Well my Saturday started off well enough. Since I was not able to go to curves Monday and Tuesday I had to make up for a day. So I went while Dh was getting groceries for a cookout.

After my gym Lance picked me up and we go out to moms house. My mothers friends Margret and Kenny were there with their Granddaughter "pooty". Plus my brother and his two girls.

The kids decided they wanted to ride so I got Pony boy out. I tried to lunge him because he hadn't been rode in awhile. Except I couldn't get him to lunge right. We walked him around a bit without anyone on him. Then Pooty wanted to ride so while Margret kept hold of the little girl I led the pony around the yard. He did ok till he decided he wanted the barn then bucked Pooty off. She is ok btw. Margret was able to grab her. Pony then darted off toward the barn. I was knocked to the ground and I twisted my ankle. So off to the ER I go and ended up I've torn a ligament and chipped my ankle again. I did this two yrs ago when I fell off ice. Except this time its in a worse spot so it has to be in a cast and I have to go see an orthopedic doctor.

**** horses! grr. Kenny was stupid and tried to ride the pony. He got bucked off twice and I think he's **** lucky to not go to the ER himself. Not sure if he shouldn't have though. He landed on his head. Anyway, no more kids rides with this pony.

The kids did get to ride my mothers horse Angel though. She's more laid back and happily rode the girls around the yard. Sierra is staying at her cousins house tonight since we got back so late. It took them 3 hrs to xray and get me into a cast. I'm so tired now. They gave me good drugs though. biggrin.gif As soon as I got there they gave me vicotin and gave me Hydrocodone (sp?) for home.

I'm not sure how I'm going to work. And obviously its going to set me back with my weight loss goals. Its my right foot so I can't drive. I'm hoping I can have a coworker pick me up. I know there are several that live here in L-burg.

Anyway, I've had a sucky day. I hope y'alls was better than mine.

Is it a bad sign that the few times I've had to be on Vicodin (last three knee jobs, back), I still felt a great deal of pain with the stuff in my system? From what I'm told that stuff can drop large animals, so I can only imagine how much pain I would have been in untreated.

But this is about you. Sending you healing energy for a full and quick recovery. It stinks that your excercise routine is interrupted. I wish I had the discipline to commit to an excercise program. Right now to maintain my weight, I have two exercises I am forcing myself to do: the water bottle lift and the fork drop. :thumbu:

Besides I do have my favorite workout: every day I bench about 10 to 20 coffee cups! :coffee:

Did I make you grin or are the drugs that good?

Seriously, feel better soon.

Vicodin is awesome drugs. Tell the dancin skittles I said hi.

Feel better..sorry your day sucked.

Thanks Murph.

Is it a bad sign that the few times I've had to be on Vicodin (last three knee jobs, back), I still felt a great deal of pain with the stuff in my system? From what I'm told that stuff can drop large animals, so I can only imagine how much pain I would have been in untreated.

But this is about you. Sending you healing energy for a full and quick recovery. It stinks that your excercise routine is interrupted. I wish I had the discipline to commit to an excercise program. Right now to maintain my weight, I have two exercises I am forcing myself to do: the water bottle lift and the fork drop. :thumbu:

Besides I do have my favorite workout: every day I bench about 10 to 20 coffee cups! :coffee:

Did I make you grin or are the drugs that good?

Seriously, feel better soon.

lol. Yes you made me grin. Thanks hon. Your such a sweety. The drugs don't take all the pain away. Just a happy numb. I just woke up and everything is thumping. I took a pain pill so hopefully in a bit it will chill out.

I joined curves to loose the weight plus I've been counting calories. I just started 3 weeks ago so no major progress. But I was doing good with my new routine. I can still limit what I eat but I won't be able to make my 3 curves visits per week. Which just sucks. I'm on crutches and I hate them too! Needless to say I want to have a certain pony for dinner. I hear horse meat is a delicacy! :devil:

Needless to say I want to have a certain pony for dinner. I hear horse meat is a delicacy! :devil:

:blink:

Umm.. no meatloaf for me. :umph: I just LOVE the salad, though....

I remember as a kid the great rumours about the golden horseshoes, err... arches, serving horsie.

Everyone sing the Big Mac song:

Two pony patties

Whatzit sauce

Lettuce

Cheez

Pickuls

Hunions

served on yesterday's buns.

Pictures a LOL Cat: I can haz cheezburger? :lol:

Wow... that totally blows SWC....

I hope ya feel better soon.... Dont sweat the painkillers, I been on all of em over the years and Vicodin\Hydrocodone really arnt all that bad.... The ol' lady (ex?) has been on them for years and they'll be writing me a full time scrip as soon as I actually GET to the doc...When they start handing out things like Demoral, Morphine and Oxy's thats when ya know you're in serous trouble....

LOL... Ya beat me to it, but I was gonna point out that they DO still eat unruly ponies in some cultures...

Thank God (or Goddess if you prefer dearheart), that the young'uns are ok and you didnt get hurt worse... I'll keep you all in my prayers... And will be happy to dig through my recipe database a bit if you like?

Take a hair dryer on the air setting (cold) and blow air gently from the top of the cast. It keeps the cast from building sweat and will help reduce the itch.

lol. I've posted this statement on a couple of different forums. And each one has given me advice on how to get to the itch. I don't own a hair dryer though. I always let my hair dry naturally. If i use a dryer it always gives me split ends.

Salem,

So sorry to hear of your ordeal. I will also put you on my "Prayers for Healing" list and send you a super-thrust of healing energy.

As for the pain killers, eh, use what ya need, no faulting for wanting to be out of pain, just taper after off after 2-3 weeks so you don't get "addicted"...that I KNOW from experience it's no fun when they say "you're all better, no more pills!"

Reiki is a tried and true method of healing, if you but believe, except it should be in person. Even having "faith believing" friends and/or family gather around your injury and silently "pray" (sending the intention of healing to the Cosmos) does work. It's amazing how affective these "dis-proven" :unsure: methods are.

Having been in casts, on nearly every limb, yes, the hair dryer on 'air only' does work. So does a Benedryl once a day "help".

Also a wire coat hanger stretched out straight and put a "U" on one end and wrap with medical tape for a soft scratcher ...MAKE SURE to file smooth the cut end so no cuts! thumbsup%281%29.gif I'm surprised they didn't leave you a couple of holes in cast around the calf area as allows to "air better".

My last leg injury, reconstructive surgery on left ankle, the guy in casting put spray can tops at four places around calf and cast around them and then pulled out the can-tops before it dried. I was SOOOOO grateful for the airflow and "itch access"!! They also used a "Teflex" (sp?) -sorta like mini-pad construct- on before the cotton batting. If they give you a new cast in 3-4 weeks ask for this "holes method" and do not shave leg while free from cast as they may suggest! (They did to an old g'f and she cussed them for a week because like you said...the ITCH of regrowth) If they give you the time, a half hour or so without cast will sure feel good! :D

Many prayers and Blessings your way dear lady! Get Well Soon! :coffee:

Hi Rev Al. Yeah I'm not a reiki healer but I do use energy healing. So does Dh though not sure if he's in the right mind frame to do it. He's bipolar so just depends. Though he was right when he first looked at it and said its broke. I figured just a sprain. Anyway, I go see the doc sometime this coming week. I need to make an appointment tomorrow. The ER doc thought maybe there is a hairline fracture. He wasn't sure so I guess he wanted to make sure. No breaking holes unfortunately.

lol. I've posted this statement on a couple of different forums. And each one has given me advice on how to get to the itch. I don't own a hair dryer though. I always let my hair dry naturally. If i use a dryer it always gives me split ends.

Then BUY a hairdryer (call it an "itch eliminator", if you like!)

You are not called "Electric Wiccan" for nuttin', right? :rolleyes:

Then BUY a hairdryer (call it an "itch eliminator", if you like!)

You are not called "Electric Wiccan" for nuttin', right? :rolleyes:

I don't use a dryer on my hair, either. But after 6 knee jobs, and more orthopaedic devices than any child should know about, I learned to keep an "itch blaster" within reach. I think they should be standard issue with any cast until they develop casting materials that breathe.

Don't be tempted by the tip that some use to blow powder or cornstarch into the cast. While the cornstarch is the better option, it will soak up any perspiration then turn to gum -- blecccch. Then it will harbor bacteria and cause... that's right -- itching!

Air is good. Try not to scratch or put things in the cast.... It can cause problems. But even if you can borrow a hair dryer from someone, the fresh air will feel good.

Back from the doctor. Dr. Lyons says he can't see a fracture but that doesn't mean there isn't. He said its common for this type of injury to not show a fracture at first. When the swelling goes down then it comes up. So in one week I'll go back for a second set of xrays.

If that comes off clean then I'm fine. There is a little piece of bone broken off but he thought it might be from an old injury. He took the cast off and gave me a boot to wear. I can take it off at home but when I go out I have to wear it. I'm off work for a week as well and he gave me more pain meds.

• Amulet locked this topic