Current Mood

Stormson

"Welcome to the family... we are so glad you're here.... we look forward to a long relationship together..... oh, by the way....your new name is #XXXXXXXXXX" (you've been tagged)

Have a cigar.... oh, and they dipped it in cognac...I just have one question, I've turned the envelope inside out and I didn't see a check...I thought a.... well, a must of been a mishap at the office, thats cool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then "casablanca" would come for her...if even poor widdle 'ol me is "tagged" then you know she's got a tracking device on her....I'd rather take on the navy seals, army, airforce, and marines all at once armed with nothing more than a squirt bottle and a feather duster before I would even consider messing with casablanca

I know you were just joking, Bro. Sky ..I wasn't, but I don't draw any water in the biz, you could learn more about it by talking to Micheal Jackson.....I think your statement, as well as a general assesment of your posts...umm, ummmm,....shines a light directly into a mentality which is incompatible with mine. I'm not here to judge you, but I will try with all my might to protect myself from people who think like you. All of this stealing, grabbing, raping for their own good....not my cup of tea, and having been groped and fondled a few times myself, lets just say its a touchy subject for me...pardon the pun.

Edited by Ravenstrikes

"Welcome to the family... we are so glad you're here.... we look forward to a long relationship together..... oh, by the way....your new name is #XXXXXXXXXX"

I could send a lifetime trying to explain my posts here...most of the time even I don't know what thinking... :blink:

but here in this posts, which I wouldn't expect anyone to make sense out of, unless of course, they have signed a biz contract.

It really is like that (no cigar of course, no smoking in office buildings these days). Even if you're just a widdle nobody like me...you get a Number and that number is you. I had my number before I even opened my mail.

No check though, unless your signed through a talent agency or something the checks only come after you produce something that gets royalties or is sold.

I have yet to see a check, hence my little joke.

Years ago, I didn't have any contract and didn't think about it, was interested in playing live because, like most young guys I knew, I really enjoyed playing live, getting the girls attention, and then of curse the party afterwards, had no clue about contracts.

But now I know...I have learned, and my advice to anyone who may be in a similar situation, I to get signed....you can't get any royalties and no one will play your music on the "airwaves" until your get you numbers...furthermore, you work can be stolen (copied without permission) even while its still in the recording phase, so you don't need to wait until you've got a finished product to sign. Matter of fact the royalty company will help to sell your music.

So there you have it, all I know about the biz thus far...all I need know. I'll feel so much more calm and relaxed when we do start recording, I could live in a studio, I love the atmosphere, I love the sound cats, I love it all...it takes me million miles away from the crappy atmosphere I face in my regular life.

Oh, a song, hmmm "Feel like a Number" would be tempting but thats not my mood...how about "Blue bayou" (sorry, no link today)

Edited by Ravenstrikes

Just know I am out here ( along with more of your friends... ), and I read your words, try to get a grasp of what you are sharing, and offer what I may from my own, limited, experience....

Just trying to let you know that this ride is spinning us faster and faster too.... just maybe in a different direction....

as the song says " Lean on us, if you need a hand...." :thumbu:

Just know I am out here ( along with more of your friends... ), and I read your words, try to get a grasp of what you are sharing, and offer what I may from my own, limited, experience....

Just trying to let you know that this ride is spinning us faster and faster too.... just maybe in a different direction....

as the song says " Lean on us, if you need a hand...." :thumbu:

thanks,

I can't wait to start recording... there's tons of inspiration for sure.

I'm sorry about the spinning ride, but I'm afraid only some of that feeling will go away. If you really are feeling my energy, then you will find

that "butterflies in your stomach" , "Alice in Wonderland", kind of feeling just never goes away. If it ever does then I'll leave the biz again.

Thats what folks who really want to be close me have to try to understand. You have to try to understand. There is always "another woman" and theres always a nervous feeling that permeates through everything. I can't help it. Been that way as long as I can remember. Accept it or just walk away, is all can say. :)

thanks,

I can't wait to start recording... there's tons of inspiration for sure.

I'm sorry about the spinning ride, but I'm afraid only some of that feeling will go away. If you really are feeling my energy, then you will find

that "butterflies in your stomach" , "Alice in Wonderland", kind of feeling just never goes away. If it ever does then I'll leave the biz again.

Thats what folks who really want to be close me have to try to understand. You have to try to understand. There is always "another woman" and theres always a nervous feeling that permeates through everything. I can't help it. Been that way as long as I can remember. Accept it or just walk away, is all can say. :)

:)

I

Oh, a song, hmmm "Feel like a Number" would be tempting but thats not my mood...how about "Blue bayou" (sorry, no link today)

well now I'm on a browser that can do youtube..I had to choose between Roy Orbison and Linda Rondstad , both are great..

let me think..

old guy vs hot chic..hmmm

old guy vs hot chic...

I'll go with hot chic... but that just me.....

and hell is the next morning..after a night in the air conditioning you can really feel the sunburn and those sore joints just get stiffer...it'll all go away once I get out there and break a sweat, get moving around again..

100 degree heat? 100 percent humidity? Air pollution, noise pollution, traffic jams, you know its summer in the city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYuVPGmw3D4&feature=related

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic