Going To Marry Brother

melissa11498

My question is...I'm going to marry my brother and his fiance in June. She is from Australia and is going to be coming to the USA to live permanently. Once here she will be filing all the paperwork. During that time my brother will be getting a fiance visa for her. They will have 90 days I believe to get married. Is there anything extra or anything special I would need to do when marrying them? They will be getting married here in NC where Im at,due to my husband in the USAF I will not be able to travel to WV.

Thanks and God Bless

Rev.Melissa

• Administrator

while there should be no additional paperwork for you, as the officiant, to fill out, it's always a good idea to contact the clerk of the county in the area where the wedding would be performed.

You may also want to check on residency requirements, since the wedding will take place in NC, instead of where they are going to live, in WV.

Is there anything extra or anything special I would need to do when marrying them?

You'll need to perform the ceremony in a way that she'll understand. Perhaps something like this: G'day chick, do you take this bloke to be your husband?

Hey, just kidding.

Edited by Verisoph

Had to laugh about that one! Yeah she comes off with some pretty funny things. Might have to throw that one in for some humor. They are both so far from traditional vows. LOL

You'll need to perform the ceremony in a way that she'll understand. Perhaps something like this: G'day chick, do you take this bloke to be your husband?

Hey, just kidding.

Thanks for the info.

while there should be no additional paperwork for you, as the officiant, to fill out, it's always a good idea to contact the clerk of the county in the area where the wedding would be performed.

You may also want to check on residency requirements, since the wedding will take place in NC, instead of where they are going to live, in WV.

Hi

It is always a good idea to check with the clerk of courts. I have a friend who wanted me to perform a wedding ceremony here in Pa. where I live. The clerk of courts gave them a hard time because she was from Ohio and the groom was from England. It turned out to be easier for them to be married in Ohio. The clerk of courts wanted to meet the minister who was doing the service. I don't know what difference that made. I am in Pa. but live very close to the Ohio line.

Good Luck

jba

• 3 weeks later...