What Are You Doing With Your Ordination?

I guess you could say that I am trying to use my ordination for the common good. I try to help friends and family in times of need and I also lead some local organizations that I am a part and leader of in prayer at meetings, events, and gatherings. I would have to say that I like helping people and being ordained helps me to accomplish this. I also am thinking of going to nursing homes in the near future to visit with the residents and help cheer them up, and possibly assist them in prayer or other religious duties that they they may ask me to preform.

I guess you could say that I am trying to use my ordination for the common good. I try to help friends and family in times of need and I also lead some local organizations that I am a part and leader of in prayer at meetings, events, and gatherings. I would have to say that I like helping people and being ordained helps me to accomplish this. I also am thinking of going to nursing homes in the near future to visit with the residents and help cheer them up, and possibly assist them in prayer or other religious duties that they they may ask me to preform.

Service to others.... you have my thanks, and a big high five...... welcome aboard....

Thanks to the ordination I will be able to move forward with impunity. Its a shame that all our society seems to look to is folks with initials behind their name. I am not saying that this is a bad thing. However, a lot of what I am doing cannot be taught from a textbook, this is real life experience that comes into play.

Fawzo, quit scarin the new people! :P

I hope I have come far enough to not take offense at some of the postings-those that seem vicious it is best to leave alone (for me anyway) if there is not a good reply that furthers the discussion. Some of the postings I have later found to be tongue in cheek, so I am trying to learn not to be quick to feel criticism unjustly...I hope those coming here enjoy the diversity of viewpoint and ideology that has made this such a wonderful experience for me. Even in topics where there is so much room for a wide range of opinion, it is a learning experience-sometimes I sit back and digest it awhile before deciding whether to continue my own views or alter them according to the feedback and input.

As for starting a church or movement on a shoestring budget, I hope all goes well for you...

I have hd to temporarily go back to dialup connection...agonizingly slow..GRRRR!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had awhile to wander around so...first I was just intenerant and helped raise funds for an orphanage and woman's shelter. Years later I counseled, was with the teritiary franciscans for a brief stint but joined the sons for more autonomy. I counseled, then oversaw counseling and education services, then finally became the senior health officer which I still serve today.

So that really means I oversee food and medicine quality for the congregation, take care of animals and deal with advanced or difficult human cases others aren't ready for. I'm at least as involved in the plant/mushroom stores and processing as I am in patient care.

It is full time and all consuming - but I get to live in a beautiful place and my "job" is that everyone be healthy and content. No money in it though, and it is challenging out here (forest/way rural). But it isn't poisonous :lol: and it does leave some time for personal pursuits.

Edited by curenado

I haven’t used it but it’s been cool to know it was there.

I never liked the idea that only the experts could teach or minister so I guess I did it out of a sense of rebellion but then I didn’t talk about it to anyone because I felt odd about not having “worked” for it. There’s a paradox. :rolleyes:

Since then I worked with a meditation group as a lightworker. I taught religious education for about 20 years and served as a prayer chaplain for a few years with another church. I’ve also helped with the music ministry for about 20 years at the same church.

This weekend, I may officiate at my first wedding if the other minister does not show. I've been getting all my ducks in a row for that and feel pretty prepared. :thumbu:

I just applied and have been ordained.

I'm very honoured actually. It feels significant on a personal spiritual level.

It feels like just the start of a journey.

What I am going to do now is respect it, and take it seriously. I'm sure that with the ease that ordinations are granted, a lot would take it for granted, or simply let it lapse from their interest over time.

I don't want to be like that.

I'm glad to be here.

• 1 month later...

I've been "called" to minister to the dying and their families through Hospice. Ordination and credentials is a must for human reasons (don't believe God requires it) and am now researching and learning (will be taking the ULC Seminary courses) about all the different cultures and their end of life rituals. I am a Christ follower, but I believe in ministering to ALL of God's children. I chose ULC because of the freedom to do that. I love Jesus, but his followers are so flippin condemning sometimes and I don't want to be held back anymore when God needs to use me. I found my calling through Lifechurch.tv's Church Online where I serve as a prayer volunteer in their live chat rooms. Speaking with cultures around the world and being able to minister to them online has truly opened my eyes and heart to the love God has for all of his children. The end of life ministry came about from research into near death experiences and shows like Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State. I feel an ache in my heart to help people go from this life to eternity with the greatest of love and knowing they are ready to go. I believe it helps the family handle grief better if they have an end of life minister there at that time.

This has been the biggest blessing of my life.

• 1 month later...

I had a music ministry for 27 years prior to being ordained. I have always been spiritual and it felt right to sign up.

