Music, Muse And Methods

Michael...

I'd like to address myself to you as a musician. I'm not. I'm a perfectionist. I play guitar and know how to sing, among many other learned musician trates, but I believe that these things are required to be a musician along with that feeling inspired by a musing. Be that whatever you may call it.

Truly, what can be called a musician? I know dumb kids without talent or knowledge whom have dubbed themselves this labble as if they could.

Music sooths the savage beast it is said. Should this be considered as a requirement to being a musician?

So I started this thread in hopes that some other musicians or musically inclined people might have a place to discuss Music Theory and/or all else that pertains.

music is much like ministry in that anyone who claims to be so, can be so, as long as they can do the job then they have the "right" to call themselves such. Oh, sure, there is always going to be the debate about whether or not they are a "real" musician, or minister, or both, but the truth is, if they can make music that people will listen to, then they can call themselves a musician. If they can do the job of a minister of the Universal life Church, then they are in fact a "real" minister..../end rant/

now..as to the serious discussion..what tuning(s) do you use?

Edited by Ravenstrikes