Current Mood

Stormson

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am a man of constant sorrow" - A true American song, and well performed.

That bluegrass music plucks at my heart, and the Soggy Bottom Boys remind me of folks I once knew in Tennessee.

The movie associated with the song in the video is a funny movie...

edit : the actor is actually singing in the video... the Boys don't much look like that... they're called Union Station

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

You are right hyperreal, this is distinctly American isn't it?

There's something wondrous about watching the grizzled old hard heads that I've known, pick up a fiddle and guitar and make tears run from the eyes of an old woman.... such tender sentiment can come from such hard hearts when they get together to pick.... The Lord works in mysterious ways.... IMO, there is NO gospel like Bluegrass Spiritual....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MzqEvXt4g

You are right hyperreal, this is distinctly American isn't it?

Yes I agree.

Hmm Alison Krauss and Union Station, like that too!

Funny I once imagined a duo recording with the angelic voice of Alison Krauss and the mysterious voice of Norah Jones, their musical worlds are quite different but I think the combination would be smashing.

who knew Whipping Post was dying to be made into a bluegrass/crossover song? LMAO not bad, not bad at all...

ouch, then you reach right into my soul and snatch that tonic song from me.... bad thorn.... bad, bad man.... oooooh, there's power in that song...

When I was young, and reckless, and arrogant as you can imagine.... I used to sing this song for a friend's wife...

I think she thought my life was free and easy... I kept quiet - I let her have that...

but this was me :

LOL AWESOME... !!

Your upset you didn't think of tonic huh :P

Lets just say that one stung a little.... :(

ok thorn... touch this...

( this is taking unfair advantage of the Irish...lol )

one of the comments says: " they dedicated this song to Voldemort? "..... took me a few seconds but I laughed out loud when they dedicated the song to " You know who "....

and the last mettalica I'll post... for now...

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic