Out Of Place Artifacts

There's this website i like.....

It's really an interesting site.....

It is OOPARTS & Ancient High Technology -- Evidence of Noah's Flood? The Site

Now, I've been following this website as it has been developing for years now, and I have found some very interesting leads to stories here... These folks have done a huge amount of research for all this information ( to gather the stories, i mean..) and some of this stuff is flat out fascinating as you do your research and begin to find out there is truth in some of it ( i have hopes that much of it is... but i don't have that much time to check it all... )

The point of giving you this link is to bring some of these topics out into the open... there is so much information on this site, it should be fairly easy to find a viewpoint on one of the topics covered and share or ask for opinions...

This site is run by Christians - it is based from their viewpoint - they are very up-front about that... but they bring up things that have been forgotten about for a long time... and they ask questions......

Seriously folks, when i get into my research, this site gives me goosebumps frequently... finding out that some of these things are real is sometimes fairly shocking.... well, anyway, here is the point of view from those running the ooparts site. It is meant as a teaser to get you to visit them.... Ooparts

Point of View:

We have a Biblical viewpoint on the world. Ooparts are evidence, we think, that the Flood actually happened. News items or magazine articles that report them may not have the same perspective that Christians do. When we read for instance, a scientific article that puzzles over our lack of genetic variability, we think of the Flood of Noah. We would include that article here, without editing, because we expect Christians to use their filters on such an article. That does not mean that we agree with the evolutionary timeframe given in said article.

We think it�s more interesting when general newspaper articles or science articles observe data that they might see one way, but that Christians might see another way given our own knowledge about God, creation and the flood. It�s more interesting to quote Stephen Jay Gould saying that �the lack of transitional fossils is the trade secret of paleontology�, than it might be to hear another Christian say it.

So, no we don�t believe the universe is millions or billions of years old. We don�t know how old it is�we just know who created it and how long it took Him. We do not believe in pre-Adamic races, though we do believe that there were �civiilizations� prior to the Flood. We don�t believe in space aliens or cooties. We expect you to use your own knowledge filter on this site.

make sure as you go through the pages to follow the numbers at the bottom of the pages or you will miss much of the material...

well, there ya go folks. I would like to start the discussion with:

Giants, did they REALLY exist? Can you REALLY doubt it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an attempt to take these subjects seriously for debate... i don't attest to their validity... only those i have personally researched... the website doesn't claim they are true... but there are anomalies in this world which interest a great many people... this website is a treasure trove of original information which you may research for yourself...theres a dozen categories ranging from the sublime to the bizarre and the best we get is a heckler and an echo??

There's this website i like.....

It's really an interesting site.....

It is OOPARTS & Ancient High Technology -- Evidence of Noah's Flood? The Site

Now, I've been following this website as it has been developing for years now, and I have found some very interesting leads to stories here... These folks have done a huge amount of research for all this information ( to gather the stories, i mean..) and some of this stuff is flat out fascinating as you do your research and begin to find out there is truth in some of it ( i have hopes that much of it is... but i don't have that much time to check it all... )

The point of giving you this link is to bring some of these topics out into the open... there is so much information on this site, it should be fairly easy to find a viewpoint on one of the topics covered and share or ask for opinions...

This site is run by Christians - it is based from their viewpoint - they are very up-front about that... but they bring up things that have been forgotten about for a long time... and they ask questions......

Seriously folks, when i get into my research, this site gives me goosebumps frequently... finding out that some of these things are real is sometimes fairly shocking.... well, anyway, here is the point of view from those running the ooparts site. It is meant as a teaser to get you to visit them.... Ooparts

make sure as you go through the pages to follow the numbers at the bottom of the pages or you will miss much of the material...

well, there ya go folks. I would like to start the discussion with:

Giants, did they REALLY exist? Can you REALLY doubt it?

Documentaries about the search for Noahs ark, and documentaries about archaeological evidence backing other Bible stories, are still recycled on TLC, Discovery, and various documentary channels in the UK.

As to the webauthor of this site and his views regarding giants.

