Current Mood

Stormson

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course, even in the "simpler time" things seemed complicated enough,...and the good 'ol days were never that good, and the future ain't as bad it seems...IMO

Thats cos "This aint the summer of love"... ;)

ƾ BOC ƾ

Edited by Stormson

• 2 weeks later...

ok, first apologies to all in NYC and Texas and BOC fans everywhere for my screw-up;- shows you what a BOC fan I really am (not)..but they are two very different words, and Long Island a world of its own.

my current mood is Sleepwalk by White Witch..they're out of Florida; Tampa I think.

I feel like I'm from a "different planet"

Here is my fav version of SLEEPWALK by Santo & Johnny (1959)

or THE VENTURES version:

Edited by Hexalpa

I feel like I'm from a "different planet"

Here is my fav version of SLEEPWALK by Santo & Johnny (1959)

or THE VENTURES version:

both are beutiful songs, one being much more famous than the other of course. The older song being more what I would call "surfer" music, and the newer being more "hippy trippy". I would also say that the White Witch version is more "outside the box". Although they released only two albums, they were rule breakers and not afraid to be "weird", they helped pave the way for the many androgynous glam fab bands of the 70's and 80's, such as Angel or Mott the Hoople.

both are beutiful songs, one being much more famous than the other of course. The older song being more what I would call "surfer" music, and the newer being more "hippy trippy". I would also say that the White Witch version is more "outside the box". Although they released only two albums, they were rule breakers and not afraid to be "weird", they helped pave the way for the many androgynous glam fab bands of the 70's and 80's, such as Angel or Mott the Hoople.

Interesting observations, Raven...

but this will surprise you (I think)...

Santo & Johnny are actually from the era BEFORE surfing caught on nationally as a music genre...they are from the "slow dance" era.

Actually, of these two groups, it was THE VENTURES that pioneered Surfing music...listen to this classic version of WIPEOUT:

Or....if you have REALLY GOOD WOOFERS....

This later recording of THE VENTURES doing PIPELINE:

Enjoy!

Edited by Hexalpa

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic