Help With Vaccination Exemption

drrishi1

I'm sure he can too. But this is not only for his protection, it is for the protection of the patients he comes in contact. As a healthcare worker it is not unreasonable to strongly consider it for the safety of those you care for.

Which is why the DoD mandated it for HCP with direct patient contact.

• 3 months later...
The flu vaccine is one I don't get as well. I did get it once, was fine for two years then hit hard. Since then I've decided I can deal with the sniffles for a few days. Right now dealing with an annoying case of Post Nasal Drip, and nothing that just handles it... everything has other stuff, like Acetaminophen for pain, but I'm not in pain. I just got to suck it up and take some NyQuil tonight so I don't drown overnight.

NyQuil, the only medicine that comes in two 'flavors' - Green and Red. It's not Cherry, it tastes like red. But the stuff will knock me out for hours, better than a few shots of hard liquor.

I am sorry, but the flu shot does not give you permanent immunity from the flu. As a person with chronic medical conditions (COPD ans diabetes) I take the flu shot, as recommended, every year. If you care to do a little research, look up the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918. An effective flu vaccine such as we have today would ahve prevented a ot of those deaths. You can have your own beliefs, everyone is entitled to them. BTW, they changed the formula of NyQuil and reduced the alcohol content from 25% to 10%. It no longer does anything at all for me.

bless you and keep you,

Rev. Allen

the last time i got a flu shot was while on active duty.

if your employer requries something,and you wish exemption,then you should be able to provide reason,and sign accordlingly.keep in mind not all active duty personal get vacinationed,as some have allergies to it(ie eggs).

• 2 weeks later...
I am sorry, but the flu shot does not give you permanent immunity from the flu. As a person with chronic medical conditions (COPD ans diabetes) I take the flu shot, as recommended, every year. If you care to do a little research, look up the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918. An effective flu vaccine such as we have today would ahve prevented a ot of those deaths. You can have your own beliefs, everyone is entitled to them. BTW, they changed the formula of NyQuil and reduced the alcohol content from 25% to 10%. It no longer does anything at all for me.

bless you and keep you,

Rev. Allen

Nyquil? useless.

when I get a flu or cold, I go buy a bottle of cheap booze, by the time the bottle is almost gone, so is the virus.

I am sorry, but the flu shot does not give you permanent immunity from the flu.

This is the main reason why I refuse to get a flu shot - it is still technically possible to get the flu.

As a person with chronic medical conditions (COPD ans diabetes) I take the flu shot, as recommended, every year. If you care to do a little research, look up the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918. An effective flu vaccine such as we have today would ahve prevented a ot of those deaths. You can have your own beliefs, everyone is entitled to them.

But people would still have gotten the flu back then even with flu shots. And, there is no guarantee that the shot will work, and please don't tell me that they use the shot for the strain for the flu that is supposed to be the problem in any given year. There is no guarantee that it will work.

By the way, I have not had the flu in years, yet another reason why I don't get the shot!

I sometimes work food service and here the health department requires some tests done on you. only way to get out of that is a note from a church leader saying it's against your religious beliefs. I just say I am a priest and refuse for these reasons. they have me sign a paper saying I was warned of what could happen and I understand this.

The issue I see is the religious reason, your church and it has to be a church reconised as such by the state, each state has its requirements, some require regular meetings and other requirements. It normally has to be part of the doctrine of that group.

So if you have a group, and they teach this as such, then you should be covered, if this is merely a personal desire not to, and you wish to pretend it to be religious then it is another issue.

I'm sure he can too. But this is not only for his protection, it is for the protection of the patients he comes in contact. As a healthcare worker it is not unreasonable to strongly consider it for the safety of those you care for.

Yepper...as a professional Registered Nurse, I concur with this answer

Since you do not attend a church (a being a specific church) and assuming you are ordained here by the ULC they would be hard pressed to not accept you signing as your own clergy as under 29 C.F.R. PART 1605, the USSC has upheld United States v. Seeger and Welsh v. United States which created the standard of "The fact that no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not accept such belief will not determine whether the belief is a religious belief of the employee or prospective employee."

Excellent answer - - great case citations