Christians generally believe that there were apes and there were men in the past. Evolutionists are not willing to accept that there existed in the past giant versions of modern man because there is no evolutionary explanation for their existence, just as there is no real attempt to explain giant versions of modern day animals.

These are sweeping and untrue statements. There are more people than Christians who take an interest in stories of giants, more cultures than Christian that have stories of giants, and of course there are theoretical evolutionary explanations for their theoretical existence just as there are explanations for any abnormally large modern mammals, fish, bugs, and humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_%28mythology%29 <-- Norse, Greek, Hindu, Balt, Basque - Cultures with giant myths.

Just look at what these people consider to be evidence that science supposedly has no genetic/evolutionary explanation for.

http://s8int.com/six.html

Modern people. Extra fingers. Extra toes. Double rows of teeth. I notice they use examples of people living in developing nations. Well, actually, it's happening all over the world, not just the mysterious alleys of distant foreign lands.

:wall:

These are well known, well documented, well studied phenomenon which have been thoroughly dealt with and explained by science. It's common in cats and other creatures as well.

Polydactyly can occur by itself, or more commonly, as one feature of a syndrome of congenital anomalies. When it occurs by itself, it is associated with autosomal dominant mutations in single genes, i.e. it is not a multifactorial trait.[2] But mutation in a variety of genes can give rise to polydactyly. Typically the mutated gene is involved in developmental patterning, and a syndrome of congenital anomalies results, of which polydactyly is one feature.

The condition has an incidence of 2 in every 1000 live births.[3] Postaxial hand polydactyly is a common isolated disorder in African black and African American children, and autosomal dominant transmission is suspected. Postaxial polydactyly is approximately 10 times more frequent in blacks than in whites and is more frequent in male children.[4] In contrast, postaxial polydactyly seen in white children is usually syndromic and associated with an autosomal recessive transmission. One study by Finley et al. combined data from Jefferson County, Alabama, United States and Uppsala County, Sweden. This study showed incidence of all types of polydactyly to be 2.3 per 1000 in white males, 0.6 per 1000 in white females, 13.5 per 1000 in black males, and 11.1 per 1000 in black females.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly

A bit of research into the results of mass experimentation of humans to study the results of exposing populations to radiation will illuminate some of the truly amazing things that little genetic mistakes will produce.

People who believe in 'Lizard Men' or aliens have sometimes used as evidence for this pictures of babies that have thick, dark, scaly armourlike skin and totally red bulging eyes. The pictures are real, but they are pictures of babies born with a genetic maladyw which causes them not to shed their skin, the way that the rest of us do. The malady begins and continues in the womb so that when they are born their skin has layered and layered and layered until it is like armour, and it is not maleable so that when they move the armour splits and cracks open, so that bacteria can get in through the cracks. The pressure of all those layers of skins normally flips their eyelids backwards causing the appearance of red, bulging, unnatural eyes. They do very much look like aliens. But they are human and survival past infancy was unheard of until one boy in the states had a rather ingenius doctor try acne cream to return maleability to his skin. Turning the eyelids right required surgery, more than once. The condition is called Harlequin's Disease. We know what it is. We know what causes it. It's not a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPARxS2qak&feature=related

Likewise - extra fingers, extra toes, extra rows of teeth, heck even extra heads! It's not a mystery. We know what causes it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbaT7brkS5E

<<-- these kids are AWSOME!

Now, let's look at Giantism!

<--- VERY informative.

Check out Wadlow! He looks, proportionately alot like the pictures that can be found on Egyptian glyphs of Giants. Imagine a dwarf on the lap of a giant.

There is no reason to believe that these abnormalities wouldn't have been even more common during early human development, if not equally common. Particularly as, as the author of OOPARTS points out, giantism in some mythologies has been associated with other genetic abnormalities such as polydactylism.

That said - if this is used as evidence for christianity then it also has to be used as evidence for all the other religions and cultures who incorporate fantastic stories of giants. And the Norse have dwarfism on their side too!

