Current Mood

Stormson

Interesting observations, Raven...

but this will surprise you (I think)...

Santo & Johnny are actually from the era BEFORE surfing caught on nationally as a music genre...they are from the "slow dance" era.

Actually, of these two groups, it was THE VENTURES that pioneered Surfing music...listen to this classic version of WIPEOUT:

Or....if you have REALLY GOOD WOOFERS....

This later recording of THE VENTURES doing PIPELINE:

Enjoy!

great music there Hexalpa!

I was actually lumping both the Ventures version and Santo and Johnny's version in as one when I said the "older song" of sleepwalk. Yes I do have excellent woofers!

todays offering is one by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils -

"there is a road..to glory, somehow hidden in the past....behind the gold, behind the treasure, behind the mask..""

Edited by Ravenstrikes

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and one more if you don't mind, this song took me a while to find, because I couldn't remember the title properly...anyway, it speaks of the connection between the audience and the band...perhaps some of the old timers will spot this one...

Raven, after listening to You are the Music,

I think you may like: John Mayall Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton - Steppin' Out (cover)

you stung me with that one...although I've now learned how to play it, b e careful, you might be creating a monster. :)

I do like clean guitar..... but I like nearly everything....

this may not be to your taste, but man, This Woman's voice gives me chills....

or

or this one

I don't care what you say.... by yourself.... doin dishes.... you WILL find yourself thinkin bout this chick..... she's freaky, but there's SOMETHING about her.....

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

This may be my last post in this for (hopefully) short time... So I had better make it good! ;)

Live every day knowing that it is the TIME to celebrate... For tomorrow we all may die.

Stand and fight my brothers and sisters... NEVER forget to live by you're hearts...

And build a fire... A thousand miles away... To light my long way home..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5lrL0mzlYg

Build a fire a thousand miles away to light my long way home

I ride a comet

My trail is long to stay

Silence is a heavy stone...

I fight the world and take all they can give

There are times my heart hangs low

Born to walk against the wind

Born to hear my name

No matter where I stand I'm alone

Stand and fight

Live by your heart

Always one more try

I'm not afraid to die

Stand and fight

say what you feel

Born with a heart of steel

Burn the bridge behind you

Leave no retreat

There's only one way home

Those who laugh and crowd the path

And cut each other's throats

Will fall like melting snow

They'll watch us rise with fire in our eyes

They'll bow their heads

Their hearts will hang low

Then we'll laugh and they will kneel

And know this heart of steel was

Too hard to break

Too hard to hold

Stand and fight

Live by your heart

Always one more try

I'm not afraid to die

Stand and fight

Say what you feel

born with a heart of steel

this one is (as the old Cajun chef would say) "Guaranteed". I've been playing too much old stuff, this Creed really gets the ladies going. I've gotta rethink things.

Im gonna get some cd's out and refamiliarize myself with them... post a few more for our axe man....

lord, i hope you've not missed this...

( warning: ...... it contains harsh language)

or the guitar in this.....

put the ladies in a trance.... :inno: ( make plenty of eye contact while pounding out THAT rhythm.... ;) ) Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Raven, after listening to You are the Music,

I think you may like: John Mayall Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton - Steppin' Out (cover)

Is that you playing? It is very good. Perfect. Almost too perfect though, in that its a little "mechanical", needs a little more soul. I never play anything perfect, but I am very selective about my equipment, because its gots to have "tone" and "soul". I'll get some stuff up here soon, when I get my recording equipment setup again. I still use the same 1969 Kustom 200 that I've been using since I was 20 (I'll turn 40 this October). I sold the towers years ago, but kept the head, which I now run through a 20" woofer and a 12" Leslie speaker, courtesy of my 1968 Thomas transistor double keyboard organ, as well as a few P.A. cabinets from radio shack and a homemade monitor cabinet.

Behold the Kustom in all its glory!

Mine would be the one to the far left. The towers weighed a ton and were rather impracticable; wouldn't fit in a car, you needed a one ton truck to haul them around, but they sure looked cool!

post-12988-12697956236972.jpg

Edited by Ravenstrikes

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic