What Are You Doing With Your Ordination?

I became ordained as an act of consecration to the service of God and Lord Jesus Christ. I am following up by attending an online university to complete my Bachelors and then go throught 3 years of Seminary training. I like to pray for the unfortunate and afflicted over the scriptures in the morning and to read a Proverbs chapter every day. I am interested in ministering to those in need and then to pastor a church someday.

Last night a spirit came knocking at my headboard on my bed repeatedly. I did not know if it was good or evil so I prayed to Jesus Christ to take it away from me, much like Ebinezer Scrooge. The room was suddenly filled with a pulsing electric atmosphere, then all was peaceful and quiet except that I was scared out of my wits. I don't know if God was showing me that some respectful fear is healthy or if some chagrinned spirit was trying to ruin Christmas. Either way, I won't serve as a medium for any spirit but Jesus Christ, although I formerly tried to do that kind of thing. Blessed Christmas and believe that God is the greatest Spirit of all.

Deborah...ah what time was that? I have a reason to ask and would just like to know if you recall for now...more later, but I think more than just you were affected by that "Spirit". For now, lets just say some angels have harps that play a very different tune than others.

Blessings of Peace,

(I'll start a new thread with answer as to not side track this one)

Edited by Atwater Vitki
  • 2 weeks later...

I signed up as a joke initially after a friend told me that you cold become a minister online. I did it, and found out it was real.

Now that I'm actually ordained, I plan on doing at least one wedding ceremony during my lifetime. Perhaps I can save my brother a few bucks by officiating the ceremony for free if his future bride agrees. If the local laws allow it, I have no problem doing a same-sex union/marriage ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I became ordained so I could be the Chaplain for the EMS service I work for. I really believe it was suppose to be because since we have had two deaths at the services in which I held memorial services, I have officiated at one of my coworkers Grandmothers funeral, and I have officiated at my brother in law's funeral. I have been called to the scene of multiple scenes on deaths mostly children. It is rough sometimes but I believe it is my calling.

I became ordained so I could be the Chaplain for the EMS service I work for. I really believe it was suppose to be because since we have had two deaths at the services in which I held memorial services, I have officiated at one of my coworkers Grandmothers funeral, and I have officiated at my brother in law's funeral. I have been called to the scene of multiple scenes on deaths mostly children. It is rough sometimes but I believe it is my calling.

May God bless you richly in your calling.

I finally got the courage to let my Pastor at the church I attend know that I had an online ordination which I am taking seriously in regards to service to God and my fellows. I am attending classes getting ready for Seminary School and doing well in Bible History and Apologetics. Peace and Blessings to all.

• 1 month later...

I was ordained in 2007, and thought it was joke. As I looked into it more and more, I found out it was legal. I started a wedding ministry, which grew into an Interfaith church for the churchless (we will do any rite for anyone, bringing comfort is more important than doctrine) and now into a full fledged ministry with meetings and all. It has been quite a trip.

That is an awesome story!!! GREAT JOB!
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to start a ULC church in my home town. Dont quite know how to do it but I think one day it might happen. (fingers crossed)

I am trying to start a ULC church in my home town. Dont quite know how to do it but I think one day it might happen

Besides you two sounding eerily similar... :unsure: ...the best place to start is your City Clerk's Office. They can give you the lowdown on all local ordinances, licenses and requirements for starting a congregation.

You can get started and then look into the 501 c3 (tax exempt) status for clergy/churches. There are a few differences in that statute from state to state so make sure to comply with all IRS and local, state and federal requirements before appling for that status.

There are some good articles here on the forum about that...I'll see if I can find them and will post for ya....note HERE

Blessings of Peace,

Edited by Atwater Vitki

Hello all,

I just became ordained a couple days ago.

My story goes something like this...... I was shooting some photos at a wedding for a friend and she mentioned that her best friend was doing the wedding ceremony. Later I found myself talking to the woman that was about to do the ceremony and started asking her about it. She told me she came to ULC to become ordained. I thought that was such a great thing, I was speechless. She was ordained to do her best friends wedding ceremony. I started reading a lot about becoming ordained and the process of how one does such a thing. I then remembered the ULC and came here to do just that.

I plan on doing weddings for friends and others whenever possible and also to help out wherever I can with such a title now. I have always been at ease speaking in front of large groups of people. Maybe this will pus me in a different direction???

Im really glad I did this. It's going to be a trip for sure.

JC

Edited by John_Charles

I was ordained in 3/2003. Originally I became ordainded as just something cool to show my friends, but now I am going to actually be able to use my ordination for something meaningful. My sister in law has asked me to marry her and her fiance. To even make my story a little bit more interesting, my sister in laws best frind is due to be married in June of 2012, but her minister had some family matters come up so guess who she called to marry her. Maybe this is my calling?

I was ordained in 3/2003. Originally I became ordainded as just something cool to show my friends, but now I am going to actually be able to use my ordination for something meaningful. My sister in law has asked me to marry her and her fiance. To even make my story a little bit more interesting, my sister in laws best frind is due to be married in June of 2012, but her minister had some family matters come up so guess who she called to marry her. Maybe this is my calling?

Good luck with your first wedding!

So what do I need. I have been searching all over the net for a good book to give me example cerimonies as well as anything else I might need. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I think the most important thing is to meet the expectations of the couple, you should sit together and discuss the ceremony, I would advice at least two sessions one to gather information and give ideas and a second one, at least a week later, to agree on it.

Some items to discuss and go over with:

- Does the couple have a faith and how important is it to them?

- Do they want to see a favorite quote or verse either from scripture or perhaps contemporary writings?

- Do they have a story to share, for instance how they met, how they got to the point where they are now?

- Do they want other family members involved in the ceremony?

- Do they like it extremely formal or less formal?

- Do they want you to talk much about the importance of marriage or 'get it over with quickly'?

- Are there live musicians who will be part of the ceremony or is there recorded music or no music at all?

After you understand what they expect you can make a plan. Then have them 'sit on it' and then on the follow up visit make the final plan.

Just some pointers not a final list, perhaps some other members can add to it as well.

Edited by Hyper Real
  • Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic