What Are You Doing With Your Ordination?

although we have no brick and morter church, a group of close friends meet up every sunday morning ( 12 to about 25) at our local gun club for a sunday morning service and then for some target shooting. service usually lasts abot 3 to 4 hrs this has been a weekly routine for the past 7 years.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

although we have no brick and morter church, a group of close friends meet up every sunday morning ( 12 to about 25) at our local gun club for a sunday morning service and then for some target shooting. service usually lasts abot 3 to 4 hrs this has been a weekly routine for the past 7 years.

I have refrained for a couple of months, but I just can't hold it back any longer... :fear: ...you should start a "Choir"...called, but what else...."Gun's n' Moses" :rofl: I hope you see the humor there and not meant as insulting in any manner..just came to check posts and well...the refrain thing!

Blessings of Peace,

• 2 months later...

I grew up in a school founded by missionaries... I'm a volunteer firefighter, I've been an EMT; worked in hospitals; ERs, and ORs.... I've helped deliver babies and been there when people pass from this life... all the while I have felt God's tremendous presence. I see prayer at work, and I have been praying with and for my fellow firefighters. With my Ordination, I can officially work as a Chaplain for my Department and further serve my community. :clover:

I grew up in a school founded by missionaries... I'm a volunteer firefighter, I've been an EMT; worked in hospitals; ERs, and ORs.... I've helped deliver babies and been there when people pass from this life... all the while I have felt God's tremendous presence. I see prayer at work, and I have been praying with and for my fellow firefighters. With my Ordination, I can officially work as a Chaplain for my Department and further serve my community. :clover:

I love that name Chaplain Melody it just rolls off my tongue like poetry.

But as an EMT I'm sure you've seen just as many times that prayer hasn't worked. What gives you the impression that it does work.

You've seen times when it has and hasn't worked, what makes you feel that it does work over and beyond what statistically could be seen as just natural events?

Welcome Chaplain Melodie! Sounds exciting! Best of luck and best wishes.

Blessings of Peace,

The short answer is not much just yet, as I was just ordained about a month and a half ago. I've just enrolled in the S.O.U.L. course and accordingly hope to get into religious counseling -- if nothing else, just being a safe person for others to come with difficult questions, fears, and anxieties. I hope that my being a ULC minister may give me increased opportunities in this capacity. I am also interested in preaching; perhaps, at some point, I'll put a Website and post sermons.

I would like to officiate a friend's wedding (though it won't be happening for at least a couple of years), but his fiancee is a difficult person who dislikes me (for stupid reasons) and therefore would likely object to my officiating. Perhaps I could serve other couples in this way at some point down the road. I'm also eager to ordain new ministers, but I haven't had the opportunity just yet.

In short, at this point, I'm just learning all I can about ULC ministry and brain-storming constructive things I might be able to accomplish as a minister.

I've seen so many stories about how people are using their ordination. Some people have actual brick and mortar churches, some people have se tup web ministries, some people did it just to perform a wedding for a friend, and some people did it just because they like the idea of being a minister!

So, what's your story??

I did a wedding several years ago for my niece, it was very nice and went quite well. Recently, her younger brother announced his intention of marriage to his sweetheart, and requested my services. Since I have a number of relatives of marriagable age, I thought it would be sensible to become ordained, thus saving them the effort and expense of setting up the one-day councilperson thing that San Diego County does (where they live). I figure that I will find plenty of people that could use an ordained friend to help them out, and that seems to be my part in life. Always do that which is right, and helping folks out certainly qualifies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Although currently I currently describe myself as a Celtic shaman (with some Native American elements), in 1998 I was studying Wicca with the Order of the Crystal Moon. The High Priest and Priestess were both ULC ministers, and this prompted me to check into ULC myself. I became ordained in August of that year. A few years later I performed my sister's wedding here in Florida after registering at the county courthouse as a premarital counseling provider. (My ULC ordination certificate allowed me to do this :).) My spiritual path has taken some twists and turns over the years. Because of ULC's open attitude to all faiths, it has remained a constant in my life over the past 13 years.

Edited by Bleidd Mawr
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing yet not even letting anyone know besides my wife until after I have mastered myself and the work in the group im in. When I do that I hope to offer weddings, funerals, counseling and the such. I work with energy through a variety of stuff including house cleansing and blessings. I am a student of the arts and will continue to do so.

I was one of the earlier ones ordained. I used to work in construction with my father. One time I saw my dad talking to a guy who looked like he might be related. Looked similar from the back I thought it was an uncle or a cousin. My dad came from a large family. It was Kirby Hensley. All my father said was "That's the first time I ever heard a preacher cuss"

I visited family in Europe last year, I found the D.D. works wonders with people in Europe. I was politely addressed as "Doctor" a lot of places. My grandfather never mastered English, I never mastered German.

• Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic