Turnig Witches To Christ

then i can not in god concience use this site anymore, if you truly were as you claim "a church" you would see the errors of your satanic ways and realize that christ is the only way to salvation and all others are damned to hell

I had to laugh! :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet God does too! :rolleyes:

From The Progressive Christian Alliance:

"Genuine faith is not some weapon that shields us from storms of life

while pronouncing judgment upon others, but neither is it wholly self-destructive.

Rather, it is a weapon that both shields and lacerates the one who wields it,

offering comfort to the distressed and distress to the comforted."

Edited by Hexalpa

I felt more of a sadness. I will pray for our friend, that God helps him with the splinter in his eye. I am sure someone, a time ago, was praying that I would see also, for I was once blinded. The spiritual concepts that we have and share with each other, though at times different, are all clouded by that "dark glass" which separates the carnal from the spiritual. One thing I realized is that when we gaze into a darkened window, we tend to see our own image disrupting the view beyond unless we get real, real close and cup our hands to the glass. We must be cautious that we do not dwell on our own reflection as we peer into that window, for once we get past it, we begin to see much more clearly.

I felt more of a sadness. I will pray for our friend, that God helps him with the splinter in his eye. I am sure someone, a time ago, was praying that I would see also, for I was once blinded. The spiritual concepts that we have and share with each other, though at times different, are all clouded by that "dark glass" which separates the carnal from the spiritual. One thing I realized is that when we gaze into a darkened window, we tend to see our own image disrupting the view beyond unless we get real, real close and cup our hands to the glass. We must be cautious that we do not dwell on our own reflection as we peer into that window, for once we get past it, we begin to see much more clearly.

Nicely Put (IMO). thumbsup%281%29.gif

Edited by Pete

I wonder at the causes which encourage a person to cling to beliefs which are so extreme.... It sets the stage for a difficult incarnation, and much hard work... From me, savedintheson gets Love to fill the holes, and Light to find an easier way... I will pray for a positive resolution to the situation which brings them to us, and that the spirit of communication which pervades this forum will stick with our friend here..... in case they begin to see a different way...

confused-smiley-013.gif

I wonder at the causes which encourage a person to cling to beliefs which are so extreme....

Enculturation!!!

Enculturation is the process by which a person learns the requirements of the culture by which he or she is surrounded, and acquires values and behaviours that are appropriate or necessary in that culture.[1] As part of this process, the influences which limit, direct, or shape the individual (whether deliberately or not) include parents, other adults, and peers.[1] If successful, enculturation results in competence in the language, values and rituals of the culture.[1]

The process of enculturation is related to socialization. In some academic fields, socialization refers to the deliberate shaping of the individual, in others, the word may be used to cover both deliberate and informal enculturation.[1]

Conrad Phillip Kottak (in Window on Humanity ) writes:

Enculturation is the process where the
culture
that is currently established teaches an individual the accepted norms and values of the culture or society in which the individual lives. The individual can become an accepted member and fulfill the needed functions and roles of the group. Most importantly the individual knows and establishes a context of boundaries and accepted behavior that dictates what is acceptable and not acceptable within the framework of that society. It teaches the individual their role within society as well as what is accepted behavior within that society and lifestyle"

Enculturation can be conscious or unconscious, therefore can support both the Marxist and the hegemonic arguments. There are three ways a person learns a culture. Direct teaching of a culture is done, this is what happens when you don't pay attention, mostly by the parents , when a person is told to do something because it is right and to not do something because it is bad. For example, when children ask for something, they are constantly asked "What do you say?" and the child is expected to remember to say "please." The second conscious way a person learns a culture is to watch others around them and to emulate their behavior. An example would be using different
slang
with different
cliques
in school. Enculturation also happens unconsciously, through events and behaviors that prevail in their culture. All three kinds of culturation happen simultaneously and all the time.

Enculturation helps mold a person into an acceptable member of society.
Culture
influences everything that a person does, whether they are aware of it or not. Enculturation is a lifelong process that helps unify people. Even as a culture changes, core beliefs, values, worldviews, and child-rearing practices stay the same. How many times has a parent said "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" when their child wanted to fit in with the crowd? Both are playing roles in the enculturation. The child wants to be included in the subculture of their peers, and the parent wants to instill individualism in the child, through direct teaching. Not only does one become encultured, but also makes someone else encultured

Erm... no.

Wicca is a beautiful religion and I'll be praying for God to give them peace in their present convictions.

