What Not To Read

I get the feeling the blogger is about 12 years old. Most of these so-called "awful" books are simply older - they reflect the times they were written in.

They might as well have chosen the Bible and made fun of that.

Except that most copies are always stolen.

I get the feeling the blogger is about 12 years old. Most of these so-called "awful" books are simply older - they reflect the times they were written in.

Well the books themselves may not be awful - it's the titles and the cover designs, mainly.

It's true that old fashioned things can look quite funny from the perspective of today. And some things (I'm glad to say) look awful.

They might as well have chosen the Bible and made fun of that.

[/ quote]

Seriously?

- let's see - a book that forms the basis of a world religion, and believed by some of its followers to be either the direct word of God or at least divinely inspired (such as The Bible, The Koran, The Bhagavad Gita....)

or - a book on interior decorating published in the 1960's with an amusingly naff cover photos

And making fun of them would be comparable???

I can't decide which is a funnier title, Knitting With Dog Hair or Dissection Guide for the Cat (and Selected Sheep Organs)

But, really, the comment about the blurb on the back of that one book...

1. “Can you resolve the conflicts between your role as an upwardly mobile career woman and that of wife, mother, or normal woman?” What do they mean “or” and what do they mean by “normal woman”?

Priceless.

Edited by `; `; `; `; `; `; `; `; `;

I can't decide which is a funnier title, Knitting With Dog Hair or Dissection Guide for the Cat (and Selected Sheep

I met someone a couple of years ago who had the shaggiest dog I have ever seen.

I commented on this and she said she had knitted a waistcoat from his sheddings... so it can be done!