Wisconsin Wedding

mellen

hello!

i have been asked by my friends to officiate their wedding this june in wisconsin.

i am a resident of illinois.

reading the wisconsin legislature is making me think this may not be possible:

http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gateway.d...tats&jd=top

i have created my own church. there is one other clergy member, he lives in seattle.

according to the link, i need a letter from a wisconsin resident who is a member of my clergy.

would receiving a letter from a fellow ULC member be sufficient?

thank you!

You will need a letter of sponsorship from someone of the same denomination who has a church under his/her ministry.

You can check out this link if you were ordained ULC through Modesto, CA!

http://ulcwisconsin.org/html/sponoshiptemp.html

I just realized that url still has the word temp in the title. Interesting.. Not important, but interesting..

As long as you perform the wedding under the authority of the ULC in modesto, I can write you a letter. I am not sure how it will work if you perform it under the auspices of your own church, because technically, I am not a part of that church. See the difference?

As long as you perform the wedding under the authority of the ULC in modesto, I can write you a letter. I am not sure how it will work if you perform it under the auspices of your own church, because technically, I am not a part of that church. See the difference?

thank you to all for responding!

yes, that is the problem. that very few are part of my church and a letter from a ULC member may not be enough.

thank you for your offer to write a letter. i may be contacting you one day soon...

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Kokigami.

If you are performing the wedding as ordained clergy of the ULC, one of us Wisconsinites may be able to write a letter of sponorship. I have written some letters; I believe Kokigami has written more. It doesn't matter if your personal beliefs

are different from mine because we both fall under the umbrella of the ULC in Modesto. If none of the clergy in your local church are residents of Wisconsin, going with the national church is probably your best bet.

Hope this helps.