Passover

RabbiO

My friends,

Tonight begins the festival of Pesach, Passover.

חג שמח

פסח שמח

May all who celebrate this holiday of freedom do so in peace and, joy. May all who celebrate be surrounded by those whom they love.

B'shalom,

Peter

Edited by RabbiO

Not to rain on your parade, but isn't this the day that God killed a bunch of Egyptian babies? Shouldn't this be a day of mourning?

Unfortunately only Fawzo has rabbinical authorization to be my personal gadfly. It would upset the natural order of the universe to allow you to usurp the authority given to him by this benevolent Steeler fan. Given however that you have only beaten him to the punch, I will post a reply in a few days.

The next two days are sacred time and place in Judaism and I will not be posting until after then.

Unfortunately only Fawzo has rabbinical authorization to be my personal gadfly. It would upset the natural order of the universe to allow you to usurp the authority given to him by this benevolent Steeler fan. Given however that you have only beaten him to the punch, I will post a reply in a few days.

The next two days are sacred time and place in Judaism and I will not be posting until after then.

lol I was laughing to myself and thinking that sounds like something I would post when I read Etherman's post.

However I personally don't feel like G_d killed anyone in this instance and it does seem plausible to me that a bacteria had grown in the grain supply from all the plagues and deaths brought about by volcanic activity, and as the first born male in Egyptian families would have been given a double serving they would have gottten it worse than most. The Hebrews who would have gotten little if any grain from the storehouses would have had little to worry about.

Have a great Passover RabbiO, Silver Rose, Jewtonium and rest of our Hebrew friends.

Edited by Fawzo

• Amulet locked this topic