Blessings in return,

"RevAl" and Kay

• Amulet locked this topic