Accredited By The Religious Body?

Dakini

This is for the state of Connecticut, but I saw online that many states have the same wording in their statutes.

I have two questions:

1. Would anyone tell me what this means: "accredited by the religious body"

2. Is Universal Life Church considered "accredited by the religious body?"

I am planning to do Pastoral Counseling. I just got my certificate in Pastoral Counseling, after getting a Master's degree in Clinical Counseling. One can offer Pastoral Counseling w/o a license in Connecticut with ordination, but one must adhere to specific rules, like:

© No license as a professional counselor shall be required of the following: 2) a clergyman, priest, minister, rabbi or practitioner of any religious denomination accredited by the religious body to which the person belongs and settled in the work of the ministry, provided the activities that would otherwise require a license as a professional counselor are within the scope of ministerial duties;

Here is the link to the longer statute.

Any help to clear this up would be much appreciated. If ULC is "accredited," it might help to have this stated on the website.

Thanks!

I have two questions:

{snip}

© No license as a professional counselor shall be required of the following: 2) a clergyman, priest, minister, rabbi or practitioner of any religious denomination accredited by the religious body to which the person belongs and settled in the work of the ministry,

{snip}

Any help to clear this up would be much appreciated. If ULC is "accredited," it might help to have this stated on the website.

Thanks!

I believe your confusion must be due to a misinterpretation of the text...

The "religious body" to do the accrediting accredits the "clergyman, priest, minister, rabbi, or practitioner of (a) religious denomination."

ULC is a religious body. The wording is apparently very specifically avoiding limiting the term to "denomination" or to any type of "religious body" that has to be defined by statute (anything else would be unconstitutional) and not specifically limited to any specific term ("clergyman, priest, minister, rabbi, or any practitioner of any religious denomination").

You are a clergy(person), minister, or practitioner of a religious denomination (or "body"), yes?

You are ordained (i.e., accredited by) said religious body, yes?

Then, you are a "clergyman, minister, or practitioner of a religious denomination" who has been "accredited by the religious body."

And, yes, the ULC is a legitimate religious body. Why would you seek ordination in it if you did not believe it to be so?

No American would want to believe that any religious body would be subject to accreditation, would we? Who would do the accrediting? Generally, for a government (even of a state) to require any kind of accrediting of a religious organization would be unconstitutional, anyway!

thumbsup%281%29.gif

Edited by Rev DO

No American would want to believe that any religious body would be subject to accreditation, would we? Who would do the accrediting? Generally, for a government (even of a state) to require any kind of accrediting of a religious organization would be unconstitutional, anyway!

Check out the DoD Chaplain Programs.

have faith

we are twenty six million by your side

you are "accredited"

my suggestion, write a course in your discipline submit it to the seminary take it and pass it.

in the mean time simply tell the public you have a calling and are a believer, student and a servant.

I might know how you feel.

people give out titles to each other.

our church is no exception, we recognize a calling and ordain

that is all the accreditation you need

it stands up because our church stands up

honour system as it were,

live up to it and it will serve you well

Check out the DoD Chaplain Programs.

Is that the exception that proves the rule?

DoD marches to its own drummer. Most of the UCMJ would be unconstitutional if asserted in civilian life, but those who enlist are free to waive their rights, I suppose.

Thank Providence, and the founding fathers, for the principals of the posse comitatis act. At least until the administration declares marhsall law (or will a declared state of "emergency" suffice?) the rest of us civilians are not subject to government approval (and accreditation?) of our religious beliefs and practices.

This is for the state of Connecticut, but I saw online that many states have the same wording in their statutes.

I have two questions:

I am planning to do Pastoral Counseling. I just got my certificate in Pastoral Counseling, after getting a Master's degree in Clinical Counseling. One can offer Pastoral Counseling w/o a license in Connecticut with ordination, but one must adhere to specific rules, like:

© No license as a professional counselor shall be required of the following: 2) a clergyman, priest, minister, rabbi or practitioner of any religious denomination accredited by the religious body to which the person belongs and settled in the work of the ministry, provided the activities that would otherwise require a license as a professional counselor are within the scope of ministerial duties;

Here is the link to the longer statute.

Thanks!

ULC is an accredited religious organization. Your ordination certificate should be sufficient if they require credentials. If your state requires more formal documentation I believe that is available from the ULC website.