Energeic Healing

Energetic Healing  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Energetic Healing Works

Hi everyone,

I am late to this conversation, but I voted yes. I am a Komyo Reiki shihan (master-teacher) and have been praticing Reiki for five years, so I will admit I am somewhat biased :) . My "religion" is Spiritualism, and I am a medium who works with spirit guides. Over the years I have performed both in person and distant healings with positive results.

Edited by Spiritualist Medium
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am late to this conversation, but I voted yes. I am a Komyo Reiki shihan (master-teacher) and have been praticing Reiki for five years, so I will admit I am somewhat biased :) . My "religion" is Spiritualism, and I am a medium who works with spirit guides. Over the years I have performed both in person and distant healings with positive results.

Welcome Spiritualist Medium. What would you like to add to help us all understand this phenomena of energetic healing a little better?

namaste

Hi Nestingwave,

Many things have already been touched upon in this thread. I believe that the energy comes from the same divine source, which I call Spirit, which some call God, etc. I believe that the healer is a conduit for the healing energy, a channel, and is not generating the energy him or herself. (As beings of Spirit ourselves, we do have personal energy, but this is not what most healers access. A healer who relies solely on their own energy would be quickly drained and weakened themselves.) I believe that a healer perfects his or her own soul by the act of healing others. For example, one of the goals of Komyo Reiki is for the Reiki master to achieve satori, to experience enlightenment, through the practice of Reiki. I believe that those who were healers in the past (previous existences) are destined to become healers in this life and in future existences (unless someone were to consciously and forcefully reject it; we do still have free will). Just my 2 cents.

I've been watching the discussion and enjoying it.

I'd like if you guys could send me any positive energy you can spare to keep to keep me strong while shoveling even more snow during the latest blizzard. I'm drained and stressed to the max even after hours of meditating to restore my sanity or little that is left.

I lost it this morning and got angry with the older females in the house and told them they should be out there making snow igloos for the homeless instead of talking about how cool it was that they were dumping salt laden snow into the Inner Harbor.

I'd like if you guys could send me any positive energy you can spare to keep to keep me strong while shoveling even more snow during the latest blizzard. I'm drained and stressed to the max even after hours of meditating to restore my sanity or little that is left.

I lost it this morning and got angry with the older females in the house and told them they should be out there making snow igloos for the homeless instead of talking about how cool it was that they were dumping salt laden snow into the Inner Harbor.

Hi Fawzo,

Okay, when I finish this post I will be tuning into you with a bundle of comfort.

namaste

A lil late here, but I'll be assisting at 3:00 PM.....

same time zone fawzo...

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Thanks guys!

We broke the all time record for total snowfall for Maryland in one year since they have been recording such things back in the late 1800's and we still have 39 days left for the season with another big storm due Monday. I don't know how those folks put up with this stuff up in the mountains and near the Great Lakes every year.

I'm feeling better already..THANKS AGAIN!!!

Thanks guys!

We broke the all time record for total snowfall for Maryland in one year since they have been recording such things back in the late 1800's and we still have 39 days left for the season with another big storm due Monday. I don't know how those folks put up with this stuff up in the mountains and near the Great Lakes every year.

I'm feeling better already..THANKS AGAIN!!!

You are welcome, brother. Well, at least there was a... uh.... pause in Washington D.C. A moment to... consider?

namaste

I remember the first time I woke to four foot of snow against my sliding door when I lived in Maine... It was surreal and made worse by the arrival of a half dozen friends by way of snowmobile...

Didn't slow those folks down a bit...... as a matter of fact, their first instinct was " hey, man lets go snowboarding ! ".... but i had to work....... and was supposed to be on time.....

:wacko:

it was the perfect timing to have six friends there tho... they dug me out....

I too have been following this post with interest and would love to jump in

my first real, eyes open and aware, experience with an alternative form of healing came via a dear friend and co-worker, an OT and a Reiki Master

I had cut my palm pretty badly (a freak home improvement accident, everyone knows, chicks with power tools can be very dangerous)

the stitches had just been removed, and we just happened to be in the office together

within a few moments, having healing offered and accepted, she uncovered my palm and did her thing

following, there was no discomfort or pain, and no scarring, no pain meds of any kind needed and despite eleven stitches on the outer layer and six or more subdural, I'd challenge anyone to find an appropriate scar

I'll add that though I heal pretty quickly as a rule, this was different

I should perhaps mention too, that Sarah, the healer, was already dear to me, and I trusted her implicitly

and now I am a humble level one healer - atuned by a master and able to enjoy the gift of having worked with her and the children for more than five years

I did say it was magical, and if I didn't, it was

I really don't get to use it the way I used to - in Early Intervention Home Based Services - and I miss my little medically fragile heros

well, then, lovely all the good you guys are putting out there :coffee:

* and say it ain't so - dumping toxic snow in the harbor!

Are there some items or types of energies which are more important to Reiki than others. Like Minerals and Crystals, sounds, vibrations such as tuning forks and music, thermals or is it more a case of whatever the practitioner and patient are most comfortable using to help them focus their minds?

I too have been following this post with interest and would love to jump in

Great. Thanks for jumping in.

my first real, eyes open and aware, experience with an alternative form of healing came via a dear friend and co-worker, an OT and a Reiki Master

I had cut my palm pretty badly (a freak home improvement accident, everyone knows, chicks with power tools can be very dangerous)

guys can too. My friend's shop teacher in high school cut off a finger in the table saw while demonstrating "safety" to the class. My friend refused to ever use power tools after that.

the stitches had just been removed, and we just happened to be in the office together

within a few moments, having healing offered and accepted, she uncovered my palm and did her thing

yeah, the "acceptance" part is very important because an energetic interface between healer and healee becomes well established. Of course, our bodies are capable of healing themselves but that interface with the loving concern of another encourages that to happen.
following, there was no discomfort or pain, and no scarring, no pain meds of any kind needed and despite eleven stitches on the outer layer and six or more subdural, I'd challenge anyone to find an appropriate scar

after that many stiches, no scaring is phenomenal.

I'll add that though I heal pretty quickly as a rule, this was different

I should perhaps mention too, that Sarah, the healer, was already dear to me, and I trusted her implicitly

thus, a very strong interface and boost.
and now I am a humble level one healer - atuned by a master and able to enjoy the gift of having worked with her and the children for more than five years

I did say it was magical, and if I didn't, it was

I really don't get to use it the way I used to - in Early Intervention Home Based Services - and I miss my little medically fragile heros

well, then, lovely all the good you guys are putting out there :coffee:

* and say it ain't so - dumping toxic snow in the harbor!

thumbsup%281%29.gif Welcome and thanks for your story Ministermom.

namaste

Are there some items or types of energies which are more important to Reiki than others. Like Minerals and Crystals, sounds, vibrations such as tuning forks and music, thermals or is it more a case of whatever the practitioner and patient are most comfortable using to help them focus their minds?

thumbsup%281%29.gif Very good question.

namaste

In Reiki you are using the " base " energy. The energy which is in everything, even the very ether around us.

A Reiki practioner is not taught the usage of other energies.... T'would be redundant, all othere energies are different frequencies of the original source. All can be accomplished with the base energy, and it helps take the desire to direct those energies out of the equation... In Reiki you are just a conduit, taught basic techniques to focus your intention only.. The helpful practitioner does NOT direct the energies, and allows the healing to happen in the manner which aligns the healing with the soul's best and highest good..

Some folks use the natural energy handling abilities of some minerals and other substances to direct certain frequencies ( with a more focussed range of effect )to specific areas for specific effects....

For example, just a quick look at the most beneficial minerals from my experience with healing...

Hematite - though I do not use it for the actual healing, it grounds me when I am handling the energies... and helps me channel more energy.

Selenite - the exact opposite from Hematite. Acts like an antennae for energy when I am feeling low in energy or fuzzyheaded for whatever reason.

I mention these two specifically because most energy workers can immediately feel the effect from both. With hematite in your secondary hand and selenite in your primary hand, begin to channel energies and see what happens.... feels like you are plugged into an outlet....

so fawzo, yes minerals and such are used by energy healers - not necessarily Reiki practitioners... - and they ( with a few exceptions ) act as a filter to achieve a certain frequency of energies... used as most folks use them today - very few effects are realized. One must realize that the Healer is not supposed to be directing the energies to specific effect... There are few indeed who can see enough to do what is in the highest and best interest for the healee.... there just isn't the perspective to know what that is... Energy handlers ( minerals and substances )are best kept to a support role - boosting energy, grounding, increased communication with healers who are assisting from the other side of the veil, etc...

it is rarely in one's best interest to simply flood them with very specific frequencies of energy - goes from helping to encouraging all types of peculiar effects....

not to say there is not a use for energy handlers, but generally speaking, for what they do ( read: are used for ) - colored glass would work as well....

In Reiki you are using the " base " energy. The energy which is in everything, even the very ether around us.

A Reiki practioner is not taught the usage of other energies.... T'would be redundant, all othere energies are different frequencies of the original source. All can be accomplished with the base energy, and it helps take the desire to direct those energies out of the equation... In Reiki you are just a conduit, taught basic techniques to focus your intention only.. The helpful practitioner does NOT direct the energies, and allows the healing to happen in the manner which aligns the healing with the soul's best and highest good..

Some folks use the natural energy handling abilities of some minerals and other substances to direct certain frequencies ( with a more focussed range of effect )to specific areas for specific effects....

For example, just a quick look at the most beneficial minerals from my experience with healing...

Hematite - though I do not use it for the actual healing, it grounds me when I am handling the energies... and helps me channel more energy.

Selenite - the exact opposite from Hematite. Acts like an antennae for energy when I am feeling low in energy or fuzzyheaded for whatever reason.

I mention these two specifically because most energy workers can immediately feel the effect from both. With hematite in your secondary hand and selenite in your primary hand, begin to channel energies and see what happens.... feels like you are plugged into an outlet....

so fawzo, yes minerals and such are used by energy healers - not necessarily Reiki practitioners... - and they ( with a few exceptions ) act as a filter to achieve a certain frequency of energies... used as most folks use them today - very few effects are realized. One must realize that the Healer is not supposed to be directing the energies to specific effect... There are few indeed who can see enough to do what is in the highest and best interest for the healee.... there just isn't the perspective to know what that is... Energy handlers ( minerals and substances )are best kept to a support role - boosting energy, grounding, increased communication with healers who are assisting from the other side of the veil, etc...

it is rarely in one's best interest to simply flood them with very specific frequencies of energy - goes from helping to encouraging all types of peculiar effects....

not to say there is not a use for energy handlers, but generally speaking, for what they do ( read: are used for ) - colored glass would work as well....

I'll have to try the hematite and selenite handling you mentioned. I just wish my selenite didn't weigh about 8 lbs. I have a rather large mineral collection with a little of everything. Even a humungous Melody's Super Seven.

:) Very well said. I will use the term, "Universal Energy."

Unlike EM, this energy is non-local--completely outside of time and space. However, the focus of intention is an EM carrier wave that indicates where the non-local energy is to be concentrated and manifest healing. An energetic healer is not healing through EM. The basic energy of the Universe accomplishes that since it also exists within all cellular structure as well as everywhere else. Our bodies draw upon this non-local energy all the time anyway for life itself but it is usually not consciously focused as in the case of healer/healee. One of the primary things noticed early on about this Universal Energy Field is that it can indeed be compressed, focused, concentrated and consciously directed.

In one sense, all the healer is doing is reminding and inducing the physical cells to relax and allow a "vacuum sink" of the non-local Universal Energy. The cells themselves know intuitively how to transduce the Universal Energy into the various EM formats necessary and, thus, how to properly organize it for the highest good. It is a natural process which the healer only focuses and vectors through his intention and methods, such as the use of crystals, laying on of hands or whatever. Some use symbols or rituals to facilitate this focused reminder. The American Indian Medicine Men often move an eagle feather over the body of the afflicted or have a drum beating in the background. Such methods are the individual selection of the healer. Whatever works for them due to their own personal belief system as to what is effective or what has proven effetive to them before. Some use chanting or SOUNDS and some use HERBS. All of those things act as lenses to focus this Universal Energy and ALLOW healing to occur.

Of course, any person can learn to do this themselves and all are capable of it, since it is not in any way esoteric methodology but the involking of the Universal Energy by a wide variety of methods that individual healers use, some simply call upon the name of the Lord. But the energy which actually induces the healing is the Source energy out of which all other energy (such as EM) emerges and heads off in its many discreetions to have its various effects--the details which are not necessary to know nor be concerned about if the intention is strong, well focused and pure.

Historically, the laying on of hands has been the most commonly used methodology, even when accompanied by other items of focus such as crystals, chanting, herbs, vocal prayers or whatever. The palms of the hands and the souls of the feet are of specialized cellular sensitivity and can more readily sense magnetic fields. A cyrstal held in the hands AMPLIFIES this natural capability and also acts as a connective grounding for the healer---to keep his consciousness from straying too far away from the upward nourishment of this Universal Energy from Mother Earth. The Universal Energy has been compared to WATER and like hydrolics, it can be compressed, concentrated and vectored through intention. The physical cells themselves TRANSDUCE this non-local energy into EM energy. Thus, the body often tingles.

namaste

I'll have to try the hematite and selenite handling you mentioned. I just wish my selenite didn't weigh about 8 lbs. I have a rather large mineral collection with a little of everything. Even a humungous Melody's Super Seven.

Here's another for the rock hound.... A nice, fair sized, base crystal.... hold it under running water for a few minutes ( tap water is fine ) then set it in the sun for a few days.... when you meditate and have reached your spiritual calm, offer energy to your base crystal.... do this on a regular basis and keep the crystal in a good place ( most feel there should be a dedicated spot in your house for meditation and perhaps setting up a small physical representation of a prayer corner ).

When you are low on energy or stressed for whatever reason, get your base crystal out and set quietly with it in your lap.... Crystals are batteries, and whatever you put into them is available for retreival.... but like a cell phone battery they have a memory, and the more you use it the more potent it will become....

Running water will cleanse any mineral and sunlight will as well... think of that process like erasing any data on the crystal before you upload your own info.... :thumbu:

8 pounds !?! Gee whiz... prolly the equivalent of a radio telescope....... the one i use is about 8 inches long and 1/2 inch thick... and i use magnetized hematite... its more effective...

• Amulet locked this topic