Another rare genetic abnormality is progeria, which appears as rapid aging. -

This and other genetic conditions such as AUTISM or BRAIN DISORDERS were once seen in Europe as evidence of fairies and changelings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling

http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/3/271.extract

http://www.helium.com/items/1742381-mythical-creatures-changeling

Changelings were a common theme in medieval literature, as they were used to explain misunderstood infant afflictions such as certain diseases, disorders, or mental retardation.

Sadly, the reality behind changelings stemmed from the birth of deformed or developmentally disabled children. Some modern day diseases which fit the description of changelings in various legends are spina bifida, cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome, Hunter syndrome, regressive autism, and cerebral palsy. Changelings have found their place in autistic culture, as elven changelings were blamed for the inexplicably varying behavior of the autistic child.

Even modern parents find the stories and legendary descriptions fitting to their experience.

“The girl I gave birth to has been stolen, she’s gone.” (Mother, A Current Affair, Vaccination: a stab in the dark? 30 January 2001)“So the goblins came. They pushed their way in and pulled baby out, leaving another all made of ice.” (Maurice Sendak, Outside over there. Puffin Books, Middlesex, UK, 1981)

Changelings, Giants, Lizardmen, Polydactyls, Dwarves...

All of these people have one thing in common: They are all very much human.

Edited by Tsukino_Rei

At eleven at night that was the most concise expression of the website I could manage. There's some good information there, and a lot of pseudo-scientific conjecture designed to mislead the ignorant. It strikes me as nothing more than an attempt to justify literal creationist theory with half-truths and unsupported hypotheses. I'm happy to discuss it all in more detail, but I wanted to study the site in more depth before I got too involved.

Let me start with Noah's Ark.. why would anyone think it's on top of a mountain? When the flood waters receded, it is said, the dove returns with an olive branch. Well olive trees don't grow at 3800+ meters, so it must have come from a much lower elevation. This means the water at the time must have been even lower than that. They should be looking for the thing in the plains, or at best the lower slopes. As for the flood itself.. while there is evidence of global flooding, it lies buried deep below many other layers. Creationists like to say God created those layers all at once. Why then is the flood layer not at or very near the top if it only happened a few thousand years ago? Did He pull back the waters and suddenly whip up more dirt to mess with us?

There's way too much to go over in a single post, so I'll address the issues as they arise. I especially like the one where they "disprove" the evolution of the coywolf by attributing its development to an evolutionary process. :wacko:

Thanks for posting the site, Bro. I have been perusing the "Dinosaurs in Art" and "Boneyards" sections and cant really comment yet as I have not delved too deeply. I must say they have a lot of stuff in different categories all easily accessible. It appears to be a most interesting site and one that I will be spending more time on.

I have felt for a long time that many things in our lives have not been newly discovered but simply re-discovered from times past. Both religion as well as science have anathematized things that were not in line with their rationale of "truth."

I wonder if there would be smirks and dismissals if the site were run by atheists, pagans or any other non-Christian source instead. Seems to me that sometimes we let labels get in the way of discovery. It would be wise for us to realize that bias, interpretation and perspectives appears in all reports and accept the fact that we also form our own opinions with the same tools.

From my own experience, I have researched a grouping of prehistoric, late stone age tools from the Central Highlands of Vietnam. What intrigued me was that these stone tools are copies (shape and design) of already then-existing bronze tools from China which were far better quality. Sure, there was an overlapping of stone/bronze age but what makes it interesting is how advanced one society was compared to the other at the same general time.

I wonder if there would be smirks and dismissals if the site were run by atheists, pagans or any other non-Christian source instead.

There absolutely would be from me. It's not so much that I deny the evidence, it's with how the evidence is presented that I take issue. One example is the "airplane" artifacts. Ancient cultures were far wiser and more knowledgeable than we often give them credit for but, even if they are legitimate, flying toys do not mean one can leap to the conclusion that they had the capability of flight; only that they had an understanding of aerodynamic concepts. The "helicopter" of Abydos is portrayed in the same fashion, and the site is full of such "proof". That's why I believe it to have an agenda.

There absolutely would be from me. It's not so much that I deny the evidence, it's with how the evidence is presented that I take issue. One example is the "airplane" artifacts. Ancient cultures were far wiser and more knowledgeable than we often give them credit for but, even if they are legitimate, flying toys do not mean one can leap to the conclusion that they had the capability of flight; only that they had an understanding of aerodynamic concepts. The "helicopter" of Abydos is portrayed in the same fashion, and the site is full of such "proof". That's why I believe it to have an agenda.

I see your point and agree with some group's intent of purpose premise. As far as an "agenda," how would evidence of a prehistoric helicopter further Christianity (unless that's how Jesus ascended)? As far as obvious looking tanks, airplanes and rocket ships appearing on cave walls, what other conclusion could I draw as to what they are - the idea of non-working prototype drawings is a little far-fetched also.

Dinosaurs are not extinct. I eat some every day. We just no longer call them dinosaurs because they have changed and are smaller. Most animals have gotten smaller. Except for us. We seem to be getting bigger.

There was a flood about 10,000 years ago or so. It marked the last big melt of the present Ice Age. It flooded our oceans and the are at a much higher level than they were at the peak of the last glaciation. If you are worried about the rising water, don't be. This is also peaking and the return of the ice is around the corner.

I saw a program on TV about the recent efforts to unlock some genes during the development of bird embryos. By turning on various dormant gene groups they are able to spur the development of teeth and scales, resulting in animals which would be more recognized as dinosaurs that birds. They are planning to eventually release to dinosaur trapped inside the bird.

This is where those who disagree with evolution will never prevail. The past of all animals is still existent in the DNA of current animals, with the exception of animals that have gone extinct. But even the DNA of extinct animals is slowly being retrieved for study. DNA is not just a blueprint for current life; It also contains a record of past life.

As for the abilities of prehistoric man, they were the same as our own. We have not changed much in the past few ten of millennium. Some of us have developed lighter skin thanks to the Ice Age. Some of us are more about to digest milk or other foods. None of us has grown a giant brain. If anything humans have devolved due to the lack of physical stress our society is subjected to.

matters not what we talk about, simply a conversation starter....

however, I have personally seen some of the bones that have come out of west virginia... pretty hard to deny a human femur which is as long as my leg..( I'm 6'7" ).. and yes, it may look like a few other bones, but a human femur is pretty easy to identify... as well as a skull... pretty hard to fail to notice that a skull is a skull....

and wouldn't dinosaurs qualify as "giants in the earth"..... but please do explain the 15 foot tall human skeletons with the extra large cranial capacity which have been found all over the planet....

Thank you rev. rainbow for accepting the site as it was intended. as a storehouse of original information... as far as tools go... the japanese are drilling into a glacier and have found tools, jewelry, and household items down around the 10-12 million year range.... and have admitted all they've found.... very interesting... theres a story on the site about a rock hammer which has petrified and started to turn to coal in the handle, two happenings which are supposed to happen seperately over immense time periods. I havent researched it however it looks interesting...

and "I have felt for a long time that many things in our lives have not been newly discovered but simply re-discovered from times past. Both religion as well as science have anathematized things that were not in line with their rationale of "truth." " - i could talk about that for a while..... and i agree...

and yes, kingfisher, they are very clear about their Christian agenda..... very clear.... better than not being so, wouldn't you think?? try looking around a little, and perhaps chasing down some of the " leads " presented ( for thats what most of it is - reports from news agencies and other sources...) before throwing a big " I don't believe " around in the air, when it is painfully obvious you haven't had enough time to judge a single story from the page with any surety.... just spouting off about what you dont like.......

panpareil - I like the direction your thoughts take....

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Documentaries about the search for Noahs ark, and documentaries about archaeological evidence backing other Bible stories, are still recycled on TLC, Discovery, and various documentary channels in the UK.

As to the webauthor of this site and his views regarding giants.

These are sweeping and untrue statements. There are more people than Christians who take an interest in stories of giants, more cultures than Christian that have stories of giants, and of course there are theoretical evolutionary explanations for their theoretical existence just as there are explanations for any abnormally large modern mammals, fish, bugs, and humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_%28mythology%29 <-- Norse, Greek, Hindu, Balt, Basque - Cultures with giant myths.

Just look at what these people consider to be evidence that science supposedly has no genetic/evolutionary explanation for.

http://s8int.com/six.html

Modern people. Extra fingers. Extra toes. Double rows of teeth. I notice they use examples of people living in developing nations. Well, actually, it's happening all over the world, not just the mysterious alleys of distant foreign lands.

:wall:

These are well known, well documented, well studied phenomenon which have been thoroughly dealt with and explained by science. It's common in cats and other creatures as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly

A bit of research into the results of mass experimentation of humans to study the results of exposing populations to radiation will illuminate some of the truly amazing things that little genetic mistakes will produce.

People who believe in 'Lizard Men' or aliens have sometimes used as evidence for this pictures of babies that have thick, dark, scaly armourlike skin and totally red bulging eyes. The pictures are real, but they are pictures of babies born with a genetic maladyw which causes them not to shed their skin, the way that the rest of us do. The malady begins and continues in the womb so that when they are born their skin has layered and layered and layered until it is like armour, and it is not maleable so that when they move the armour splits and cracks open, so that bacteria can get in through the cracks. The pressure of all those layers of skins normally flips their eyelids backwards causing the appearance of red, bulging, unnatural eyes. They do very much look like aliens. But they are human and survival past infancy was unheard of until one boy in the states had a rather ingenius doctor try acne cream to return maleability to his skin. Turning the eyelids right required surgery, more than once. The condition is called Harlequin's Disease. We know what it is. We know what causes it. It's not a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPARxS2qak&feature=related

Likewise - extra fingers, extra toes, extra rows of teeth, heck even extra heads! It's not a mystery. We know what causes it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbaT7brkS5E

<<-- these kids are AWSOME!

Now, let's look at Giantism!

<--- VERY informative.

Check out Wadlow! He looks, proportionately alot like the pictures that can be found on Egyptian glyphs of Giants. Imagine a dwarf on the lap of a giant.

There is no reason to believe that these abnormalities wouldn't have been even more common during early human development, if not equally common. Particularly as, as the author of OOPARTS points out, giantism in some mythologies has been associated with other genetic abnormalities such as polydactylism.

That said - if this is used as evidence for christianity then it also has to be used as evidence for all the other religions and cultures who incorporate fantastic stories of giants. And the Norse have dwarfism on their side too!

Another rare genetic abnormality is progeria, which appears as rapid aging. -

This and other genetic conditions such as AUTISM or BRAIN DISORDERS were once seen in Europe as evidence of fairies and changelings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling

http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/3/271.extract

http://www.helium.com/items/1742381-mythical-creatures-changeling

Even modern parents find the stories and legendary descriptions fitting to their experience.

Changelings, Giants, Lizardmen, Polydactyls, Dwarves...

All of these people have one thing in common: They are all very much human.

i was thinking we hadn't even established what to refer to as a giant.... you seem to be focussing on humans.... ok then, well, one of the things i wanted to point out was this...:

some of the giant skeletons which have been found are examples of fully functioning people who have the usual stresses and strains to the body... some are obviously super tall as the result of something going awry with the body... there are methods to determine this as you apparently know...

I ask you how does a fifteen foot man, with no abnormalities, excepting the size, fit into your idea of an illness? and how do you explain the sheer numbers of confirmed skeletons found.... one would think there would be one fellow walking around at 15 foot if it was so normal a thing....they'd be one guy in the NBA who simply sat in the center of the court dunkin both goals.... :lol: and if you are suggesting radiation as a cause..... please explain your thinking.... because it doesn't make sense to me....

and dear friend, if you have followed my posts, you know I am not defending their interesting Christian perspective, merely using the collection of reports they have as a source of leads for research.....

Dinosaurs are not extinct. I eat some every day. We just no longer call them dinosaurs because they have changed and are smaller. Most animals have gotten smaller. Except for us. We seem to be getting bigger.

There was a flood about 10,000 years ago or so. It marked the last big melt of the present Ice Age. It flooded our oceans and the are at a much higher level than they were at the peak of the last glaciation. If you are worried about the rising water, don't be. This is also peaking and the return of the ice is around the corner.

I saw a program on TV about the recent efforts to unlock some genes during the development of bird embryos. By turning on various dormant gene groups they are able to spur the development of teeth and scales, resulting in animals which would be more recognized as dinosaurs that birds. They are planning to eventually release to dinosaur trapped inside the bird.

This is where those who disagree with evolution will never prevail. The past of all animals is still existent in the DNA of current animals, with the exception of animals that have gone extinct. But even the DNA of extinct animals is slowly being retrieved for study. DNA is not just a blueprint for current life; It also contains a record of past life.

As for the abilities of prehistoric man, they were the same as our own. We have not changed much in the past few ten of millennium. Some of us have developed lighter skin thanks to the Ice Age. Some of us are more about to digest milk or other foods. None of us has grown a giant brain. If anything humans have devolved due to the lack of physical stress our society is subjected to.

the highlighted portion was something i wanted to bring up as well - notice: i still have much to explore about the following...

There are a number of these giant skeletons that have been found which have an excessive cranial capacity... and it is not seen as a result of an illness or deformity.... the last, and most sucessful attempt at aging these skeletons has given a confusing date of 10,000 - 12,000 years ago..... the same time as the assumed building time of many of the largest monuments on our planet.... does the increased size and cranial capacity of these beings give us another avenue of exploration to resolve these mysteries?

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

I see your point and agree with some group's intent of purpose premise. As far as an "agenda," how would evidence of a prehistoric helicopter further Christianity (unless that's how Jesus ascended)? As far as obvious looking tanks, airplanes and rocket ships appearing on cave walls, what other conclusion could I draw as to what they are - the idea of non-working prototype drawings is a little far-fetched also.

rev.rainbow i love telling folks to look up the viminas as reported by the vedas... simply fascinating stuff... actual blueprints for flying vehicles... rolling powered vehicles... detailed explanations of the functions of the vessels... accounts of the vehicles in action, combat and otherwise.... detailed discussions of weapons of all types, including a bomb that can only be a nuclear bomb... etc... and the list goes on and on.... fascinating stuff... flight engineers have studied these drawings and say they have aeronautical properties which could only have been discovered through experience... they had to have been flying these things to have them at the point they were at in the drawings....

When so many people are confused by the basics of evolution theory -- I am reluctant to talk about giants. Still, bring it on.

Jonathan Lobl

:rolleyes:

it could be YOU who straightened those confused folks out....

It was not my intention to imply that any giant human-type ( is that more appropriate? )being would have to be, or would be in any way, related to humans... obviously i don't have any info to say things like that....

all i can talk about is what has been found..... and speculate.... that's what i am so painfully attempting here.....

and i thought this would drag us into a friendlier, less argumentative conversation..... involving issues that explore the lesser known possibilities of this world we live in.... exposing a little of the worlds wonder, for folks who have things so buttoned down...

all this time standing in front of groups of people, think i woulda figured some things out by now........ :wacko::jest:

it could be YOU who straightened those confused folks out....

It was not my intention to imply that any giant human-type ( is that more appropriate? )being would have to be, or would be in any way, related to humans... obviously i don't have any info to say things like that....

all i can talk about is what has been found..... and speculate.... that's what i am so painfully attempting here.....

and i thought this would drag us into a friendlier, less argumentative conversation..... involving issues that explore the lesser known possibilities of this world we live in.... exposing a little of the worlds wonder, for folks who have things so buttoned down...

all this time standing in front of groups of people, think i woulda figured some things out by now........ :wacko::jest:

Years ago, I was at the Museum of Natural History (NYC) looking over one of their exhibits. The exhibit demonstrated how large bones of certain very real animals could be put together in such a way that they would look like the skeleton of a humanoid giant.

This points to one of the problems with evidence. It is not enough to have evidence. The evidence must be correctly understood. It is possible to have very real evidence and interpret badly, ending up with a false consclusion. This is why Science is constantly self correcting.

One more thing. It is very good, in my opinion, to be open minded. We just don't want to be so open minded that the brain falls out.

Jonathan Lobl

:)

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

i was thinking we hadn't even established what to refer to as a giant.... you seem to be focussing on humans.... ok then, well, one of the things i wanted to point out was this...:

some of the giant skeletons which have been found are examples of fully functioning people who have the usual stresses and strains to the body... some are obviously super tall as the result of something going awry with the body... there are methods to determine this as you apparently know...

I ask you how does a fifteen foot man, with no abnormalities, excepting the size, fit into your idea of an illness? and how do you explain the sheer numbers of confirmed skeletons found.... one would think there would be one fellow walking around at 15 foot if it was so normal a thing....they'd be one guy in the NBA who simply sat in the center of the court dunkin both goals.... :lol: and if you are suggesting radiation as a cause..... please explain your thinking.... because it doesn't make sense to me....

and dear friend, if you have followed my posts, you know I am not defending their interesting Christian perspective, merely using the collection of reports they have as a source of leads for research.....

The last video I posted explains how a tumour pressing on the anterior pituitary gland will cause a constant and abnormally large secretion of growth humans from childhood. The pituitary gland and tumor are not likely to survive the rotting of the flesh off the skeleton. The remaining evidence would be the giantism.

That said.... at least some of the giant skeleton pictures have been proven to be hoaxes.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/giant-skeleton.html

In all likelyhood many of the historical/religious giants were metaphorically tall in stature - as in they were men of status, power, strength. - With only a few suffering actual giantism, and others having giantism incorporated into their legends.

However, other material describes them as having a "stature tall among the nations" or as simply being "physically well-built".

Let's think about it. Egyptian hieroglyphs show humans sitting on the laps if giant gods and giant pharoahs. Egyptians were very good at mummification. Wouldn't giant pharoah's have been prime candidates for preservation as they are depicted as wealthy and powerful and having many servants in the hieroglyphs. And yet there are no giant mummies in the British Museum. Just regularly sized icky ones. ICKY! *shudders* I say again. BLECH!

Even if you do believe that a race of giants once walked the Earth, you can rest assured that these photographs do not depict some of their remains. In their original context as part of a Worth1000 contest, the status of the images as purely fictional "archaeological discoveries" is quite clear. Apparently, however, some unknown prankster stole IronKite's image from its original setting, added some seemingly relevant text, and sent it on its way. Perhaps due largely to the talent of its creator, the image has circulated ever since. In due course, others have apparently added more Worth1000 images to the hoax messages.

I don't deny that it's perfectly plausable that there was once a community of humans who shared the malady of giantism. It's believed that there was once a community of humans who shared an abnormality which caused thick hair growth all over their bodies - only a few survive. Abnormal genetic variants becoming prevalent within a single community is not unheard of among plants, animals, or humans. In a world where 30 was a ripe old age the early benefits of giantism may well have outweighed the later health defects.

But they're all human. It's more plausable that these humans were demonized for the purposes of assuring the populus that they were on the morally right side of warfare. By thinking of them as not human it becomes okay to massacre them, even a reason to massacre them.

And radiation is only used as an example of one thing that will increase the occurences of birth defects in an area so that the various possibilities are more visible and able to be studied - as opposed to waiting for an otherwise rare natural occurence. Two faced, multi-armed babies do not naturally happen often. If a couple of these pop up, alongside a bunch of cleft lips, backwards limbs, missing parts, enlarged heads....all in one village in the same couple of years... odds are HIGH something is messing with the gene pool. The reason I suggest you look into some of these defects is I think you'd be surprised at the variety of what human beings can and have looked like - and perhaps begin to compare some of what you see to legends of monsters and deities, or curses and blessings, in various past communities. When the occurences were rare then it certainly must have been easy to deny that these were human - and think that surely a god or demon, or fallen angel, or an elf must have intervened. If it's not human then the human community is absolved of the responsibility of care.

• Amulet locked this topic