Thanks To Ulc

About two years ago, my youngest sister was planning on getting married. During the planning phase, I had hoped that she would choose me to "give her away". Both our mother and our father had passed away, and I wanted someone from her family to be there for her. She never got back with me, and as she was on the west coast (and I was on the east), coordinating times when we could both talk was difficult.

Just when I had given up hope that I would be part of the ceremony, she surprised me by asking me if I would actually perform the wedding for them. That was my introduction to the Universal Life Church. I got ordained as quickly as possible, and before I knew it, I had flown to the west coast, and was presiding over my little sister's wedding. I could not imagine a moment that meant more to me at the time. It was a wonderful ceremony. The two of them picked what services they wanted from the wedding 'guide' I'd gotten when I was ordained.

Well .. just this past month, I topped that emotional tidal wave. My son and his fiance asked me to preside over their wedding. It was another beautiful moment in my life, for which I will be forever grateful.

Had it not been for the ULC, I would have missed out on these two wonderful moments .. and the memories that I will take with me all my life. The ULC truly performs miracles by giving people the opportunity to exercise their convictions, and share wonderful moments in the lives of the people around them.

I look forward to my next opportunity.

Kaleb

Elder in the ULC.

• Like 1

About two years ago, my youngest sister was planning on getting married. During the planning phase, I had hoped that she would choose me to "give her away". Both our mother and our father had passed away, and I wanted someone from her family to be there for her. She never got back with me, and as she was on the west coast (and I was on the east), coordinating times when we could both talk was difficult.

Just when I had given up hope that I would be part of the ceremony, she surprised me by asking me if I would actually perform the wedding for them. That was my introduction to the Universal Life Church. I got ordained as quickly as possible, and before I knew it, I had flown to the west coast, and was presiding over my little sister's wedding. I could not imagine a moment that meant more to me at the time. It was a wonderful ceremony. The two of them picked what services they wanted from the wedding 'guide' I'd gotten when I was ordained.

Well .. just this past month, I topped that emotional tidal wave. My son and his fiance asked me to preside over their wedding. It was another beautiful moment in my life, for which I will be forever grateful.

Had it not been for the ULC, I would have missed out on these two wonderful moments .. and the memories that I will take with me all my life. The ULC truly performs miracles by giving people the opportunity to exercise their convictions, and share wonderful moments in the lives of the people around them.

I look forward to my next opportunity.

Kaleb

Elder in the ULC.

Thats great congratulations! A fellow Marylander too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked this topic