Kansas Wedding

jennlacey

Hi everyone! I'm performing my first Kansas wedding and I am having some issues. I contacted the county clerk and they told me that I did not need to have anything on file (which makes no sense at all). I got nervous and called (probably the wrong people) at the Kansas supreme court. I was transferred several times and the best answer someone could give me was to look up a minister in the phone book, ask them if they have performed a Kansas wedding, and see what they say that they did. I tried this twice and got hung up on.

So... does anyone know where I need to turn in my papers? Do I just send copies of my proof in with the marriage license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

I don't know about Kansas but in Pa. where I live you don't have to show any documentation.It does not surprise me that you don't have to show anything in Kansas.It is called separation of church and state. Although some county clerks ask questions about your ordination.It is too bad this is not the "united states" where the laws are the same in every state. They are not enforced the same in every county within a state.

Good Luck jba

Hi everyone! I'm performing my first Kansas wedding and I am having some issues. I contacted the county clerk and they told me that I did not need to have anything on file (which makes no sense at all). I got nervous and called (probably the wrong people) at the Kansas supreme court. I was transferred several times and the best answer someone could give me was to look up a minister in the phone book, ask them if they have performed a Kansas wedding, and see what they say that they did. I tried this twice and got hung up on.

So... does anyone know where I need to turn in my papers? Do I just send copies of my proof in with the marriage license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

if you were told you don't need to register,or show papers in your state,then you don't need to.sounds like your making more out of it than is needed.go to your states website and read the laws there.if you still have questions,then contact an attorney.you sound like you need solid legal advice,from someone acting in your best interest.