Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
murphzlaw1

What Are You Doing With Your Ordination?

179 posts in this topic

I did it because I could, never took it really seriously until the last few years, but never quite knew if I was the "right" person to become a minister... I have never really been very religious, I believe in God, but, being a Roman Catholic, those long masses put me off on the whole church thing. I then became a "chapel guide" after Basic Training to mentor and offer spiritual advice to those Basic Trainees that started after me. I went to a Catholic mass once, and did the non-denom after that. I really enjoyed the non-denom stuff, it gets the point across like RC, but not in the same "strict" way... I made some mistakes, I swear, I curse... and now I find myself wanting to be a youth pastor (applied for a job here in SC doing this same thing)... but I have no "experience" and I'm not sure if I should even have the right to be a minister

Do you mean basic for the military? If so, which branch and where did you go to basic? And I'm also a SC native

I WAS ....DARN CAPS...I WAS ..DANG IT..i was ordained by ULC in 2010..i'm disabled as i have a sleep disorder and extreme anxieties and am unemployable for those reasons(long story). Over the years due to my unemployment ,i had  a lot of time to study the old and new testaments using various books other than just the bible,as well as using free studies and material that are offered over the net as well as literature like the complete works of Josephus,the larger than life Historical character..(I think Josephus was also a Country & Western singer which added to his fame....)I studied  some free BIble Courses that were offered on the Internet ,as well as the fact my best friend was  an ordained Minister  with the Assembly of God Church..So i had some help with my studies..But i didn't have the money to do what had to be done in order to achieve my dream..i had to have tools of the ministry..i couldn't afford the stuff that was being offered by the fundamental  mainstream doctrinal churches of our day..The Universal Life Church was the only Church that recognized me as  a minister,without my having to pass expensive tests or attend an expensive seminary school or having to dedicate my loyalty faith and behavior to a Church that works via a religious system..The ULC has allowed me  ,inexpensively ,(well within my monthly budget) to be Ordained and to have the tools of study and the tools of legitimate recognition that are necessary ,which makes me feel  secure about my calling and what i'm doing..nobody can call me a wannabe minister..i now have the credentials to back up the fact that i'm as legitimate as any minister,whether he be a small local preacher or a famous well known rich guy like ..well...no names..But you get my drift.I appreciate the ULC whole heartedly and have immense respect for it's belief in people and their rights to be ordained and preach what they believe to be right..If everyone here can truly agree to disagree in calm and  with respect for one another,then you know ULC is doing it's job..and so far...The ULC is awesome and a god send.Thank you ULC. 

One of my fav saying is God is On Time All the Time.. I originally got my ordination to assist a friend doing weddings. I love theology and philosophy and in the last few years the Spirit led me to creating a website using the Word  "of all faiths" with posts on how to Live and apply the Word to our daily lives. I have received positive response and now am working on getting my site allaboutchoicesjc,com out there more for others to read and share. I am happy to see this forum and hope to create new friends thru this. I am in process of completing the Comparative Religions course now and will definitely be using it on my site...as Life is All About Choices and it is our thoughts, words, and actions that create what comes next in our lives journey. Peace. Renee'