The Universal Law Of Attraction

Does it work  

27 members have voted

1. 1. are you aware of the Law of attraction?

• Yes
    • No
    • No- but maybe I have felt something
  2. 2. Do you believe you have total control over every one of your life experiences?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its possible but how is that possible
    • No I only have a limited control
  3. 3. can you open your mind to the possibility of total control?

• Yes
    • No
    • where does my creator fit in all this

I assumed it was from Heinlein..... 1961... stranger in a strange land ... the original term perhaps ? ......

( of course i understood your usage nesty, as well spoken as always...)

that would be a reference to stranger in a strange land too, wouldn't you think??

I think it was already a word before Heinlien used it. But, "Stranger in a Strange Land" certainly brought it into mass consciousness.

"Grock a pint?"<== (get ya arrested in England now. Breathalizer shows over the limit.) :cheers:

Yet another use of the word: "Dem Irish Bishops are a buncha groks!"

I guess its not supposed to have a "c" in it. Texas spelling versus British. heheheh

namaste

Edited by nestingwave

The Oxford English Dictionary defines grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment." Other forms of the word include "groks" (present third person singular), "grokked" (past participle) and "grokking" (present participle).

In an ideological context, a grokked concept becomes part of the person who contributes to its evolution by improving the doctrine, perpetuating the myth, espousing the belief, adding detail to the social plan, refining the idea or proofing the theory.

ok.... im done being hard-headed...... :lol:

The Oxford English Dictionary defines grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment." Other forms of the word include "groks" (present third person singular), "grokked" (past participle) and "grokking" (present participle).

In an ideological context, a grokked concept becomes part of the person who contributes to its evolution by improving the doctrine, perpetuating the myth, espousing the belief, adding detail to the social plan, refining the idea or proofing the theory.

ok.... im done being hard-headed...... :lol:

:lol: But thanks for the cognitive stimulation. It's a grokkin' shapeshifter!

namaste

Jus meditate on de tip o yer gnose to scent out de grok--but lay off de grog lest ya go down in SMAUG fog--bad for frogs in concert and techie Nostafarites. :wacko: Oh well, every production needs a villian to keep things interestin'.

namaste

youre killen me here..... now i gotta reread heinlein and tolkien ??

awwww , man and I have a reading list four months long........

:blink:

• Amulet locked this topic