I am pleased and proud of my ordination. I have a virtual ministry online (no members, its really just a place for me to go and meditate).

Eventually, I would like to set up a spiritual center for education and quiet reflection.

I do self-study in spirituality and console/advise/counsel those who come to me.

I had a music ministry for 27 years prior to being ordained. I have always been spiritual and it felt right to sign up.

I am pleased and proud of my ordination. I have a virtual ministry online (no members, its really just a place for me to go and meditate).

Eventually, I would like to set up a spiritual center for education and quiet reflection.

I do self-study in spirituality and console/advise/counsel those who come to me.

LOL.. just a tip sweety... But I checked ya profile and there was no LINK to the online thing... Now, i may not be a total net guru, but I have played around enough to have noticed that ya seem to have a much higher rate of visitors if people actually know it exists.... this COULD possibly explain the low membership? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I was ordained in 2001, after the death of my father. It was in reaction to not feeling part of the church and dogma of my upbringing. I like what the ULchurch stands for and that it allows a couple to be married via an officiant who is receptive to their unique spirituality. This is important to me because when my ex-husband and I were married we had to jump through hoops and kiss priest butt to be allowed to get married in my church since we were of different Christian faiths. It left me with a negative feeling about the marriage process and my church. At any rate, I have never married another couple, but I like that I can if called upon. I take it very seriously. Up until recently, it was my own little secret and I never told anyone I was an ordained minister. But I am now looking into pursuing this venue.

• 4 weeks later...

I grew up one of those children dressed in best and taken to turn every Sunday morning, But I never really felt anything in it and never understood the spiritual aspect of it. So make it simple I lost faith that i never really had, I eventually became a pagan for a few years followed by being lost in that area and being more atheist. That was until December 23rd 2002 at around 5 or 6 pm. It was a snowy day with about 8 inches of snow on the ground already and more still falling I was scared...very scared, I even hid the car keys from my mother and "acted" like i was looking for them. Well as i was outside by the car "looking" for the keys I felt someone lay their hand on my left shoulder, so quickly i turned around and there was nobody. My mother was still in the house and nobody else was there, at least not in flesh. I looked up at the cloudy sky but oddly enough starry as well, I instantly knew what was going on I could feel the most amazing peaceful feeling and I had this mind set like someone has whispered into my mind without using any words. I felt the message....I am still here and I still love you. It was mind blowing to say the least. That same week My mother and I found a church in the area and started going to the service and also dinner/special events. Then almost 1 year later in Oct. 2003 the home we were living mysteriously caught fire in the middle of the night. We would have been there asleep but my mothers Dr. appointment was rescheduled to the following day. Instead of driving home and back we stayed at my g ma's If we were there we would have been no more. As if by a miracle when we went back to church and they had heard about the fire....thanks to the church we had more than just the clothes we wear wearing even had shirts of my favorite color. Later it was considered that the fire was a faulty window a/c unit but never proved. I stayed in faith and i honestly felt that God saved us that night. But that is not all, a few years ago I was driving with my wife and child and as I was about to be struck by a semi truck sliding on ice i said "oh god its going to" the impact stopped my words and i won't forget the feeling of the brute force of the impact. Our car rolled twice and hit a tree and I was literally stuck in the car for around 2 hours. I never will forget the words that came to the amazed rescue team member.."Are you o...Wow how are you alive?" he said at looked at the car's damage both inside and out,to which i responded "God saved me" to which he agreed that me being alive was a miracle. Since my being rededicated that day in the snow I have had the dream of being ordained and help spread by testimony to the faithful as well as the faithless. Fo I know I have been given a calling, And what right do I have to say NO? I am now legally ordained by ULC as of 01/29/2011. My new road begins.

Today is only Tomorrow's Yesterday. Learn from yesterday, Enjoy today, Live for Tomorrow, But remember Everyday is a day of the father.

Thank you for reading my story and God Bless

JADOC

Also i would like to share this Wallpaper i made for my computer.

post-14662-0-31618600-1296517296.jpg

JADOC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:ph34r:WhatWhat Am I doing with my Ordination? I have started a Christian Organization Called: USA World Outreach Ministeries. This is an Internet only organization. We don't have a large paid staff, large overhead or regular so called Church meetings. We use free or low cost Web tools to spread our message.We don't ask for donations. If we need something, God will provide it.

What I found out, that most churches and ministers, in this country are more interested in Churchanity instead of teaching the real message of Jesus Christ. They are more concerned with Money and power. Most refuse to talk about the real problems, we have in this country and around the world. Most so called Christians and ministers won't even vote much less stand up for what right and honorable.

The Website, I have just started is: www.usaworldoutreach,blogspot.com

• Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic