~ Mantras...

~ Do you have certain words that focus or enlighten you?

Please share! wub.gif

Enlighten me no ..... make me focus more on my oneness with all things yes.

A good resounding AUM after hitting my gong and also a "Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō " with the the last o resonating into an AUM after hitting my gong.

When I'm not at home one of the machines at work sounds like a gong when I hit it with the side of a broom and I occasionally give it a good rap three times and chant much to the dismay of my Christian co-workers :)

Fawzo I'd probably join you.

LOL It wouldn't matter to me if I drove people nuts, I do that all the time. Comes from being "hyperactive" now a days known as ADHD. LOL It used to drive my ex nuts that I spoke to plants and animals. Actually, I think it embarrassed him, but if he didn't like it he shouldn't have married me.

Words I use to focus and or enlighten:

"I can stick this out..."

"I can finish this job..."

"Imagine how wonderful this will be when it's complete..."

Oh, you meant the other kind of focus.

"Hey, you up there...."

"Grandfathers/Auka I need to talk..."

"Grandfathers/Auka I need advice..."

"Come on guys talk to me..."

"Hey, you guys talk to me..."

If I feel a psychic nudge - "Hmm?" or "Hey, where have you/you guys been?"

I know none of that sounds very brilliant, but it works for me. I talk to everyone like they're here in human incarnation, and since they're all family I'm very informal. Grandpa Mogg always said "There's no one better, or mightier than you." This doesn't mean that someone isn't more experienced than me though, and that's why one asks for advice. Sometimes it's just nice to feel the ancestors around you, especially when meditating and/or praying.

I use AUM (OM) a lot, At the beginning of prayers. At the end of prayers I like to say "OM, Shantih, Shantih, Shantih, OM" (OM Peace, Peace, Peace, OM!).

Saying Mantras is at the heart of my spiritual practice. Even when I am just sitting and doing nothing I will repeat the Mantra Hong Sau: inhaling I will mentally chant Hong, and exhaling I will mentally chant Sau. Some turn this Mantra around: inhaling they will mentally chant Sau, and exhaling they will chant Hong. It does not matter which way you do it just don't force your breathing. This mantra centers your mind and brings serenity.

"Hong Sau" simply means "I am."

Have fun! :)

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

Edited by emalpaiz

I say "this is the best ___ all day" pretty often. So let's say I'm in morning traffic, instead of letting it get me down, I could say "this is the best traffic I've been in all day!" and laugh about it. Of course, if I only use it for blah experiences it loses it's magic, so I also use it for wonderful things. I can really "recharge" the phrase if I use it on an experience that is not only the best of that day but the best ever =)

I say "this is the best ___ all day" pretty often. So let's say I'm in morning traffic, instead of letting it get me down, I could say "this is the best traffic I've been in all day!" and laugh about it. Of course, if I only use it for blah experiences it loses it's magic, so I also use it for wonderful things. I can really "recharge" the phrase if I use it on an experience that is not only the best of that day but the best ever =)

That's nice - I might borrow that!

I like the catch phrase of a radio character who was on before I was born - but my parents, and most people of their generation, used it so much I seem to have grown up with it.

"It's being so cheerful wot keeps me goin'."

This was a great hit during the war, and often used by the plucky Brits in the blitz...

• 4 weeks later...

"Live each day as if it is my last."

I forget it all too often....

A good resounding AUM after hitting my gong and also a "Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō " with the the last o resonating into an AUM after hitting my gong.

Seriously?

Interesting....

I dig it.

• Amulet locked this topic