Turnig Witches To Christ

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna keep scaring people if you insist on wearing that Ravens t-shirt!

The way the Ravens have been playing lately I doubt they scare many people. I'm glad we got KC this week and I hope your girls the week after :)

You guys are hilarious!

I presume you mean my friend the llama and my friend the multicolored one because as we all know I am always serious without any sense of humor.

I know just how scary those Ravens t-shirts are!

Edited by RabbiO

If it makes you pray for your teams, then, I guess, it's a spiritual endeavor.

I've have been known to audibly yell out Jesus C multiple times during the game when Flacco holds the ball too long.

I presume you mean my friend the llama and my friend the multicolored one because as we all know I am always serious without any sense of humor.

I know just how scary those Ravens t-shirts are!

Are those things called terrible towels from the smell of sweat and fear they soak up from Steeler fans when the Ravens are headed to Pittsburgh

Llama, now you're hitting below the belt and thats a 15 yard penalty!

Knowledge supercedes and replaces belief. Once one has knowledge of something belief is no longer necessary.

Blind faith requires accepting a truth without any type of evidence. Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate and many other cults become filled with people foolish enough to follow a belief system blindly.

If one can't question and scrutinize one's faith in a belief system then one has no faith whatsoever in that system! The strongest faith is achieved by scrutinizing ones faith deeply and seeing it stand unscathed by all challenges!!!

No when a person tests the spirits it is called wisdom, else you wind up like Eve believing everything anyone ever tells you. Only a mindless moron does that!!!!

Truth though will stand unblemished by any slings and arrows and as much inquisition as any human can conjure up. It just matters whether you care about finding the truth or reinforcing your own truth.

Fawzo...once again you have given sage words of advice to anyone seeking any form of "deliverance" from their despair. I suppose this is exactly why, as an Odhinnist Pagan, I believe what I do about religion vs. belief system. While seeking THE Truth, I found MY Truth. To date I can admit that my belief system, the one I have much faith in, has been tested so many times I've lost count but none the less I have emerged unscathed. If anything, I would have to say the challenges have made me stronger.

I believe, in general, that this is why so many people react so radically to any actual, or perceived, threat towards their religion. A mantra, or repeated phrase of any sort, can "make" a person believe many things, and I believe this is why so many people simply keep quoting the same things over and over concerning their religion. It hasn't yet become their truth.

My nephew, (the one that works for Family Radio) is a prime example of this...yes I know, I do 'pick on him' a lot...ask him, as I did on Christmas Day, what he thought about "Grandma's failing health" (we were all there for probably her last one) ...he quotes something out of, I think it was Daniel, regarding having "faith in our times of need". "But what do you think?" I repeat... he quotes another verse...long story short, he got very annoyed with me asking what he thought (a total of five times) and then goes off my need for salvation, then I would "understand".

He use to be such a good kid!!! j/k he still is, he just can't think for himself!

Quoting any text does not make one a believer, it only makes them a mimic. I've also talked before that even though I have 30+ years in my field, I'll be danged if I can quote hundreds of lines from the Eddas, or the Book of Troth (orig or 1980's rewrite), but I can describe to you, in my own words, what either of those texts means to me or what I have learned to believe about them. Emulating does not mean copying word for word, it means to be like them (deity or what have you that you are emulating) Christ, Moses, Abraham...99.9999999% of all named "authorities" in the Bible spoke their truth, what they Believed, they didn't quote others....they spoke for themselves what religion, secular rule, temple, ritual etc etc all meant to them.

A personal Truth, IMHO, means being able to give example or dissertation of that truth, not simply repeating someone else's words.

A good example, imo, would be Richard Nixon "I am not a crook!" I wonder how many times he repeated that before he believed it? Or did he ever?

Blessings of Peace,

• Amulet locked this topic