If You Could Live Out A Main Character

• 3 weeks later...

Edmond Dantes in "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas.

Oh, one of my favorites!

I would be Meridith Gentry from her series by Laurell K Hamilton. A real live faerie princess, lots of good looking immortal men, magic, and all, I love her world!

Oo I'll have to look that up. She sounds very interesting. :)

I love love love LKH!! SHe is an awesome writer, i have nearly everything she has ever written, including the comic books (yeah I am a nerd!).

The Merideith Gentry series is my absolute FAV! but be warned, she is a very adult writer, very graphic, very real. So read only if you enjoy reading of adult topics.

I even read her blog!

If you could step into a book and live out the life of one main character of any book, who would you be?

For me it's a no-brainer. The wizard Gandalf (LOR.) Actually, I am living my dream already - minus the orcs lusting after man-flesh and those smelly elephant thingys!. :rolleyes:

Edited by Forest Wizard

Tough and interesting question.

I considered Lazarus Long, from Heinlein, John Carter of Mars from ERB, Death from Discworld, and even Jesus, but am currently leaning towards Tom Jones.

Edited to add

There is also a strong attraction to choosing someone from a story I have not yet read. The mystery of the future is compelling.

Edited by kokigami

I love love love LKH!! SHe is an awesome writer, i have nearly everything she has ever written, including the comic books (yeah I am a nerd!).

The Merideith Gentry series is my absolute FAV! but be warned, she is a very adult writer, very graphic, very real. So read only if you enjoy reading of adult topics.

I even read her blog!

The more graphic the better. :)

Merlin from the Arthurian sagas, although not so much the end portion with that whole Nimue business. I would call for a rewrite or maybe some fan fiction with an alternate ending :D . Merlin meets up with a Celtic prince. They fall madly in love, sail off to Avalon together, and live happily ever after.

Edited by Celtic Shaman

Merlin from the Arthurian sagas, although not so much the end portion with that whole Nimue business. I would call for a rewrite or maybe some fan fiction with an alternate ending :D . Merlin meets up with a Celtic prince. They fall madly in love, sail off to Avalon together, and live happily ever after.

Perhaps you could get some help with that from Kathy Bates. Mary Stewart's pretty old, I think she probably wouldn't put up much of a fight. I doubt she'd need to be hobbled.

The more graphic the better. :)

LOL!! Then you will love her!! Just got finished reading the newest book (june 2 09 was the release date) of the anita blake series, Skin Trade.

It was a really good read. There are times when i wouldnt mind being in Anita's life but she has a much more complex world than Merry. I like Anita's books a lot but it would be nice to be a charactor who has a less complicated life with more perks!

If you like kim harrison or charlaine harris (of the True Blood series) then you will like LKH. If you havent read any of them, then i highly suggest them if you like graphic.

Happy reading!!

On the by and by, Terry Brooks has a new book out on one of the first fantasy series I really read, The Magic Kingdom series. I havent read it yet but its on my list next. That would be a nice world to step into. I would love a talking dog, lol!!