You might be interested to know that by invoking the 'power of prayer' to guide another individuals beliefs to be more in line with yours, effectively circumventing free will through spiritual pressure, you are in fact practicing a form of witchcraft that even most witches won't touch with a ten foot pole for fear of being interfering in a damaging way. You see, they acknowledge their power to influence others with intention, so they also acknowledge the responsibility not to abuse that power or get cocky with that power.

THANK YOU Tsukino Rei!

This is the reason I no longer follow traditional Christianity - the willful ignorance of people such as this person.

You said it perfectly so I have nothing to add, just wanted to say "thank you."

THANK YOU Tsukino Rei!

This is the reason I no longer follow traditional Christianity - the willful ignorance of people such as this person.

You said it perfectly so I have nothing to add, just wanted to say "thank you."

I teach relaxation techniques. I sometimes use guided visualization.

If I say that a person begin to relax themselves slowly throughout the body and imagine that the stresses are flowing out of the body through ones feet then I am using a guided visualization.

If I say that ones body is too full of energy and that they need to imagine themselves letting it flow through their body, through their feet and back into the earth then I am using a Wicca technique.

If I say that ones need to give their fears to God and that they picture themselves giving all their stresses to God and one slowly releases them from themselves and relax then I am using a form of prayer.

The affect is the same but the language is accommodating the persons personal terms of reference. That is often the issue in many ways (IMO). When ones fears the other they very often hear the language but not the message and in that I believe so much misunderstanding is founded..

You might be interested to know that by invoking the 'power of prayer' to guide another individuals beliefs to be more in line with yours, effectively circumventing free will through spiritual pressure, you are in fact practicing a form of witchcraft

THANK YOU Tsukino Rei!

If you agree that the observation of Tsukino Rei is correct, then perhaps its his description of a "form of witchcraft" that shouldn't be followed? I think its important to distinguish between Christianity in general and one persons opinion. However, I must admit that I'm guilty of not following traditional Islam for the same reason, the willful ignorance of some Muslims.

I teach relaxation techniques. I sometimes use guided visualization.

If I say that a person begin to relax themselves slowly throughout the body and imagine that the stresses are flowing out of the body through ones feet then I am using a guided visualization.

If I say that ones body is too full of energy and that they need to imagine themselves letting it flow through their body, through their feet and back into the earth then I am using a Wicca technique.

If I say that ones need to give their fears to God and that they picture themselves giving all their stresses to God and one slowly releases them from themselves and relax then I am using a form of prayer.

The affect is the same but the language is accommodating the persons personal terms of reference. That is often the issue in many ways (IMO). When ones fears the other they very often hear the language but not the message and in that I believe so much misunderstanding is founded..

Interesting. I like it, Pete. :coffee:

If you agree that the observation of Tsukino Rei is correct, then perhaps its his description of a "form of witchcraft" that shouldn't be followed? I think its important to distinguish between Christianity in general and one persons opinion. However, I must admit that I'm guilty of not following traditional Islam for the same reason, the willful ignorance of some Muslims.

yet you follow christianity,in spite of the ignorence of many?no religion(contrary to popular belief)can claim to be perfect,or correct for everyone.but,they can claim to be the correct path for a given person who chooses to follow it.

yet you follow christianity,in spite of the ignorence of many?no religion(contrary to popular belief)can claim to be perfect,or correct for everyone.but,they can claim to be the correct path for a given person who chooses to follow it.

I'm reading an Interesting Book entitled Christian Delusion. Only partially through it but it states that if Christians followed the same scrutiny they do with other religions and even other denominations within their own religion, they would see the same ignorance in their own.

Scientific test on the brain have showed that when presented with logical arguments to show them specific problems our brains don't use the logical portion of our brains but rather the emotional area. The author puts forth it is because We want to believe what we believe, we are enculturnated to believe what we were given to believe, and we want to fit in.

We look for any tidbit to justify our own belief while ignoring mounains of data which conflict with reality. It is not just Christians which do this but almost everyone.

Given the odds such as in Christianity where there are almost 40,000 denominations the odds that a person holds the true knowledge and path compared to others is pretty slim. Then throw in all the belief systems in the world and the margin gets lottery like.

Edited by Fawzo

My post was simple and to the point and doesn't need to be scrutinized.

I am a Christian...but I also practice Hoodoo, which is Witchcraft, Catholicism and Christianity all rolled into one and the Christian community vilifies those like me, for it.

Yet if they'd bother to read Matthew 7 - they might not think so highly of themselves...and not be so quick to try and step into God's shoes. They tend to forget...we practitioners of Hoodoo read the Bible too...and we can give it as good as we get if they wish to waste time arguing, rather than banding together to work for the same cause.

What path we follow isn't important...only the end result is and the sooner people stop thinking they have to "save" others (when they don't know their walk with their Creator) the better off we all will be.

People trying to "fix others" (whom aren't broken) is the cause of many murders, wars and unnecessary violence. People simply need to leave well enough alone unless they are asked for help. Then by all means give it - otherwise, they need to mind their own business.

Attention all witches!!:hearye:

Please turn to the right.

Do you see that guy on the cross?

That's Christ.

There ya go.

All witches have been turned to Christ. :smart:

Ha ha! :lol::thumbu:

I am Christian because Christ was perfect and I believe he was and is the only true and correct path. I agree that no other person or religion is perfect, which is why my faith is not in religion or other people.

I am a Christian...but I also practice Hoodoo, which is Witchcraft, Catholicism and Christianity all rolled into one and the Christian community vilifies those like me, for it.

Yet if they'd bother to read Matthew 7 - they might not think so highly of themselves...and not be so quick to try and step into God's shoes. They tend to forget...we practitioners of Hoodoo read the Bible too...and we can give it as good as we get if they wish to waste time arguing, rather than banding together to work for the same cause.

What path we follow isn't important...only the end result is and the sooner people stop thinking they have to "save" others (when they don't know their walk with their Creator) the better off we all will be.

People trying to "fix others" (whom aren't broken) is the cause of many murders, wars and unnecessary violence. People simply need to leave well enough alone unless they are asked for help. Then by all means give it - otherwise, they need to mind their own business.

I just made an observation and was not scrutinizing. Combining Christianity and witchcraft doesn't mesh for me, but whatever floats your boat. And I agree that people who feel they need to save others can be a pain in the butt. :)

If you agree that the observation of Tsukino Rei is correct, then perhaps its his description of a "form of witchcraft" that shouldn't be followed?

I am Christian because Christ was perfect and I believe he was and is the only true and correct path.

I am a female because I have boobies. :bouncy:

Edited by Tsukino_Rei

I am Christian because Christ was perfect and I believe he was and is the only true and correct path. I agree that no other person or religion is perfect, which is why my faith is not in religion or other people.

Each and every person though believes the way they do because they "believe" something to be true. What makes your beliefs and claims any more valid than anyone else? If you scrutinized your beliefs closely the same way you dismiss such claims by other religious icons you might be surprised by what you find.

There is a growing large number of atheists and agnostics who were once strong believers as well in Christianity. Their ferverent search and insatiable thirst for knowledge about everything about Christianity led them to the point they are now.

A case in point about faith and belief regardless of facts is Mormonism. I've heard that the book of Mormon claims that Native Americans are the direct descendants of Jews. Modern Genome DNA evidence shows that this isn't the case. Why are there still Mormons?

Wikipedia:

According to the Book of Mormon, a Lamanite is a member of a dark-skinned nation of indigenous Americans that battled with the light-skinned Nephite nation. Although mainstream archaeologists, geneticists, and historians do not recognize the existence of Lamanites, adherents of the Latter Day Saint movement typically believe that the Lamanites comprise some part, if not the primary origin, of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, as well as the Polynesian people.

The Book of Mormon describes the Lamanites as descendants of Laman and Lemuel, two rebellious brothers of a family of Israelites who crossed the ocean in a boat around 600 BCE. Their brother Nephi founded the Nephite nation. The Lamanites reputedly gained their dark skin as a sign of the curse for their rebelliousness (the curse itself being the withdrawal of the Spirit of God), and warred with the Nephites over a period of centuries. The book says that Jesus appeared and converted all the Lamanites to Christianity; however, after a couple hundred years, they fell away and eventually exterminated all the Nephites. By the end of the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites were defined less by their skin color than by their lack of Christianity. Many Mormons believe that the Polynesian people originated from the descendents of Hagoth who led his people off on a ship and was never heard from again. Although Hagoth was a Nephite, these Mormons regard Polynesians as Lamanites.

The existence of a Lamanite nation has received no support within mainstream science or archaeology. Genetic studies indicate that the indigenous Americans are primarily from northeast Asia, and the Polynesians are from southeast Asia. This has led many Mormon apologetic scholars to hypothesize that the Lamanites were a small nation that merged with the indigenous population of northeast Asian origin and left no clear traces surviving into the modern world. Within the culture of Mormonism, indigenous Americans and Polynesians are still often called "Lamanites", but the practice is waning.

Rock on! :thumbu:

Edited by Tsukino_Rei

• Amulet locked this topic