Why Seek Ordination

What got me here, to seek ordination in the ULC was the understanding that there are other people who can learn exactly what I already know: that what I thought was fantasy & supposition was a reality that other people saw… at least each in their own ways. I learned that the names of “God” [for lack of a better word]were unimportant and that the method of “worship” [in a way]wasn’t so important, so long as the goal remains the Balance [my preferred “word” for Deity].

Originally, I had only been exposed to two sources of “enlightenment:” the mainstream faiths on Earth, and the supposed “fantasies” of science fiction’s alien cultures… what I “believed” (for lack of a better word), I “must” have made up, for nowhere on Earth did it exist.

So I was all alone; imagine my reaction (am I crazy? Doomed and damned?)! No matter how sensible this fantasy was… no matter how workable it all was… my own source of fulfillment was single, solitary and a patchwork of individual tenets of an imaginary quilt of various pieces of belief. Then, as I slowly became aware of other, not so mainstream, belief systems, I came to know something rather extraordinary----- others were also discovering the very same understandings I already knew. What I already knew, they did, too, even if they used words different than my own. I had thought I was pagan (;not really); I drifted from monism to pantheism to panentheism… each said something to me that the previous had not ---- and unknown to me, I was learning something I had always known.

All things and all Laws in any universe is simply a “manifestation” of the Balance/GodForce. In the end, it doesn’t matter; while words are very personally important… it isn’t really [important, that is]. Why, then, is ritual and ceremony so effective? Because the gathering together (aggregation) of pattern and energy “creates” power, which – in turn – moves the Universe. The names aren’t important, unless you think so. Like wearing your “lucky shirt” at an important poker game, the parameters of ritual causes reaction. And this is even why prayer “works.”

Pandeists, panendeists, [some] secular humanists, and ceremonial “magicians” already know this, and thusly, “miracles” are wrought. I got my understanding from some of the most amazing places: from the late (great) Scott Cunningham, from the author of “fantasy” scien fiction, from scientists, and from the works of authors both living and long dead. It’s what I’ve always known, that I’ve discovered human beings also already know, and it works, whether anyone or no one believes. And I guess that, at the very bottom of the equation, that this is why I became a Minister --- to help other Seekers find out what I already know, to create community & fellowship, and to reach out to those in our community whose resources fall short of the mark. .

I don't promise or presume to be unfailingly correct, just to reach out to those who feel as I do (and who also feel alone), for that is why we call "Lykos" a Sanctuary.

Oops --- actually, I'm partially sighted, and sometimes, what I type on the keyboard doesn't get through to the post.

The actual title should read: "Why seek ordination" --- I certainly didn't mean to misspell anything.

I thought that, like the other post, I'd relate the actual reason why I not only got ordained, but am beginning to start the Temple Sanctuary.

Again, I apologize, and if someone could fix the title, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Hope that helps.

well, since we're on the topic of orination I recall a child hood memory...after I had my head trauma I lost some memory but in a weird way I've regained some old memories....anyway, me and my cousin are hiking through the woods behind his parents house and we come upon a newly constructed electric fence...crying out something like " who are you to put up fence to keep us out and keep mother nature in" or words to that effect. He then orinated upon the electric fence...the results were shocking....he's ok, but I don't think he'll ever do that again, nor will I. That was over 25 years ago but if we must talk about orination, that my story. I've never orinated on a flower garden.

[quote name= I've never orinated on a flower garden.

You meant urinated. That's a verb meaning to piss. You can't convert that to a noun as in "urination." But with respect to the verb "ordain" it is possible to say "ordination." These two words ought not be confused. They have their own respective usage in the spiritual dictionary. One cannot, for example, urinate on sacred ground. That would be a sacrilege. Imagine if Moses did that in Mount Sinai. But it would have been possible to ordain Moses there. I think That was where Aaron was ordained a priest. Urinating is an act intended to defle. Ordination is an act to exalt.

[quote name= I've never orinated on a flower garden.

You meant urinated. That's a verb meaning to piss. You can't convert that to a noun as in "urination." But with respect to the verb "ordain" it is possible to say "ordination." These two words ought not be confused. They have their own respective usage in the spiritual dictionary. One cannot, for example, urinate on sacred ground. That would be a sacrilege. Imagine if Moses did that in Mount Sinai. But it would have been possible to ordain Moses there. I think That was where Aaron was ordained a priest. Urinating is an act intended to defle. Ordination is an act to exalt.

Moses was on that mountain for 40 days and fourty nights and you don't think he ever had to urinate or drop a deuce during that time period?!?!?

ya know, the original post was up there for over a week with the topic "orination".

and why the heck did it take Moses 40 years to make that trip? he aint no trucker.

There is one theory that has been put forth that Moses was a very good strategist. It states that he took the curious route that he did in order to have time to train his troops so that they would be ready for the fierce battles that would lie ahead.

If they would have directly tried to cross into the Canaanite fortified city-states they would have been easily defeated. 40 years was the time it took for them to arm themselves sufficiently and train a large enough force to get the job done.

The weaponry methods and strategies they learned from the Egyptians gave them an advantage as well.

There is one theory that has been put forth that Moses was a very good strategist. It states that he took the curious route that he did in order to have time to train his troops so that they would be ready for the fierce battles that would lie ahead.

If they would have directly tried to cross into the Canaanite fortified city-states they would have been easily defeated. 40 years was the time it took for them to arm themselves sufficiently and train a large enough force to get the job done.

The weaponry methods and strategies they learned from the Egyptians gave them an advantage as well.

they were supposed to be on their way to the promised land; a land flowing with milk and honey, so why not just dodge those cities? God never has made sense to me, he gets talented people to build the tower of babble and then confounds them all, he brings his own son into the world and then kills him, he promises to be right back, and then disappears..and the band played on.....

they were supposed to be on their way to the promised land; a land flowing with milk and honey, so why not just dodge those cities? God never has made sense to me, he gets talented people to build the tower of babble and then confounds them all, he brings his own son into the world and then kills him, he promises to be right back, and then disappears..and the band played on.....

Its always such twists in a movie that make it that much more interesting and enjoyable to help keep our focus.

...They have their own respective usage in the spiritual dictionary...

Where or what is this "spiritual dictionary"... more importantly, WHO wrote it and by whose authority?

... One cannot, for example, urinate on sacred ground. That would be a sacrilege.

Says who? Last time I looked urination along with sex and a whole host of other natural functions are GOD MADE, not manmade. Where is the sacrilege? Why do people insist on calling profane that which GOD or nature has created? I do not claim every activity is appropriate for every time and place (sex in public or in front of the kids, for example) but why must humans pass judgement on things God caused to be a part of our lives?

... Urinating is an act intended to defle...
Again, says WHO??

I side with Fawso on this one... Didn't Moses need to 'take a leak?' in 40 days? Did Moses profane or commit sacrilege? What about Jesus himself?... did HE ever urinate, and in so doing did he defile the earth? Is not the ENTIRE EARTH sacred ground since it was created by God?

What about Jesus himself?... did HE ever urinate, and in so doing did he defile the earth? Is not the ENTIRE EARTH sacred ground since it was created by God?

I would thik with Yeshua's miraculous abilities he could have changed urine into wine and fecal matter into yams and was big on recycling. Thursday night was spaghetti and meatballs!!! :umph:

• 2 weeks later...
Moses was on that mountain for 40 days and fourty nights and you don't think he ever had to urinate or drop a deuce during that time period?!?!?

I only meant that part of Mt. Sinai which is referred to as sacred in the scriptures - the spot where Moses was asked to remove his sandals. It is an exaggeration to refer to the entire mountain itself. Since Moses was asked to remove his shoes or sandals it would certainly have been improper for him to urinate there. Certainly he would have urinated elsewhere in the mountain in the course of his stay there!

But this thread's topic really is ordination.

I side with Fawso on this one... Didn't Moses need to 'take a leak?' in 40 days? Did Moses profane or commit sacrilege? What about Jesus himself?... did HE ever urinate, and in so doing did he defile the earth? Is not the ENTIRE EARTH sacred ground since it was created by God?

You have to put things in the proper context. Of course urination itself is not a profane act in itself. Everybody does that. But will you enter a church and urinate at the altar saying there can be nothing wron with that because urinating is natural?

C'mon guys don't raise an issue for the sake of raising it.

I would thik with Yeshua's miraculous abilities he could have changed urine into wine and fecal matter into yams and was big on recycling. Thursday night was spaghetti and meatballs!!! :umph:

Doing that would have been more funny but would have had no value in proselytizing the Jews and the gentiles.

• Amulet locked this topic