Happy Earth Day!

• 1 year later...

Another year already? Man, I really gotta stop blinking.

Oh well, you know what they say... stuff happens.

5638001298_3ce7a408d3_m.jpg

Dear People of the Earth,

The above is a snapshot of some damage from a windstorm over the weekend. What was a sorrow for the pine will provide shelter from the elements and a safe home for generations of rabbits. They need it, their population has been growing ever since I built brush piles out of the trimmings from the apple trees. In turn, some of them will be eaten by the hawks and owls and bobcats and coyotes. Death is part of Nature's cycle, it is the sacrificial gift that grants others the opportunity to live and share the beauty of their spirits with the world.

Honor Her with the reverence She deserves. Yeah, the rabbits get into my gardens, but I don't need ALL of that food. Let us not remain so unwilling to give back to that which has provided us everything. This world is sacred, and we are but guests. There is nothing respectful about mowing it all down so we can have bigger houses or "pretty" lawns to impress the neighbors. There is nothing kind about smothering it with asphalt so we won't get our boots dirty. There is nothing divine about poisoning it so we can make more money at the Market.

As our Mother, sometimes Her lessons are painful. But let us never forget that it is we that need Her and not She that needs us. Our intelligence doesn't make us better than everything else, it just gives us more responsibility to maintain the harmony. We must learn how to act, but we must also learn how to do nothing. That's not a hundred dollars worth of lumber wasted there on a bunch of stupid animals, it is the Alpha and the Omega. The "good news" is that it's not too late to learn how to care about something other than ourselves.

When a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, it still makes a very big noise.

With love and a hopeful heart,

~The Easter Bunny

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need." ~ The Rolling Stones

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is." ~ Yoda

Good wishes to all who celebrate this day!

Personally I have no reservations to finding nature beautiful, it's beauty revealed in complexity I find unsurpassed, however, to borrow a Christian phrase, it is still 'of the flesh'.

I believe that spiritual enlightenment cannot be achieved by wallowing in materialism, be it golden bathtubs or Yellowstone.

I say: Rejoice in the spirit not in the flesh!

Edited by hyperreal

Should not every day be earth day?? It's like life day....something everyone should acknowlede all the time?

Absolutely... Earth Day is just like Mother's Day, an occasional reminder for those who forgot what we should have known all along.

Personally I have no reservations to finding nature beautiful, it's beauty revealed in complexity I find unsurpassed, however, to borrow a Christian phrase, it is still 'of the flesh'.

So it's just a pretty bauble to be tossed aside as worthless when a diamond catches your eye? You don't have to like it, but you have a duty to pass it on intact so that others may enjoy it. Without the sacrifice of those who went before, you would not exist to appreciate any of it. To borrow another Christian phrase - "Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem."

I believe that spiritual enlightenment cannot be achieved by wallowing in materialism, be it golden bathtubs or Yellowstone.

You might enjoy the Philippines this time of year.

I say: Rejoice in the spirit not in the flesh!

I say: Rejoice in the spirit AND in the flesh! It's hard to achieve what you never reach for, and I don't believe in part-time love. You remind me of a kid who was given a book and threw it in the mud because it wasn't a video game. Actually you sound more like a bully who threw MY book in the mud because YOU didn't get the game you wanted.

Gaia rained on my holiday too, but I'm still smilin'. :)

Saw a black squirrel today.. it'll make a nice addition to the red, gray and flying squirrels that live around here driving the dog crazy and getting into everything. Just caught a glimpse so I don't know if it's a male or female yet, I think it's one of the babies of the gray that lives in my barn. Either that or it's a refugee from Pennsylvania coal country. :lol:

"Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis, ** sanctis Tuis in aeternam; quia pius Es.."

(Sigh... first Japanese, now Latin... Murph, please tell the filters to stop giggling like a child going to Bangkok.)

• Amulet locked this topic