Illinois Guest Minister

blessedbe

I live in Wisconsin, but occasionally do a ceremony in Illinois. I cannot find an easy resource on the web to determine what McHenry County requirements may be for an out-of-state minister. I contacted Lake County a couple years ago and the response was that you just had to have documentation of affiliation with a church recognized by the state. But this is my first McHenry County and unfortunately the ceremony I did yesterday was just inside McHenry County and not Lake County as I thought. Anyone have experience with McHenry County?

• Like 1

I live in Wisconsin, but occasionally do a ceremony in Illinois. I cannot find an easy resource on the web to determine what McHenry County requirements may be for an out-of-state minister. I contacted Lake County a couple years ago and the response was that you just had to have documentation of affiliation with a church recognized by the state. But this is my first McHenry County and unfortunately the ceremony I did yesterday was just inside McHenry County and not Lake County as I thought. Anyone have experience with McHenry County?

I would suggest calling them and asking... Chances are likely that they are the same as the other but... better to ask now than to have to deal with it later.

if you were in the state of illnois,and all the paper work is/was done properly,then there is no problem.unlike wisconsin,the counties don't make the rules as they go along,or require letters of sponsorship and the like.just keep records of when and what you did,that way if it should ever come up in court,you can verify your credentials.next time go to the states web site and read up on the marrige laws for the state.it's a lot less of a headache.

if you were in the state of illnois,and all the paper work is/was done properly,then there is no problem.unlike wisconsin,the counties don't make the rules as they go along,or require letters of sponsorship and the like.just keep records of when and what you did,that way if it should ever come up in court,you can verify your credentials.next time go to the states web site and read up on the marrige laws for the state.it's a lot less of a headache.

Thanks so much for the help!