Current Mood

Stormson

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I never intended to take over this thread, its just that no one else is posting...and my moods change every day, like anyone else.

Anyway, ....who can argue that Neil Diamond isn't the man? The one ...the only..this song is about Brooklyn..I grew up in Baltimore, but I've been to Brooklyn enough times to know that it's just the same old same old..may I present, for your consideration...

:nerd: Edited by Ravenstrikes

I never intended to take over this thread, its just that no one else is posting...and my moods change every day, like anyone else.

Anyway, ....who can argue that Neil Diamond isn't the man? The one ...the only..this song is about Brooklyn..I grew up in Baltimore, but I've been to Brooklyn enough times to know that it's just the same old same old..may I present, for your consideration...

:nerd:

you keep on Ravenstrikes.... you keep me listening to good music...

I was just thinking that I always knew where to find you, in the current Mood thread with headphones on....

It's nice, kinda makes this place feel like a house...

you know Rev. Rainbow is at his desk coming up with wisdom for the folks...

Fawzo's out in the back yard diggin up bones.... comin up with unusual ideas to get you thinking...

Murph is in the Kitchen feeding the masses, keeping the house running...

Qyros is sitting under a tree out front - kids all around listening to verse...

SimplicitiesBrother headed out the front door with signs for the picketting party.... :D ( why did i just think of Forest Gump - " sorry I ruined your black panther party..."?)

I could go on and on....

It's good to know Ravenstrikes is curled up on the front porch with his head phones on, watching the front door....

and yeah, Neil's the man.... loved him in Family Vacation... ( man, i hope that was him... lol)

you keep on Ravenstrikes.... you keep me listening to good music...

I was just thinking that I always knew where to find you, in the current Mood thread with headphones on....

It's nice, kinda makes this place feel like a house...

you know Rev. Rainbow is at his desk coming up with wisdom for the folks...

Fawzo's out in the back yard diggin up bones.... comin up with unusual ideas to get you thinking...

Murph is in the Kitchen feeding the masses, keeping the house running...

Qyros is sitting under a tree out front - kids all around listening to verse...

SimplicitiesBrother headed out the front door with signs for the picketting party.... :D ( why did i just think of Forest Gump - " sorry I ruined your black panther party..."?)

I could go on and on....

It's good to know Ravenstrikes is curled up on the front porch with his head phones on, watching the front door....

and yeah, Neil's the man.... loved him in Family Vacation... ( man, i hope that was him... lol)

Thank you Sir!...I have no idea about the movie, never watched it...but still worth saying again..Neil Diamond is the Man..so many great songs...and you should be able see by now that I listen to all kinds of music, because it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go round... :king:

allrighty then....a friend of a friend sent me this one ....

I'm always searching for good local talent, and this one has some great pictures of Baltimore. I can't think of any other video describes Baltimore any better...sure, he's no Niel Diamond but he's certainly got talent. Maybe buy his CD, help the guy out? I didn't grow up in Highlandtown, I grew up on 33rd street. Baltimore, like New York, is really a group of little boroughs with their own names and identities..for example Fells Point, Mount Washington, Hamilton, and of course Highlandtown.

Perhaps some one else will post a video that describes where they live? That might be fun.

"the wind and wires made a tattle tale sound as the waves broke over the railing, and every man knew as the Captain did too, twas the Witch of November come stealin' "

in the the last contact with the Fitzgerald, shortly after 7pm, the Captain said he was "holding his own". There are many versions on youtube, I choose this one because it includes the news broadcast and radio overdubs of the searchers.

Not sure why this song seems so relevant to me now. :unsure:

"the wind and wires made a tattle tale sound

as the waves broke over the railing,

and every man knew as the Captain did too,

twas the Witch of November come stealin' "

Not sure why this song seems so relevant to me now. :unsure:

I have loved this song

since the very first time I heard it...

mid 1970s if I remeber correctly.

Edited by Hexalpa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...and though I see The Connection; though I see I don't stare...though I see I don't stare...

...and when I'm lost in my direction - one foot follows the other, the other foot follows something new...

Great band out Vermont, seen them a few times back the early '90s, back when I used to get out and about..:)

err..um...I have been out a bit lately, ha!

Edited by Ravenstrikes

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know... I stood against the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq from the very beginning.. From BEFORE the beginning in fact.... And I paid one HELL of a price for that small bit of rationality...

But the Taliban???

%^&* em!!!

Good morning Afghanistan... Can Osama come out and play???

Let the bodies hit the floor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBTVstxv0EM

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic