Really Weird Question - But Now I'M Curious...

GothicScrybe

• Administrator

I explained that it is, as is stated very clearly in everything I've read.

(Not reading all the posts so some of this may be repeated, but with different wording...) Yes, it is for life. So is Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc., etc.... What is their point?

The next question was..."Yeah, but are you certain it can't be taken away from you?"

This one differs because the only stated tenet of the ULC is 'Do only that which is right..' and only that person can determine what is right and wrong for their beliefs. Therefore, there are no provisions to revoke an ordination (such as defrock'n a priest.) However, as has been stated, you can denounce your ordination, just like Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc., etc....

Their answer was, "Yeah, okay, so they have a forum too? What if you make someone mad on the forum?"

The forum is not the governing body of the ULC.

(Not reading all the posts so some of this may be repeated, but with different wording...) Yes, it is for life. So is Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc., etc.... What is their point?

This one differs because the only stated tenet of the ULC is 'Do only that which is right..' and only that person can determine what is right and wrong for their beliefs. Therefore, there are no provisions to revoke an ordination (such as defrock'n a priest.) However, as has been stated, you can denounce your ordination, just like Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc., etc....

The forum is not the governing body of the ULC.

Thanks for the input, Mdtaylor. They just wanted to act like a cretin, got their stupidity thrown in their face due to what I told them and while I know they were making fun of me, after I set them straight, they've not spoken to me since.

Not that I'm complaining. I prefer to surround myself with people of intelligence...not attention-seeking morons.

So, as I said, I like to be armed with knowledge and info - and I was - and thanks to the "back-up" from everyone who posted that my info was right, they "lost" (so to speak) and now have waddled off with their tail between their legs - which serves them right.

Who are they to judge?

Anyway, thanks again!

I've dealt with a few people who wish to make light of my ordination.... they usually bow out of the ensuing conversation ... I WILL use the opportunity to educate a heckler in a few basic facts... some folks will come back to me at a later time to ask a few more questions.... ( these are local folks that i see on a regular basis, not referring to the ignorant folks with social tourette's - those i smile at and ignore.... )

I've dealt with a few people who wish to make light of my ordination.... they usually bow out of the ensuing conversation ... I WILL use the opportunity to educate a heckler in a few basic facts... some folks will come back to me at a later time to ask a few more questions.... ( these are local folks that i see on a regular basis, not referring to the ignorant folks with social tourette's - those i smile at and ignore.... )

That's great Brother Michael...that's the best way to deal with them. ;)